• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where have you been?

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
Over on PPruNe they have been discussing the demise of the Goat, including some members on here. I gather all is good and we have a long future ahead?

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Ok great. So it's back, probably much to the annoyance of some of those in Ivory Towers....but for how long?

What mitigations are being put in place to prevent a recurrence? What assurances can we (the Donators) have that our trust is not being misappropriated? What lessons have been learned?

This place is a valuable source of information, where like minded individuals can indulge in a version of humour they may fondly remember, a place which has in the past - raised a decent amount for Charity and it still can.

So where do we go from here?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi all...

Discussion will be held to find out how to secure the future on a RAF biased rumour and chat/gen website amongst those still involved. I have asked the question of Wobbly on how we can maintain this site moving forwards and I await some response. I thought for a while there that the site was dead duck so I am pleasantly surprised to see that it is up again. This cannot continue in this vein so for now take it on trust that we are back and talks will be held to secure a brighter future for all who want to keep involved.

Keep posting, enjoy the site and we'll keep you informed as things unfold.

Vim

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Just as a matter of interest, did the site keel over because of technical issues, or was it something else?

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I think the trust of donated funds is an insult to be honest. The site owner puts all funds into maintaining this site, and he does not have full control of the account access. There is a structure in place and has been since 2007.

Bit out of order in my view... my personal view, not one of tge management

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
I think the trust of donated funds is an insult to be honest. The site owner puts all funds into maintaining this site, and he does not have full control of the account access. There is a structure in place and has been since 2007.

Bit out of order in my view... my personal view, not one of tge management

Following Spearmint, Vim and Salty, I think lessons do need to be learned and made available to us all. A bit slow at the moment, isn't it?

terence

Corporal
just as a matter of interest, did the site keel over because of technical issues, or was it something else?

i don,t care what the issues that caused the problem...i,m just glad to see you back.now don,t you go away again.o.k.!!!!!!

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I had to join PPrune for a while there, was very annoyed to find Max Reheat already taken as a name. Welcome back Goat

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
As someone who joined Pprune first and then discovered e-goat - Welcome back!
As much as I get pasted for my posts on here I do enjoy the banter and stuff.
I know this break must've been a strain on all in the back room - a big thank you for your efforts.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
A big thank you to everyone who keeps the site going - I appreciate that it's no mean feat and that no-one is under any illusion that it's an easy thing. Well done all.

To The Goat - long may she reign........

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
A big thank you to everyone who keeps the site going - I appreciate that it's no mean feat and that no-one is under any illusion that it's an easy thing. Well done all.

To The Goat - long may she reign........

Did you re-animate ILLBW or leave him as he was?

morse1001

Sergeant
The lack of the goat has caused a great detail of discussion on other forums. But I for one am glad that it is back up and running.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Still don't know why it went tits up for a while...

...hoping it wasn't another ball kicking from the "Ministry of Diversity and by the way, Watch your Mouth, sexist"