• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weapons technician

jkgilly

LAC
Hi all,

Currently in the process of joining as a weapons technician and now just waiting for my dates for PRTC and RTS. Bit of wait after a mix up with med reports for capita who if I'm honest we're terrible but got there in the end.

Just wondered if there were any ex or currently serving WTs about? Be great to listen to someone with experience in the trade. I know a couple of the instructors up at Cosford so I'm hoping they still be there by the time I get up there, but I guess knowing the staff could go either way haha.

Anyway, thanks all and would be great to see if there's any weapons techs knocking about.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Hi all,

Currently in the process of joining as a weapons technician and now just waiting for my dates for PRTC and RTS. Bit of wait after a mix up with med reports for capita who if I'm honest we're terrible but got there in the end.

Just wondered if there were any ex or currently serving WTs about? Be great to listen to someone with experience in the trade. I know a couple of the instructors up at Cosford so I'm hoping they still be there by the time I get up there, but I guess knowing the staff could go either way haha.

Anyway, thanks all and would be great to see if there's any weapons techs knocking about.

It might be worth joining the >> bomb heads facebook << page, it is always busy.

jkgilly

LAC
Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Just wish the process would be a but quicker but I'm sure it will all be worth the wait in the end.

Hi all,

How long have you been waiting for your dates?

I'm also currently going through the application process for Weapons Technician.
I have got my PRTC in a few weeks time.

jkgilly

LAC
I had my medical and pjft about 2/3 weeks ago and my Cpl told me I should be in November but Iv still heard nothing although he's still confident about the Novemeber intake as WT is a pin point trade. Just have to wait and see. How long has it taken you? You had your dates yet?

I sent my application off May last year. Had a fair few issues with Capita that have delayed the process!!!
Been given BRTC dates of 12 November, all being well with passing PRTC

jkgilly

LAC
I sent my application off May last year. Had a fair few issues with Capita that have delayed the process!!!
Been given BRTC dates of 12 November, all being well with passing PRTC
Yeah I had an issue with Capita as well, hopeless tbh and has really delayed me process. Iv got friends who applied after me in trades which weren't pin point and they're already at Halton

it's been a pain at times to be honest but the one thing this application has taught me is patience!!

Hope you get your dates sorted soon!

dctyke

Corporal
stick with it and make the most of every opportunity. I had a fantastic 36 yrs in the trade........ I don't regret a single day, although there were one or two I don't remember :pDT_Xtremez_30:

jkgilly

LAC
stick with it and make the most of every opportunity. I had a fantastic 36 yrs in the trade........ I don't regret a single day, although there were one or two I don't remember :pDT_Xtremez_30:
Will do! The extra couple of month wait are nothing in comparison to the 24 year career I could have so I'm willing to wait however long it takes, even though it can be a pain in the arse haha. But like I say really looking forward to it!

jkgilly

LAC
Does anyone know the admin on the RAF armourers Facebook page? Can't seem to get a response to join and view the page

jkgilly

LAC
As far as I'm aware for my first tour I'd have to complete a posting with a flying squadron but after that is the armourers trade which can open up pretty much any RAF posting? I presume all bases need weapons ect maintaining.