• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Success with 6S

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The little bit of the empire that I am allowed to work in is currently undergoing 6S. Seems more like an old fashioned pre AOC's clearout but without the planning. The 6's are safe, sustain, stabilise, streamline (maybe) and the 2 others which could well be shaft and scupper. It would be easier and quicker if they came into the section then randomly threw 30% of the assets away. Then watch as we cope with whats left, followed by a hearty round of backslapping as the "team" congratulate themselves on streamlining the process and adding some more SPACE in the building. This space you have generated WTF is it for?? Holding a few cubic metres of fresh air perhaps. After measuring walls, photgraphing locker locations, wandering round with clip boards and secret print outs of the new look what has been achieved FFS. 6S more like "Put it in the skip, skip, skip, skip, skip and skip. I particularlly like the line that the team will brief you every day on what they have decided to carry out. OI chod brains what about some input from people in the section who actually use the kit on a daily basis. Tw@ts:pDT_Xtremez_25:

There that feels better spleen vented satis thank you

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
This space you have generated WTF is it for?? Holding a few cubic metres of fresh air perhaps.

It is to accomodate whatever it was that the previous 6s event expunged from the little piece of the empire it was concentrating on. For example, a certain u/c bogie has been on a non-stop tour of the hangar since the first 6s event moved it along (no loitering here please) into the next area and so on.
Eventually everything will congerete in the 'red tag' area from where it will be taken to a safe haven, not to be disposed of per-se but placed inconveniently far away so as to be out of sight, out of mind. Eventually these items will be deemed surplus to requirements and binned because nobody asked for them back, not because they aren't useful but because they were too difficult to retrieve or we'd all forgotten they were in there in the first place.
There, that seems to be 6s in a nutshell, where to I claim my consultency fee please?

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
You think you have it bad. ::/: Get this. They have 6S'd their bloody t-bar. :pDT_Xtremez_17:
You hang up a tag when it's time for a new tea towel :pDT_Xtremez_17: :pDT_Xtremez_17:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Then watch as we cope with whats left, followed by a hearty round of backslapping as the "team" congratulate themselves on streamlining the process and adding some more SPACE in the building. This space you have generated WTF is it for?? Holding a few cubic metres of fresh air perhaps.
Is it not for Fulton Block?, I don't think they've got quite enough space in there!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
This space you have generated WTF is it for?? Holding a few cubic metres of fresh air perhaps.

Is it so that TAM/Swingerbag can move round the hangar safe in the knowledge his oversized comedy nose has enough clearance for him to turn round at any time without fear of obstruction or causing damage to any kit in the vicinity?:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Eventually everything will congregate in the 'red tag' area from where it will be taken to a safe haven, not to be disposed of per-se but placed inconveniently far away so as to be out of sight, out of mind. Eventually these items will be deemed surplus to requirements and binned .........

Quite amusing to see that a number of the red tagged items that are deemed surplus were needed for the West Midlands Airshow hangar displays. 6S bah humbug more management speak gobblybollox for the masses to endure.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Please tell me this is a joke !:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Funny enough, that's exactly what I said. The tea, coffee and sugar have labels on the jars, the lids and the walls !! :pDT_Xtremez_17:

It's sooooo OCD it scares me ! :pDT_Xtremez_06:

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
It is to accomodate whatever it was that the previous 6s event expunged from the little piece of the empire it was concentrating on. For example, a certain u/c bogie has been on a non-stop tour of the hangar since the first 6s event moved it along (no loitering here please) into the next area and so on.
Eventually everything will congerete in the 'red tag' area from where it will be taken to a safe haven, not to be disposed of per-se but placed inconveniently far away so as to be out of sight, out of mind. Eventually these items will be deemed surplus to requirements and binned because nobody asked for them back, not because they aren't useful but because they were too difficult to retrieve or we'd all forgotten they were in there in the first place.
There, that seems to be 6s in a nutshell, where to I claim my consultency fee please?

Ah! the bogie, originally cunningly located so as to be adjacent to the rest of the hydraulic/undercarriage/wheels/tyres/brake display area, as with the whole of the hangar, arranged to mirror the progress of training. Now more recently next to Genfly along with the rest of the so called surplus. PAG would be turning a strange shade of purple:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
as with the whole of the hangar, arranged to mirror the progress of training.

I'm staggered :pDT_Xtremez_17: you mean to say that prior to the concept of LEAN and 6s that workshops and hangars etc. were organised into a sensible logical sequence no way:0 . You'll be telling me next that SNCO's and WO's provided guidance on how to run the show:pDT_Xtremez_42: and Jengo's signed leave passes . Surely not if things were already sorted and working well why would we need to pay a fortune for some consultant types to sort things out all over again.

Capt Slog I can see two reasons why you left:pDT_Xtremez_06:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sussed it I now know what 6S is. It's LEAN's bitter and twisted evil twin. Today even me the mild mannered slow to anger TB (Non PC possibly but very very slow to get irate) was about to give the "team" the benefit of my opinion in no uncertain terms. Then I though feck it, why should I care, walk away, leave them to it and as soon as something they have binned, lost, red tagged or hidden stops me doing my job then I'm off to the tea-bar until it's sorted. After undergoing the 6S process this week and seeing it in operation I really couldn't give a sh!t about the place I have worked in, and enjoyed working in, for the past 6 years. Thanks guys take a bow
I really did get quite cross at one point. Moving the fire lane was a good idea though:pDT_Xtremez_30:

That's better spleen vented satis.

Last edited:

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
I really did get quite cross at one point. Moving the fire lane was a good idea though:That's better spleen vented satis.

Holy sh1t Tb, if it is winding you up it must be evil! When you go on "stirke" in the crewroom, give me a bell - I want to see the managment's faces when you do it. By the way, where did they move the Fire Lane too - the main hangar door that is welded shut perhaps!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Used first by a Mr Smith for Motorola way back in 1986. How many times do we have to tell these idiots that this kind of thing is for BUSINESSES that make PRODUCT and PROFIT. Not for the military.

Saying that, I'm sure some Airship/Senior MOD Civvy will get a big fat well done and an MBE so never mind.

C.I. - pah what a fcuking joke.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Sussed it I now know what 6S is. It's LEAN's bitter and twisted evil twin. Today even me the mild mannered slow to anger TB (Non PC possibly but very very slow to get irate) was about to give the "team" the benefit of my opinion in no uncertain terms. Then I though feck it, why should I care, walk away, leave them to it and as soon as something they have binned, lost, red tagged or hidden stops me doing my job then I'm off to the tea-bar until it's sorted. After undergoing the 6S process this week and seeing it in operation I really couldn't give a sh!t about the place I have worked in, and enjoyed working in, for the past 6 years. Thanks guys take a bow
I really did get quite cross at one point. Moving the fire lane was a good idea though:pDT_Xtremez_30:

That's better spleen vented satis.

Thats some top ranting there Mr TB :pDT_Xtremez_28:

I await with interest the 6S event that will eventually be carried out on Area 51 with the giant airfix model. This is a custom built facility designed and laid out for the task it does, but I wonder what changes the 6S event will feel obliged to invoke to justify itself to itself.

Hu Jardon

Thats some top ranting there Mr TB :pDT_Xtremez_28:

I await with interest the 6S event that will eventually be carried out on Area 51 with the giant airfix model. This is a custom built facility designed and laid out for the task it does, but I wonder what changes the 6S event will feel obliged to invoke to justify itself to itself.
I love 6S its brill; apparently they are spending the predicted underspend resulting from the space savings generated on the Dark Side on us here over at Sleepy Hollow, we've bid for a new Donkey Sanctuary to replace the one banned in 1986 outside 510 Hangar (3 Shed) and a Dolphin Rehab Centre to replace the Goldfish Pond outside 503 (4 Shed), with global warming and the local flooding problem we reckon they'll thrive, and the Japs love 'em. So if the breeding programme succeeds as well as our former Stick Insect and Koi Carp ventures we'll have shed loads of cash in our T Bar fund . If there's any money left after that then we'll probably ask if we can have our Pitch n Putt course back:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Last edited:

Spurdog

Corporal
Marathon is now called snickers, opal fruits are now called starburst, the eu constitution is now called the lisbon treaty, now lean has been re-packaged as 6s...................same day, same old ****e.

P

POB

Marathon is now called snickers, opal fruits are now called starburst, the eu constitution is now called the lisbon treaty, now lean has been re-packaged as 6s...................same day, same old ****e.

Apparently they are being re-named...

Yup, they're going to be called "Opal Fruits!"

Is there still comparison to lean?

Hu Jardon

Apparently they are being re-named...

Yup, they're going to be called "Opal Fruits!"

Is there still comparison to lean?
No it's cos they've got an Ex RAF Orrifis in charge

By the way any chance you can bring us a couple of turtles back for our new Water Park:pDT_Xtremez_30: