• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sat Nav

W

wgaf

I'm seriously thinking of getting sat nav so have been reading some of these posts with great interest. I was thinking of a TomTom but now this nav man one sounds good. Wgaf, I have got a map too but dont like using it always worried I may cause a 10 car pileup whilst trying to read it!!!

and doing your lippy at the same time :pDT_Xtremez_06:

I'm still unsure. I think I need assurances that the extra masculinity I'll get from a new boy toy will be equivalent to or greater than that that I'm going to lose from giving up my right as a man to not ask anyone (or anything) for directions.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Umm............I went out and bought a 2007 AA road map for 4.99:pDT_Xtremez_26:

Sucker ! I paid £1.99 for mine with diesel :pDT_Xtremez_31:

However it's now redundant due to the Navman being f***ing great !!

Last edited:

Stingray

Sergeant
I gave my new Navman a test run today...plotted in a car park just off Hyde park and it got me there no bother all the way through the smoke...Very New years day'ish' going to the big fair down there...

I'm going to have to change the voice though as I've already got one female nagging me in the car...:pDT_Xtremez_31:

From this thread I'm gathering Navmans are either really popular or just plain cheap...I wouldn't know as Santa brought mine.

I have the Navman N20 and thinks its the dogs testicles.....even happier when doing a bit of shopping in Tescos I saw it in there for £110 more than Mrs Stingray bought it for!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I have a New Road Angel, as I appear to be quite Photogenic and a paparazzi magnet.

But I still use a Flat Nav.
It doesn't go haywire when you go off the selected route and you only flick it to move to the next Sector.
Updates cost up to a £5 every three or four years as the display wears out and the Case tends to drop off.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just given my Navman F20 a bashing around North Yorkshire...Once over the Humber bridge and closing on Beverley it began to struggle with the cars position putting me often way off to the left or right in fields (which I wasn't)...I stopped the car to check that somebody hadn't put an enormous flat cap on it at the bridge but it was 'clear'...Also it was holding 7 satelites at all times...

wierd...

S

Seymour Tw@tt

Hey Crystal, thats what I ended up buying :pDT_Xtremez_30: loving it so far! Just need to find a mains adapter.

Top tip: you can't use 230v in a car, so don't try putting your 3-pin plug in the cigarette lighter. You know, that little metal thingy which pops out all hot and glowing after you pushed it in to light your fags. It's got a picture of a cigarette on the front...

:pDT_Xtremez_15:

tats

Sergeant
Top tip: you can't use 230v in a car, so don't try putting your 3-pin plug in the cigarette lighter. You know, that little metal thingy which pops out all hot and glowing after you pushed it in to light your fags. It's got a picture of a cigarette on the front...

:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Thank you dearest I never knew that :pDT_Xtremez_32:

My point for wanting a mains adapter is that I wanted to have a play with it and sort stuff out before getting in my car, so being able to charge it in the house would be a lot more useful!

I haven't been on a long enough journey to fully charge the battery yet ::p:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

my dad has just sent me this e-mail:

"Playing around with Tom Tom & discovered the Norwegian for speed camera is 'Fartsboks'.

Chuckle Chuckle...."

:pDT_Xtremez_42: