• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Lyneham closing 2012

G

grumpyoldb

Call me a cynic, but..

Where are the 30-odd FSTA Airbus Tankers going to park......?

If there's no room to park them, then we'll just have to cancel them. More money saved.................oops!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Surely something coming here is better then nothing?

But then again, I live in Swindon so they'll be well out of my way! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Also heard that 2MT are too busy...thus civvy contractors will physically move everything...no self help...

More money down the swanney. Nice.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Only a year till my office moves - and still nowhere to move to?

We're hoping for a portakabin in Lechlade at the moment! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

sumps

Sergeant
We got loads of space at boscombe and a huge runway - and a couple of hercs come down to us - im sure they wont miss you!!!

G

goatblower

Only a year till my office moves - and still nowhere to move to?

We're hoping for a portakabin in Lechlade at the moment! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Mate, as long as its a portakabin with floats on you'll be OK. BTW, Benson is OK but definately not Toulouse!!!

JD

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
The sooner Lyneham closes the better. Everybody with half a brain cell sees that Project Future Brize is the way ahead. Judging by the posts from some of the "techies" from Lyneham on here it is a HFMEMS blackhole. It will be one of the first units I visit in my new role as MEMS troubleshooter.

M

Mickwreay

The sooner Lyneham closes the better. Everybody with half a brain cell sees that Project Future Brize is the way ahead. Judging by the posts from some of the "techies" from Lyneham on here it is a HFMEMS blackhole. It will be one of the first units I visit in my new role as MEMS troubleshooter.

HFMEMS, yet another system that is not being fully suppoted by the airships!!!!!

The system is being run as a “secondary duty FFS”

When will the masses realise the hierarchy only invent these systems to appease the law!

Have you ever been to a CASWOs brief & heard a room full of people ask sensible questions that involve real problems? Only to have a WO, Sqn Ldr & Wg Cdr take away to some t0sser who does not believe these things were ever said!!!!!!

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
HFMEMS, yet another system that is not being fully suppoted by the airships!!!!!

The system is being run as a “secondary duty FFS”

When will the masses realise the hierarchy only invent these systems to appease the law!

Have you ever been to a CASWOs brief & heard a room full of people ask sensible questions that involve real problems? Only to have a WO, Sqn Ldr & Wg Cdr take away to some t0sser who does not believe these things were ever said!!!!!!

You need to brush up on HFMEMS young man. I have a special powerpoint that I can email you illustrating the importance it plays in the projection of airpower. If it is a secondary duty why has a post been created at Air Command for a WO HFMEMS troubleshooter?

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You need to brush up on HFMEMS young man. I have a special powerpoint that I can email you illustrating the importance it plays in the projection of airpower. If it is a secondary duty why has a post been created at Air Command for a WO HFMEMS troubleshooter?

Because there aren't any toilets that need unblocking at the moment?

M

Mickwreay

LMFAO……….

It’s been a long time since I’ve been called “young man”

1. I am on terminal leave having completed 25 years in the RAF, reaching the dizzy heights of CT.

2. HFMEMS at RAF Lyneham is being run by a FS as a SECONDARY duty!

3. I attended a HFMEMS brief at Lyneham a couple of months ago & if you can read properly “young man” then you will realise I did not slag off HFMEMS, I just commented on the FACT that it will go the same way all other Flight Safety stuff goes, I.E. it will be championed & posters everywhere, but when the chips are down the Flying program WILL be met!

4. Before you give me the “just say NO” bull###t I have said no many many times in my career, but we all know that if you don’t tow the line, most of the time then you very quickly become an “also ran”

5. The best anyone can do is operate safely & look after you’re lads, the HFMEMS briefing I attended was all SNCOs & every one of us thought as I do, it’s just another poster campaign!

P.S. Good luck with giving up smoking!
(the kind of smoking I reckon you do, is now legal in the RAF)

Realist78

Master of my destiny
HFMEMS is being treat much the same as QCIT IMO. It is being funded/supported differently at different units whereas if the airships were serious, direction should be given not suggested.