• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR Rates

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
But a breakdown of trades may show a different picture

Yes it may well do.

From the headline figures in the linked data though, a politician (ie the one with the money) will see that the RAF has the lowest PVR rate of the 3 Services.

(there are lies, damn lies, and statistics)

If there are spikes in some areas that will have a significant impact on operational effect, I hope the relevant trade sponsors are writing some compelling requirements for FRIs.

The Nip

LAC
If there are spikes in some areas that will have a significant impact on operational effect, I hope the relevant trade sponsors are writing some compelling requirements for FRIs.[/QUOTE]

I would guess the the 'requirements' will be for continuance, as this is cheaper than FRIs.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Not that many will worry, but I have now heard from two different, but reliable sources that 37 TG17 Sgts have PVRd recently. That is significantly higher than 4% - probably higher than 10%.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not necessarily. It was the time of TELIC 1, and FRESCO, and HERRICK, and Balkans. IIRC DWR turn-around times were far shorter than those shown now.

I don't agree. Herrick didn't start ramping up properly till 2006, 2001-2006 there were a fraction of the number of people in Afghan and the Balkans were on a wind down as well.

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
I don't agree. Herrick didn't start ramping up properly till 2006, 2001-2006 there were a fraction of the number of people in Afghan and the Balkans were on a wind down as well.

I was in manning at the time. The peak in our operational deployments occurred on TELIC1 and 2. It was far more than current HERRICK. And was exacerbated by the smaller dets in the Balkans and Afghanistan. Not to mention the pain of FRESCO. The current published DWR TRTs are far better than back then.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
So every techie promotion board that has exhausted all of the psl and in some ranks all the cat A's isn't setting alarm bells ringing? Well they are thicker than a whale omelette then.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
So every techie promotion board that has exhausted all of the psl and in some ranks all the cat A's isn't setting alarm bells ringing? Well they are thicker than a whale omelette then.

Wait until 12(B) get back from Herrick, and the bombshell that will be, 'Congrats Boys and Girls, we now need you at Marham!'

A number of us are 're-evaluating' things even now.

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Wait until 12(B) get back from Herrick, and the bombshell that will be, 'Congrats Boys and Girls, we now need you at Marham!'

A number of us are 're-evaluating' things even now.

If you think about it, 3 Tornado Squadrons are going in next 24 months, that s like 300 engineers and the rest , this is what the Government want to push everyone out. Saves on lengthy pension payments. They push people out in the North of Scotland , the best place for aircraft engineers to settle , the government wins and gets thousands of ex military skilled engineers to aid the oil industry for the next 40 years

Simples