• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR Rates

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Is there anywhere we can see the current PVR rate? I remember years back there used to be a bulletin that went round the T-Bar. I ask as I am amazed at the amount of people leaving for pastures new.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I keep hearing about this enormous PVR rate/spike/surge but I have yet to see any evidence of it.... I'm sure my location can't be immune, but I haven't seen a surge for the door as yet.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
I keep hearing about this enormous PVR rate/spike/surge but I have yet to see any evidence of it.... I'm sure my location can't be immune, but I haven't seen a surge for the door as yet.

Hence I would like to see it in black and white

T

Tubby

I'm noticing that in TG1 the pvr is slightly higher than it was. What isn't really counted is the refusal of further service too. My location at RAF Black Bourton is probably a deciding factor for the increases. We have had a few C/T's leave once they have the 2 years rqd for pension, plenty of SNCO's leave post 22 and a number of juniors not wanting to extend past 9 or 12 as well as a healthy amount who have left for Marshalls. All but the Chiefs were on my shift.

Not loooking good here, do I think the RAF will be affected, not really, short term possibley but these aircraft wont be here much longer even with the constant extension so the skill fade will be minimal/short term. But this is the worst det I have been on which is why people here are p!ssed.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So its more or less at the norm then....

What would be interesting to see would be a breakdown by rank and trade....

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
When you hear rumours of promotion boards running out of techies to promote (Av SAC-Cpl board) and numbers in their hundreds (Mech Cpl - Sgt board) it does make you wonder.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Gotta fill the posts that have been made redundant....:pDT_Xtremez_42:

I seem to recall a promotion gold rush after the last round of redundancies circa 2005...

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
When you hear rumours of promotion boards running out of techies to promote (Av SAC-Cpl board) and numbers in their hundreds (Mech Cpl - Sgt board) it does make you wonder.

Pity it hasn't got to that stage at certain other ranks!!! Won't hold my breathe that they get to 81!

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I'm noticing that in TG1 the pvr is slightly higher than it was. What isn't really counted is the refusal of further service too. My location at RAF Black Bourton is probably a deciding factor for the increases. We have had a few C/T's leave once they have the 2 years rqd for pension, plenty of SNCO's leave post 22 and a number of juniors not wanting to extend past 9 or 12 as well as a healthy amount who have left for Marshalls. All but the Chiefs were on my shift.

Not loooking good here, do I think the RAF will be affected, not really, short term possibley but these aircraft wont be here much longer even with the constant extension so the skill fade will be minimal/short term. But this is the worst det I have been on which is why people here are p!ssed.

I always thought some of the best Det's were because you were p1ssed!:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
statistics

statistics

So its more or less at the norm then....

What would be interesting to see would be a breakdown by rank and trade....

Its gone up 1% from 09/10. when the rate was 2.9 so has gone up by more than 33% Which sounds more shocking/worrying.

Statistics hey...can adjust them to do what you need to.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Gotta fill the posts that have been made redundant....:pDT_Xtremez_42: I seem to recall a promotion gold rush after the last round of redundancies circa 2005...

Off Topic Same gold rush happened following the redundancies of the early 90's. Off Topic

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It would be fair to say that the current and enduring recession/period of low economic activity has been mostly a millstone around the governments neck aside from in this case where numbers had to be ruduced in the forces without causing a stampede...The pull of the outside world as your compadres have been walking out the door has been tempered by a deal of uncertainty over job security on the outside...mostly unfounded I have to say.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
From a TG1 perspective, everyone I know who has left either through redundo or PVR now has an equally good or better paid job in a diverse range of jobs. There will come a point where even the offer of promotion wont be enough to keep people in. My 22 is up next week and the drawing of my pension/first lump sum is tempting me and i cant see me being here at LOS30. coupled with the current rounds of penny pinching and witch hunts over AIP, Sadly, for me the RAF is on its ar5e and its only getting worse.
Look whats coming up, VC10 sqn to disband, Tristar Sqn to disband, 12 sqn to disband, 9 or 31 sqn probably being rebadged as 617 and them disbanding when they move down to Marhell. 5 sqn for the chop when we pull out of Afghan, Leuchars to close, JSF to look forward to.....in about 10 years and even then you'll have to be come a part time Navy bummer. no thanks.

E

enginesuck

It was fairly high on my last sqn, i believe around 30% but then its not hard to see why - in afghan this year i got a bonus of about 4k for nearly five months away, this month (my first paid) in civilian employment i will get 1.5 times that amount for 4 weeks work.

Its not all about the money granted but the accommodation is better, the hours are better and the daily living allowance (yes there are rates in civvyland) are better - no reciepts either ! I miss the banter a bit but what the hell !