• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PVR Rates

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
If you think about it, 3 Tornado Squadrons are going in next 24 months, that s like 300 engineers and the rest , this is what the Government want to push everyone out. Saves on lengthy pension payments. They push people out in the North of Scotland , the best place for aircraft engineers to settle , the government wins and gets thousands of ex military skilled engineers to aid the oil industry for the next 40 years

Simples

Very true, I'm quite sure that somewhere deep in the Governments Plans Dept is a team working on 10, 15, 20yr plans and this sort of thing has been forseen.

Unfortunately, unless you become a virtually untrackable Nomad and dissappear 'Off The Grid', you'll always have your strings pulled by the Government.

Keyser Söze

Corporal
If you think about it, 3 Tornado Squadrons are going in next 24 months, that s like 300 engineers and the rest , this is what the Government want to push everyone out. Saves on lengthy pension payments. They push people out in the North of Scotland , the best place for aircraft engineers to settle , the government wins and gets thousands of ex military skilled engineers to aid the oil industry for the next 40 years

Simples

Very true, I'm quite sure that somewhere deep in the Governments Plans Dept is a team working on 10, 15, 20yr plans and this sort of thing has been forseen.

Unfortunately, unless you become a virtually untrackable Nomad and dissappear 'Off The Grid', you'll always have your strings pulled by the Government.

2 very good points here. The uk government don't give a hoot about HM Forces but they do recognise the skills they possess, and therefore the gov' will be very happy if these guys go to work in UK plc in the N'Sea. Of course this could go to rats if the same guys then decide to work tax free abroad somewhere....;0). I think this country is gonna be bumping around the recession mark for quite some years to come yet! At a guess another 10 yrs.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Aww bless, you think there`s a plan. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Nobody tell him about Santa or the toothfairy, it`ll break his heart.