• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Public Sector Pension Ruling and the Armed Forces

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Because EVERYBODY is affected together, there is no longer any discrimination.

I understand that this is the crux of the discrimination. But rumblings on the shop floor that the magic date of Apr 22 is not correct and some will still be affected.

I have no figures/dates to evidence this, just duty rumour. I was asking if anybody had heard this too.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Unlike when we went to 15, which was age discriminated, ie those within 10 years of normal pension age could stay on 75, EVERYONE will go to 15 in 22 so no age discrimination involved.

unruly1986

Sergeant
Here’s a question: what happens to any AVC (added bought pension) that was purchased during the period 2015-current, if I plan to go back to AFPS05?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Armed Forces Pension Society or a proper financial advisor would be the way to go methinks!!!

Last edited:

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Here’s a question: what happens to any AVC (added bought pension) that was purchased during the period 2015-current, if I plan to go back to AFPS05?
The consultation document confirmed that any added value would be reflected if the individual moved scheme.

unruly1986

Sergeant
The consultation document confirmed that any added value would be reflected if the individual moved scheme.
Thanks - does that mean if I ‘moved scheme’ to AFPS15 in 2015, I’ll get the AVC?

What if I decide to go to AFPS05 for the period 15-22?

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
The consultation document said that you would not be seen off if you had purchased something in one scheme that was not in another so Added Pension in AFPS 15 is not a feature of AFPS 05 or AFPS 75, and Added Years is not a feature of AFPS 15 but is in the other two. You will need to wait for the MOD detailed plans (that is what we are waiting for) and base your decision on that.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have just received my Feb 2021 edition of the AFPS quarterly digest which includes an article on the McCloud update. Sadly due to my meagre IT skills I have been unable to find an electronic copy of the digest and the article.

But I have found this
and this

I don't know if this shines any light on the issue I could well be on the wrong track .

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Vauxhall, is there a date in mind for the online calculator that you know? Seems odd they weren’t ready for what was a 2 horse race!

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
If you are in the group specified in the announcement they will contact you at some point with options and figures to help you decide.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
The annual Pension forecast you can request. (Form 12 off the top of my head)

If I put it in today would it be done with the new info with regards to going back to AFSP75 or still the old 75/15 mix?

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
The consultation document said that the value would be credited if you transferred back to your 'old' scheme. When the time comes to decide, you will be given figures to help you.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Just had a note to check the UK CPI Rate for April 2021 via the ONS.
Currently just a big leap up to 1.5%.
Hope it's going in the right direction for September's figure...