• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Public Sector Pension Ruling and the Armed Forces

montheton

LAC
Couldn't they release the calculator with the caveat that it is only reliable for service personnel with an average career.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Couldn't they release the calculator with the caveat that it is only reliable for service personnel with an average career.
Not a meridian career or a mean career just a simple average. The staffing levels needed and time required to deferentiate and define the average from other metrics of measure OMG!!

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
Resurrection time…….just had a news letter through stating there is another consultation needed for veterans pension decision. Thought we already had this? Getting stupid now, false promises after false promises for calculators and resolution dates. Can’t see them making the dates stated this year either!

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Read the article on the FPS site, if you’re on about the 12 week consultation period. It’s the second and final one.
It’s part of the process and won’t affect anything, date wise.
If you are expecting a line in the sand date it’s already there, it’s worst case October 2023+18 months. It’s written in law now, and is generous for the MOD.
Remember, it covers the country’s judges, so it will happen by that date.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
They've updated the pension calculator to the new Apr 23 pay scales, there's also some other calculations been added as it gives a bigger boost than i was expecting.

Don't get too excited! Because the new scales hadn't been added to the previous calculator, i selected a higher pay scale to reflect what we are on after the pay rise. Now the rise has been added to the calculator, i ran it with my correct pay scale and the figures have come back at around an extra £4k on the lump sum and £1k per year on the pensions for me.