• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Premier Mountain Site?

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I heard a rumour that Alice is no longer the premier site after the Byron Boys did a raid a couple of months ago and pinched their sign.

Just a rumour of course - there are no photographs to prove it.:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Attachments

• byron.jpg
    byron.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
I heard a rumour that Alice is no longer the premier site after the Byron Boys did a raid a couple of months ago and pinched their sign.

Good steal, split loyalties here as I've done both sites.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer

Good steal indeed, I would love to know how they pulled that one off. Done both as well, though no split loyalties in my case....

....Byron Boys are on the p!ss again!!!!!

F

Fubar

Mount Kent - Waaayyyy before any road was built. It was the BV bus, or Eric for a lift.

KentSticker.jpg

Fubar

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
oi

oi

HILL Kent - Waaayyyy before any road was built. It was the BV bus, or Eric for a lift.Or you could walk up?

KentSticker.jpg

Fubar

IT IS NOT A MOUNTAIN so it doesn't count, although there is another reason it doesn't count now I believe.?

F

Fubar

By your rules we've built an airport on the side of a MOUNTAIN, hardly a ferking clever idea, is it!

Gayers the lot of you (unless you have been to Bryon!)
I don't recall making any rules. I just posted an old sticker from Mt Kent and a map of the Falklands.

If you take things literally, do you believe that there's no-one at No Man's Land, there are Foxes at Fox Bay East (and West), Volunteers at Volunteer Point and two sisters at Two Sisters?

Clearly you are the gayer as you admit to having been to Bryon.

Jeez!
Fubar

Last edited:
N

NotAnIDOYet

Anyway you gayers, get the feck out of a scopie forum;

Surely there is one for Techie Bummers?

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Anyway you gayers, get the feck out of a scopie forum;

Surely there is one for Techie Bummers?

It is indeed the scopie forum, but the question was Premier Mountain site and let's be fair techies know best (Det commander and 2 I/C) :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Anyway by a previous post I can discount myself as a bummer (done the Byron tour)

All said with tongue in cheek so lets not start bitching, Techies and Scopies get on well enough when we're down Saarf.

Quite looking forward to my next trip (please not Kent).

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Come on Fellas any Mountain Site has got to better than the shoite hole they call Mount Pleasant, and therse nowt pleasant about it, who the hell would want to go there. Longest time on my tour waiting 24 hours for the gozomee bird

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Come on Fellas any Mountain Site has got to better than the shoite hole they call Mount Pleasant, and therse nowt pleasant about it, who the hell would want to go there. Longest time on my tour waiting 24 hours for the gozomee bird

Agreed, I avoid the place like the plague. Spent 2 days there waiting for the kite to fly me home, wouldn't have been so bad but it was the 22nd an 23rd of December.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Of all the places to go Pleasant is not one of them. Rather be on a mountain/hill than that shoite hole, more like Beirut than a British Military Camp, fecking Army ruin all they Command.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You lot just don't know your mountains from your mountains! The ONLY site has ever been and always will be: OLY!

Ping

Incoming::p:

Mad Pierre

Corporal
Good point, Byron, Kent and Alice are never really more than biggish hills are they?
Oly though, while officially a real mountain, is never going to be more than Akrotiris occaisional snow dome.

Back in the late 80's when Pleasant had only just opened I got lucky to spend 3 days touring FI by heli taxi to do some techie stuff. Kent was the best by far back then, it wasn't enclosed, looked and felt like an episode of M*A*S*H but with isolated cabins in place of tents and JAFADs & Scopies in place of retarded American actors. The atmosphere on the whole camp was the best I'd experienced on the whole of FI.
Having to go outside to the ablutions cabin for that 3am pee in the freezing FI summer night just enhanced the whole experience.

F

Fubar

Good memory Mad Pierre. I was on Kent in 1985-86 and it was just as you describe.

Ah, happy daze.

Fubar

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Good point, Byron, Kent and Alice are never really more than biggish hills are they?
Oly though, while officially a real mountain, is never going to be more than Akrotiris occaisional snow dome.

Back in the late 80's when Pleasant had only just opened I got lucky to spend 3 days touring FI by heli taxi to do some techie stuff. Kent was the best by far back then, it wasn't enclosed, looked and felt like an episode of M*A*S*H but with isolated cabins in place of tents and JAFADs & Scopies in place of retarded American actors. The atmosphere on the whole camp was the best I'd experienced on the whole of FI.
Having to go outside to the ablutions cabin for that 3am pee in the freezing FI summer night just enhanced the whole experience.

MP - you forget the poor AFs that also made up half of the techies shift on Kent! Not just Jaf's keeping you awake in the anvil!

I

I`m Spartacus

Did IT Cell at MPA and got to fly/drive about on jobs to various places. All of them were palaces compared to some of the other sites the poor pongo`s had to go to.
ReBro stations(read also 2 ISO containers on a ridge) like Bomilla and Onion. If I got the choice, I`d choose Byron.

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Had to give a nod to the Byron boys after looking after me on several occassions after being invited up to partake in a few socials.

As for the raid on Alice, twas a touch of class especially their announcing the deed on BFBS a couple of hours later.