• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Premier Mountain Site?

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
I went to Mount Alice ... she wouldn't let me (well, the old ones are the best ones!)

Mount Kent for me ... all the advantages of a mountain site but the convenience of having a road off of it!

Mind you, not been down since '93 :cool: so I dare say things have changed.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Spotted a common thread here!!

Keep the scopies away from civilization ie Mount Alice, Kent, Troodos and not forgetting ADNC, Boulmer and Neat.

3 fingered tractor driving trade :D :D

F

Fablon biff chit

I only went to Mt Alice once, but I loved it!

Beats living with the rat race at MPA

O

oldhamboy1967

SirSaltyHelmet said:
Spotted a common thread here!!

Keep the scopies away from civilization ie Mount Alice, Kent, Troodos and not forgetting ADNC, Boulmer and Neat.

3 fingered tractor driving trade :D :D

But as compensation we have a FS slot in Malaysia and a new one being established in the US. :cool: We just need more... :(

tourettes

Corporal
Got to agree with Drill Instructor. Mt Kent is far the best site as it has the advantage of being able to shoot down to Stanley for a night on the razz, be still my beating heart the excitement of a night in Stanley

A

adenuf

:pDT_Xtremez_32:

I would like to put forward that Mt Alice is the best of all 3 sites.
having spent a month at all 3 as well as a month at griffin
Mt Kent was good for nights out as previously stated you can go into stanley on the raz and the accomadation is excellent with great views. The one draw back is the road as every tom, dick and harry comes up for a visit and its just gets on your tits.
Byron heights well the less said the better.
Mt Alice, Great attmosphere, brilliant facilities and it boasts the most south easterly RED phone box in the world. (which I repainted on my tour)

At Mt Alice 1986, Byron Heights 2001. Have to say both great at those times. Kent questionable - e.g. whilst visiting there 2001, saw close-in photos of somebody holding a chocolate covered peeled banana ivo of a human butt! And visitors at meal times were relegated to a naughty / Coventry table away from the main dining area - you're welcome, not!
And as for MPA! All that bowling, boozing, bimbling - how does any work get done?

S

Scots-scopie

Has to be Byron...spent my whole tour there and loved it
if i was ever to go back it would have to be the premier mountain site

D

dodgysootie

Went to one of them mounts with the Stranglers in 97 as a "roadie", very personal Gig, one memory I will always cherish. ( cant remember which one, due to the copious amounts of *****), fantastic...............OOPS 78!!!!!!

Stingray

Sergeant
I done Alice in 93 and Byron in 97. Had fantastic times at both places but have to admit that while I have a soft spot for Alice, Byron kicked ass. Plus we had the sauna which Alice didnt have back in 93.
CSE shows were fab at both sites, squeeky knob cheese Joe Pasquale at Alice with a very lil known Sinnita who really hated me!!!! The Stranglers at Byron who were awesome ............ Plus a certain burd from Grange Hill in the dance troupe who I will always remember.......

Attachments

• Samantha_Lewis.jpg
    Samantha_Lewis.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0

Stingray

Sergeant
I believe the bird from Grange Hills characters name was Georgina..........
(v sad I know)

Nope its not sad.......i used to play rugby with Rolaaaaaand so had a vested interest in Grange Hill. Especially when Rolaaaaand gets beaten up ...... as he did every game.......by his own team!!!!!!!

mmmmmmm....maybe a new thread......fave Grange Hill babes..........

B

Bingo

All the people on this thread who are stating their views on which site they believe is the Premiere Mountiain Site are lacking one important piece of information, namely that the Mountain Sites have always had their associated nicknames.

Mount Alice has always been known as the 'Premiere Mountain Site', and Byron Heights called 'The Sunshine Mountain'. Not sure what nickname Mt Kent had (if it ever had one, because it is not really considered a 'true' mountain as it has a road to Stanley/MPA).

Anyone who has served at Mt Alice, as I have, would know that their nickname is 'The Premiere Mountain Site' as not only do they have a large welcoming sign stating as much, they also use it on stationery such as Fax Headers, memos etc.

I am sure that anyone who had served at Byron Heights would take offence at being labelled the Premier Site, as the people at Mt Alice would equally not want to be labelled the Sunshine Mountain.

So, I am afraid the starter of this thread was in fact making a statement, not starting a discussion.

Stingray

Sergeant
All the people on this thread who are stating their views on which site they believe is the Premiere Mountiain Site are lacking one important piece of information, namely that the Mountain Sites have always had their associated nicknames.

Mount Alice has always been known as the 'Premiere Mountain Site', and Byron Heights called 'The Sunshine Mountain'. Not sure what nickname Mt Kent had (if it ever had one, because it is not really considered a 'true' mountain as it has a road to Stanley/MPA).

Anyone who has served at Mt Alice, as I have, would know that their nickname is 'The Premiere Mountain Site' as not only do they have a large welcoming sign stating as much, they also use it on stationery such as Fax Headers, memos etc.

I am sure that anyone who had served at Byron Heights would take offence at being labelled the Premier Site, as the people at Mt Alice would equally not want to be labelled the Sunshine Mountain.

So, I am afraid the starter of this thread was in fact making a statement, not starting a discussion.

Well I think the thread is ok and i don't care if it is a statement or a discussion. Thanks for your input though Bingo. Now if you have any input as to what you think is the best mountain site down the FI's be sure to let us all know with your reasons why.