• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Premier Mountain Site?

norfolkred1

Sergeant
Isn't Kent just "Stanley on the hill"

Before 'the road' was built the BV was king.
The sad part about Kent was the fact you could see Stanley but getting there was another thing. Premier Mountain site!:pDT_Xtremez_09: what about Troodos or are we stuck to one continent or was it before most of your times.........Then again no doubt was the Mt Kent road or as it was ' Puffin Radar'

N

NotAnIDOYet

On a technicality Byron wins, being the only true mountain (over 1000 ft high) site in the FI.

B

Bingo

On a technicality Byron wins, being the only true mountain (over 1000 ft high) site in the FI.

The only true Mountain? Thats quite ironic as it is the only one that isn't even called a Mount! (Mount Alice, Mount Kent, Byron Heights!)

Alice rocks!

norfolkred1

Sergeant
We seem to be talking about a love for the devils island here, amazing how we all suddenly shudder when the PWR comes in though.
Next we will talking about the best place we were shot at Helmand or Iraq.
Falklands is like Alnwick, OK for a day visit

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Isn't Kent just "Stanley on the hill"

It might be now - but in the "good old days" with no road - and just a BV (if it wasn't stuck half way down awaiting a heliop to lift it to the top after stripping off another track...) I can recall being stuck on the top in "weather" unable to get any food (or tinnies...) up the hill by heliop as ther "weather" was so bad... Ended up eating our way thru the compo stock for over a week. Then when we did eventually get a chinook in when things calmed down - the fcuking loadie had left our mail in the frigging bog! WTF was he doing in the friggin bog with our mail!!!!!!

BTW - as a shettie - it was just like going home! :)

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
We seem to be talking about a love for the devils island here, amazing how we all suddenly shudder when the PWR comes in though.
Next we will talking about the best place we were shot at Helmand or Iraq.
Falklands is like Alnwick, OK for a day visit

True, However I would rather do the rat race at MPA next time around having done both West Falklands sites, though any Falklands DWR is better than doing the sandpits where you get shot at (done a bit of both that is (time in a sandpit and getting shot at (the explosions being in NI), and cannot say that I enjoyed either). A mountain defined as a peak 1600 ft above sea level, Alice is a mountain (just), Byron Heights is almost 2000 feet at the peak, and Kent is just a big hill.

Studley dangerfcuk

Flight Sergeant
I have been to all three in the last few months and I think that all have they're good sides and bad sides. Everyone of them is better than MPA.

Studley :pDT_Xtremez_28:

T93

Sergeant
Troodos

Troodos

Whats wrong with you gadgies?. Have you all forgotten the little island in the Med?

Do remember getting popped at in NI at BC though...not fun!

Not a Scopie though, just an old techie.

Bring back the cold war.

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
I was RADARcounter at Alice in 97 and I had a bloody brilliant time. It's not down to the place it's down to the people and Alice had the very best.
Thank you!
Now where's the frozen chicken?

3Chordwonder

I hated my 4 months at MPA in 2002 - absolute toilet bowl in all aspects.

I did Alice last year and enjoyed it far better. No Neadethals lurking in the bar or accomodation stinking of s****

chumpzilla

Sergeant
was at mpa ground radio jul 05, boys invited me up for a "wine and cheese" party, had a really good time up there, was jealous of the radar boys for their work hard, play hard ethic, as oppose to the Army rules (close down any bar with a smidgen of morale). Like my mate said, on his leaving do in front of mass of 3 services, "it's been emotional, Fcuk the army!" LEGEND!:pDT_Xtremez_06: ::p:

A

Ausman

I did 2x4 month tours at Alice, 91 & 96 great times and great people. Work - Pi**ed - Fishing ... and a Tan.