• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OP ELLAMY Gong

nanaman

LAC
update on mine, sent an email to my old sqn asking what the situation is and the admin person deleted before reading it. Anyone got a ref for the din as i cant find it

I dunno how but my sqn got hold of them. Might be worth a ring to your old gaff and pose the question. We talking fast jet sqn ?

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
update on mine, sent an email to my old sqn asking what the situation is and the admin person deleted before reading it. Anyone got a ref for the din as i cant find it
It's DIN 09-20. NO INTRANET LINKS, YOU ARE AWARE OF THE SITE RULES (Intranet only)

Last edited by a moderator:

sulky

SAC
I dunno how but my sqn got hold of them. Might be worth a ring to your old gaff and pose the question. We talking fast jet sqn ?
yeah mate the new-ish plastic ones
It's DIN 09-20. XXXX(Intranet only)
ok cool couldnt find that for some reason, so myself and one other guy i work with in are both eligable...now just have to find out how to get a hold of one

Last edited by a moderator:

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Oh it sounds terrible. Aww away from home. I'm welling up. You deserve a pointless medal. Oh you're getting one. Get to afghan you no mark bellend

Does that chip on you shoulder affect your balance?

Those that deployed on ELLAMY (and those that supported from UK) did an excellent job. No it isn't Afghan; but, then again, hanging out at the board-walk in KAF is hardly the same as patrolling in NES-N. There really is no need to keep rolling out how 'special' Afghan is.

HM the Queen has agreed that the medal can be worn by UK personnel, so get over it.

Does that chip on you shoulder affect your balance?

Those that deployed on ELLAMY (and those that supported from UK) did an excellent job. No it isn't Afghan; but, then again, hanging out at the board-walk in KAF is hardly the same as patrolling in NES-N. There really is no need to keep rolling out how 'special' Afghan is.

HM the Queen has agreed that the medal can be worn by UK personnel, so get over it.

Nice one and well put!

I, for one, will be looking forward adding this one to my busy collection of bling and will take pleasure letting it sparkle to a few tour-dodging contemporaries at functions.

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
I don't think NATO medals sparkle (I only have the ISAF medal - which can't be worn; but, I think they are all the same metal).

Just a word of warning (to avoid being punched at the bar) a lack of medals doesn't necessarily indicate tour-dodging - the other chap/chapess may have done numerous tours of Falklands or Gulf with no medalic recognition.

B

bluetonic

Absolute disaster, i nearly cried. I didn't like the sound of Ellamy though..

and i'm used to roughing it on Rotary..

lol!

I don't think NATO medals sparkle (I only have the ISAF medal - which can't be worn; but, I think they are all the same metal).

Just a word of warning (to avoid being punched at the bar) a lack of medals doesn't necessarily indicate tour-dodging - the other chap/chapess may have done numerous tours of Falklands or Gulf with no medalic recognition.

True and I appreciate being kindly reminded that I was denied a gong for Op TELIC despite spending almost a year in Qatar with the Goldstars.

Last edited:
Oh it sounds terrible. Aww away from home. I'm welling up. You deserve a pointless medal. Oh you're getting one. Get to afghan you no mark bellend

I was on Ellamy and I've been to Afghan. What's your point nobhead? I bet you're one of them cocks who do 2 month in KAF and think they're absolute legends.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was on Ellamy and I've been to Afghan. What's your point nobhead? I bet you're one of them cocks who do 2 month in KAF and think they're absolute legends.

So you know S2 then? You'll also know his entire Sqn laughs at him to his face and the AMMs mug him off royally....

Last edited:

daron1978

LAC
Although took a while to finally award the gong i think it is the correct decision and fully justified. I spent 3 months in Gioa, eating the crap lunches, crap dry 5hr old hotel food during the 14 hr days. Once the cooks turned up the food was better and a god send. 99.9% of the squadron had the squirts and sickness in the first few weeks. Ok it wasn't under IDFs however the Italian driving was up there. And b4 any one moans i have deployed to Iraq 2x, including the 07 rocket tour....and afghan 2x and 3rd tour next May. I worked harder and longer in Gioa then i did in Iraq or Afghan, however they were much more nerve racking tours then Ellamy. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I've just been on ARRSE and they are foaming at the mouth over there about this medal. It's quite funny some of the misinformed nonsense that's written about the RAF on that site.

like most of our Brown Jobs musings on such things merely put the words 'A load of' in front of that particular site.

There are a hell of alot of Walter Mitty style SF REMF's on that site who really boil my ****.