• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Heathrow Runway and MP suspended

New Heathrow Runway and MP suspended

• Yes

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
E

elnino

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jan/15/heathrow

Nice to see that there is one Labour MP prepared to make a stand on behalf of his constituency. Rightly or wrongly. At least he cares.

I personally think 3 Runways is excessive with the already dilapadated airport and numbers of flights, passengers and traffic that pass through.

Thoughts...
All the terminals are being upgraded over next few years so passenger numbers and movements more than likely to increase therefor good case for third runway i think.

E

elnino

How about taking a leaf out of our Oriental friends' books and build a totally new, purpose built airport in the Thames Estuary from reclaimed land, which could have a high speed rail link to Kings Cross, Euston and Waterloo, and close Heathrow for ever?

Bl00dy good point!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

uber pikey

Sergeant
What a boring subject to talk about, if this was a real crew room I would pi$$ on you, now did I tell you all about the 15:44 from wichchurch to craptoss station....

G

gemarriott

What a boring subject to talk about, if this was a real crew room I would pi$$ on you, now did I tell you all about the 15:44 from wichchurch to craptoss station....

I see the non smoking is still going well then!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Why not spread some of the tax payers cash around the country and expand on regional airports.
There's nothing worse than choosing a holiday and then finding you've got to drive for between 3 to 6 hours to get to the airport. By the time you've paid for your fuel, driven and then stopped for the obligatory pish break and Burger King and then arrived and paid for your parking at the airport you've spent £200 before you know it!
I'm sick to the back teeth of money being spent for the benefit of London, and to a certain extent the other major cities.
The rest of the country seems to get ignored.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Why not spread some of the tax payers cash around the country and expand on regional airports.
There's nothing worse than choosing a holiday and then finding you've got to drive for between 3 to 6 hours to get to the airport. By the time you've paid for your fuel, driven and then stopped for the obligatory pish break and Burger King and then arrived and paid for your parking at the airport you've spent £200 before you know it!
I'm sick to the back teeth of money being spent for the benefit of London, and to a certain extent the other major cities.
The rest of the country seems to get ignored.

Fcuk the provincial country bumpkins.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
As usual the government and commerce can't see beyond the ends of their noses with respect to sharing the wealth around our country...Why do we have to shoehorn more and more into the South East of the country...Why not expand one of the Midlands airports and improve road and raillinks?

Got it in one.
I used to live next to Heathrow (Ashford) and still work fairly close to it.
Why shove everything into the south east of the country? The area is blighted by this behemoth and I'm pretty sure that congestion charging will be introduced to Heathrow and its surrounding area soon.

paramole

SAC
there are plenty of airports that can be expanded throught the uk, if this was done then there would end up being less traffic going to the few major airports. people would then have somewhere local to fly from as the air lines would have better longer runways, this would mean larger more fuel efficent aircraft. i do agree the facilities do need a major upgrade though

P

pie sandwich

I do agree with improving the regional airports. So I say bomb the third runway I have been doing it for ten minutes so far

CLICKY

Sergeant
i dont give a flying fcuk about the new runway i live up north, and i would never fly out of heathrow anyway. southern twtas would not be up in arms if it was manchester.