• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lossie and Kinloss look set to close

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They should have had it in the rugby club...It's cheaper.

T

The_ViCe

Landlord at the Abbey contacted to host sky news and angus robertson MP. unless sky news are just covering their angles, it looks bad. I would imagine they have been invited by the MP, he may well have been given the heads up.

T

The_ViCe

BBC is now reporting that the Ark Royal is to be scrapped early, and that the Harriers are to be scrapped saving some tornado Sqds. Also that Kinloss and lossiemouth could close.

G

grumpyoldb

BBC is now reporting that the Ark Royal is to be scrapped early, and that the Harriers are to be scrapped saving some tornado Sqds. Also that Kinloss and lossiemouth could close.

I like this bit................................

"But the Financial Times reports that Mr Cameron will also say spending will double on alleviating poverty in areas of conflict - such as Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia - to £4bn by 2015"

I thought we needed to get our priorities right..............? :pDT_Xtremez_25:

G

gremlin

i can confirm that there is 4 or 5 big wigs due to fly into kinloss to confirm the base are staying open (really) all that way to tell us that dont think so. but if they wanted to save money tell them big wigs get a hire car like we have to. i can honestly say things look bad for moray/grampian area. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
All front line fighter and hels stations will close. The Navy will get their new carriers and they will permanently cruise around the British Isles. We will then use the carriers as our new bases. And the beauty of having floating bases is that we will all get a chance to get a home posting. This week the carrier will be called HMS Yorkshire, next week HMS Northumberland etc.

And before anyone says the carrier is not long enough for a Tonka to land on, why do you think they are getting two? Parked end to end with a plank across the middle, should be a piece of cake!
:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Top class that. Worthy of a GEMS submission.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Indeed todays FEB is tomorrows absent cash cow ho hum.

Indeed.

As a FEB who suffered racist abuse from his scottish neighbour, my heart bleeds purple p!ss for the poor folk of Moray as they contemplate life without all those FEBs spending money in their grotty little towns.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
i can confirm that there is 4 or 5 big wigs due to fly into kinloss to confirm the base are staying open (really) all that way to tell us that dont think so. but if they wanted to save money tell them big wigs get a hire car like we have to. i can honestly say things look bad for moray/grampian area. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Big-wigs dont visit to wish you Happy Holidays - we found that out last December when AOC 1Gp suddenly turned up at Cottesmore to tell us we're doomed.

M

Mothballed

Scrap Harrier to pay for the new carriers. Does anyone else see a bit of a hole in this plan?

raflad67

Corporal
I have it on good authority that they are just gonna gather everyone in the hangars and play a recording of Private Frazer from Dad's Army:

"we're doomed"

(constantly until the bases close their gates)

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It makes sense when you understand that they did not start form a level playing ground, with 38 Billion of over-committment outstanding - of which 2 were carriers that it was more economical to complete and not put into permenant service, than to scrap entirely (like the TSR2 wasn't)

raflad67

Corporal
It makes sense when you understand that they did not start form a level playing ground, with 38 Billion of over-committment outstanding - of which 2 were carriers that it was more economical to complete and not put into permenant service, than to scrap entirely (like the TSR2 wasn't)

Agreed it makes sense to build then sell on but what about the capability gap?

K

kis

very good authority that lossie will get the "news" first at around 1500. Better news heading towards kinloss....its amazing what my big ears pick up whilst hanging around the bosses office!!