• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lossie and Kinloss look set to close

G

grumpyoldb

So we stop the harriers flying now after a big upgrade, we build an extra carrier that we dont need, and we give a shedload of extra cash to Pakistan...............

Who could we sell the extra carrier to? We could even throw in a few upgraded harriers to sweeten the deal!

It all makes sense now! :pDT_Xtremez_40:

Allflapnofly

Corporal
"English go home" shout the SNP

Be careful what you wish for !!

Maybe they should relocate the Scottish Parliament to the Officer's Mess at Kinloss?

Then convert Holyrood into a giant Wetherspoons pub....Where it would enjoy much more use - and there would be much more sensible political debate and reasoning from its customers.....

S

SHOFAC

Maybe they should relocate the Scottish Parliament to the Officer's Mess at Kinloss?

Then convert Holyrood into a giant Wetherspoons pub....Where it would enjoy much more use - and there would be much more sensible political debate and reasoning from its customers.....

Never a truer word in jest and all that!

Anything confirmed for Lossie yet?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
"SNP Westminster leader Angus Robertson says personnel at RAF Kinloss and RAF Lossiemouth will be fearing for their future. Mr Cameron says the government is not announcing base closures, adding that they can be used for other purposes, particularly with UK troops returning from Germany."

Bit spineless if you ask me.

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
Never a truer word in jest and all that!

Anything confirmed for Lossie yet?
Lossie still isn't safe, the tornado fleet will be cut back as F35 comes in so it'll be either Lossie or Marham fighting it out for the F35s... haven't heard anything on numbers for them yet though!

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
I'm only a thick ex-plumber but can anyone explain how reducing the manpower in the forces by 17k tackle our forces being overstretched,unless our allies are taking up the slack for us?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Apparently ISK to be run down by Easter...Not long to sort things out but it does match up with what I heard during my time in Bristol a while back from people who had been working on the SDSR that some of it was going to be quick and dirty...

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
Apparently ISK to be run down by Easter...Not long to sort things out but it does match up with what I heard during my time in Bristol a while back from people who had been working on the SDSR that some of it was going to be quick and dirty...
We were told no time frame for the closure...... April next year is a good bet though so it's gone before the new financial year begins....

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We were told no time frame for the closure...... April next year is a good bet though so it's gone before the new financial year begins....

Whats the mood like up there this evening? Is everyone hitting the bars?

Allflapnofly

Corporal

'Quick and Dirty'......That's the way they do it.

No time for protest, debate or public uproar....

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
Whats the mood like up there this evening? Is everyone hitting the bars?
Shocked really... bars always an option for later.
Didn't help that it was leaked a couple of hours before we were told what was going on, has to be said the C in C and Stn Cdr were'nt impressed with that. AOC visiting tomorrow but i doubt we'll find anything out of any substance for a few weeks.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Shocked really... bars always an option for later.
Didn't help that it was leaked a couple of hours before we were told what was going on, has to be said the C in C and Stn Cdr were'nt impressed with that. AOC visiting tomorrow but i doubt we'll find anything out of any substance for a few weeks.

I think there is about 450 AEOps in the system (I talk in old money)...lets say that with the cancellation of MRA4 we now need 250 less (some of us are employed elsewhere like Sentry, SAR, 51, ASTOR, Doms and ground tours) then the wage bill for those 250 is £11,250,000 per year based on an average wage of £45k (Some of the younger lads are on less but some of the older ones are on a deal more so I chose some financial middle ground for easy math) then as a government wouldn't you be looking at getting rid of them ASAP since there isn't really any other option for them?

Lets just say they offered each of them £30K to poke off sharpish that would be a one off payment of £7.5 million which is a steal against the earlier figure! Otherwise they will just sit tight improving their golf swing and counting the bucks as one thing we aint is stupid...

Vim_Fuego -you're too stupid to be one of them

Vim_Fuego -you're too stupid to be one of them

I don't think you're an aep, or whatever they are. £30k!!
Whatever happens to them guys they'll be looked at as a whole trade, so wherever they are based they will be looked at for the heave, then it's natural wastage, no recruitment and early retirement, not just Kinloss because there is likely to be dead wood on the planes you've mentioned that could be replaced by some of the good ones from up there.
At Halton the parade ground is quiet and getting quieter, it started a couple of months ago for ALL trades.

B

Bucc Boy

Today is a very sad and demoralising day for all those who have, are and will serve our Queen and country from within the Royal Air Force.

Camps I've served at, jets I've worked on and mates I've worked with........all heading for the scrap heap.

Civvy Street is not the welcoming employer it used to be, so it may be worth hanging on in there for as long as you can.......£30K - £40K is a dam good wage out here, and you have to earn it, if you can get it in the first place! Networking, internal promotions and a recession may leave you frustrated for a long time.