• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest Upgrade Problems List

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I thought I would put this up here so that you can report all the niggles and stuff that have appeared since the update. However, the forum width and stuff will be changing over the next few days which should cure a lot of snags.

So rather than PM me please post your problems here. Also, If I cure your problem then can you add a red line to your post stating that it has been solved.....just in case I cure it while working on the site and don't realise.

Something like

Sorted

M

monobrow

Front page takes a long time to load...

On firefox 3.5 it generates all the left hand side boxes up to the Ventrilo status box, pauses for a good few seconds, then all comes into play. On IE 6, it just looks at the background for about the same time then all displayed.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I am using Opera as my browser. No niggles as yet and the site loads speedily. If I notice anything unusual with opera, I'll flag it up.

Cheers.

TW

G

grumpyoldb

Front page takes a long time to load...

On firefox 3.5 it generates all the left hand side boxes up to the Ventrilo status box, pauses for a good few seconds, then all comes into play. On IE 6, it just looks at the background for about the same time then all displayed.

Mono, I'm on firefox 3.5 and mine loads just fine. I regularly had problems with it timing out before Wobbly did this update.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Using Firefox 3.5

Index page has got the St Dunstan's photo on 2 layers.

Now working OK.

dunstans.jpg

Last edited:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A bit of a wobble with opera. If anyone can remind me how to make a screen shot, I can post what I am seeing.

TW

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Erm, there are some weird things happening. In the Not Happy thread, Grumpy Old B's post is there, but his profile has changed to Monty Plumbs profile. (or is it just the beer?)

TW

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Okay, I've changed a few things so please see if you're having the same probs.

Things to do now are

Get the navbar back up....the bugger's gone and done one somewhere!!!

Get the photo gallery thingy and chat box back up.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Erm, there are some weird things happening. In the Not Happy thread, Grumpy Old B's post is there, but his profile has changed to Monty Plumbs profile. (or is it just the beer?)

TW

Okay, I've changed a few things so please see if you're having the same probs.

Things to do now are

Get the navbar back up....the bugger's gone and done one somewhere!!!

Get the photo gallery thingy and chat box back up.

I think its the beer as far as MP and GOldB are concerned.

But the nav bar is okay.

TW

G

grumpyoldb

I think its the beer as far as MP and GOldB are concerned.

But the nav bar is okay.

TW

Cheeky sod. I've only had two...............! :pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_31:

On another problem, my goat pages have suddenly gone oversize by about 15% so I'm having to use the slider at the bottom to read from left to right.
Does anyone please know how to reduce the page size?

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
On another problem, my goat pages have suddenly gone oversize by about 15% so I'm having to use the slider at the bottom to read from left to right.
Does anyone please know how to reduce the page size?

Weird. Mine have gone undersize and don't adopt the full width of the screen, I'm running at 1280 x 960 res.

G

grumpyoldb

Weird. Mine have gone undersize and don't adopt the full width of the screen, I'm running at 1280 x 960 res.

Which browser are you using?

I've just changed my resolution to 1152x864 and that has cured it on here. I now need to see how other websites appear.
I'll be back shortly. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

@rrse is displaying OK, but pprune is now slightly undersize. No matter.
I can live with it. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its supposed to be thinner. What do you mean by undersize?

Well, I suppose that we mean it's thinner as opposed to undersized. It will take a bit of getting used to tbh, but I can see the trade off!!!

TW