• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Ukraine about to get messy?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I reckon Putin has got a terminal illness that will kill him in the next 6 months or so and has decided to go out with a bang, a fúck!ng big bang.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I know theres talk about visas for Ukraine nationals coming to UK, but the current refugee process would probably be better for them whilst we know whats going to happen in the long term.

For me we need to start getting supplies into those trapped in the country and support Poland look after the people who have arrived there in the past few days.

Quite surprised the Russians dont have air superiority yet, did we donate some SAMs as well?

Expect its a busy time for our super secret North Yorkshire radar base just now.
Unfortunately the "Trade" that looks after the monitoring of the skies at a based out of a secret location near Jawdee land and is so jumped-up and self-important they will make an easy job look difficult!!! Happened during the Olympics when they blew the whole thing out of proportion curtailing leave etc!!!! They will be loving this and making everybody else life miserable!!!

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
I know theres talk about visas for Ukraine nationals coming to UK, but the current refugee process would probably be better for them whilst we know whats going to happen in the long term.

For me we need to start getting supplies into those trapped in the country and support Poland look after the people who have arrived there in the past few days.

Quite surprised the Russians dont have air superiority yet, did we donate some SAMs as well?

Expect its a busy time for our super secret North Yorkshire radar base just now.
You been watching GB News this morning? Their anchor scaremonger this morning was ranting about the easy access for Jonny Ukrainian, Jesus that channel is as bent as RT News in its objectiveness on reporting. Why we haven't chopped RT News as well is not surprising with dilly daily diverging Boris.

No they don't have air superiority yet and manpads don't usually swing advantage to ground defence.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Dont really watch news channels, cant see why anyone would.

The difference between the visa and refugee status is one of reason, the visa route will either be a tourist/visit visa or a work visa, refugee status is more about keeping people safe and supporting them when theyre in need.

Im pretty certain that the fleeing people of the Ukraine fall more in the refugee camp than the other.

Im sure its possible to spin either of these as negative or in conflict with each other, however the priority must be to keep those that need to be safe, safe, the paperwork can be sorted out in the ling term.

If you want be devisive then thats probably more about you rather than the reality of the situation.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I'll only watch Al Jazeera News for this sort of thing. Tend to just report the facts without some twat of a 'presenter' (I'm looking at you Piers Morgan) trying to stir shit up.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Dont really watch news channels, cant see why anyone would.

The difference between the visa and refugee status is one of reason, the visa route will either be a tourist/visit visa or a work visa, refugee status is more about keeping people safe and supporting them when theyre in need.

Im pretty certain that the fleeing people of the Ukraine fall more in the refugee camp than the other.

Im sure its possible to spin either of these as negative or in conflict with each other, however the priority must be to keep those that need to be safe, safe, the paperwork can be sorted out in the ling term.

If you want be devisive then thats probably more about you rather than the reality of the situation.
Nah, I wasn't brain washed as I have a bloody good memory of history watching it happen throughout my life. I did catch Farage with his pint and Rear Admiral Chris Barry putting his oar in about the current situation. Alas the EU question highjacked the whole debate again. EU seem to be way sharper that Boris Corrupt russian money GB seem to be. Alas it will not save Ukraine. Putins MRLS convoy will be pounding Kyiv in the next couple of days. I fear for the people facing that onslaught.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Everyone from Ukraine, it running into EU Countries, a,l which are part of NATO.

Its very likely that when the War Ends, Ukraine will join NATO as that is what everyone wants. Protection from the "mad east". I think he could have did himself wrong here, he has pushed the country into being what he didnt.

I suspect "public support" for him will be gone, and the "mad west" loses its bite as it aligns more to a Western lifestyle. Id say by 2030, perhaps we all could be part of some form of NATO once the "mad man" has been replaced.

I dont think Ukraine will be applying to NATO at the end, mainly because it will be in the new RSSR (PSSR?) The struggle is great but its likely to end against the dream.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
So, because of the previously announced Footy Club tributes to Ukraine, the Chinese aren't showing any of the televised or radio commentaries of any UK games this weekend - so that their friends in Russia don't get to see the outrage anywhere else.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So, because of the previously announced Footy Club tributes to Ukraine, the Chinese aren't showing any of the televised or radio commentaries of any UK games this weekend - so that their friends in Russia don't get to see the outrage anywhere else.
It would seem so. The Russian people are being spoon fed a totally different view of the Ukraine situation and their Chinese buddies don't want to be seen doing anything that contradicts that narrative.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Everyone from Ukraine, it running into EU Countries, a,l which are part of NATO.

Its very likely that when the War Ends, Ukraine will join NATO as that is what everyone wants. Protection from the "mad east". I think he could have did himself wrong here, he has pushed the country into being what he didnt.

I suspect "public support" for him will be gone, and the "mad west" loses its bite as it aligns more to a Western lifestyle. Id say by 2030, perhaps we all could be part of some form of NATO once the "mad man" has been replaced.
Quite agree.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sadly I struggle to see a solution anywhere that allows Russia gets out of Ukraine without losing face and the self serving communist hardman Mad Vlad certainly doesn't want to lose face at home or abroad.

Mad Vlad Putin must show his people a victory, a success for his policy, cheering crowds lining the streets welcoming the young liberators home after freeing Ukraine from the facist yoke etc etc even if it's only via fake news clips and a PR blitz. I don't see his troops going home bruised and bloodied on prime time TV. The mess just gets even messier until Mad Vlad decides to stop.

So a question for the great minds of the goat. What is Russia's exit strategy that gets the boys home before Christmas and doesn't play badly at home?

Last edited:

dctyke

Corporal
Sadly I struggle to see a solution anywhere that allows Russia gets out of Ukraine without losing face and the self serving communist hardman Mad Vlad certainly doesn't want to lose face at home or abroad.

Mad Vlad Putin must show his people a victory, a success for his policy, cheering crowds lining the streets welcoming the young liberators home after freeing Ukraine from the facist yoke etc etc even if it's only via fake news clips and a PR blitz. I don't see his troops going home bruised and bloodied on prime time TV. The mess just gets even messier until Mad Vlad decides to stop.

So a question for the great minds of the goat. What is Russia's exit strategy that gets the boys home before Christmas and doesn't play badly at home?
A bullet in the back of Putins head is the only thing that would fit your scenari.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Or, as it would be told to the Muscovite masses, "a tragic heart attack brought on by his heroic endeavours leading his country against the west from which the doctors were unable to save him despite their very best efforts..."

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Convoys carrying weapons legitimate targets
You have to hope that he means legimate targets once they've crosses the border. Otherwise that would certainly be seen as an act of war against NATO.
We might hope that but, I fear, that may not be his meaning... I still wonder about the extent of his support amongst the senior Generals and diplomats in the Kremlin. There have been reports that he has already locked up 2 of the senior leaders of the FSB (the intelligence agency) for mis-reading the likely opposition in Ukraine.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You have to hope that he means legimate targets once they've crosses the border.
I'd like to believe you are right and I have some hope but sadly Mad Vlad lacks logic, reason, patience or compassion for his fellow man. He's been badly briefed, it's all gone far to slowly for him and now he's stuck. To go backwards and go home is to lose face to go forwards is to lose even more men in a street by street quamire of misery that could last weeks if not months. The more he gets hemmed in financially and militarily the more chance there is of him doing something truely horrible and off the conventional war script. Just remember when you blot, bang, rub do it in the correct sequence.

Therapist

LAC
We might hope that but, I fear, that may not be his meaning... I still wonder about the extent of his support amongst the senior Generals and diplomats in the Kremlin. There have been reports that he has already locked up 2 of the senior leaders of the FSB (the intelligence agency) for mis-reading the likely opposition in Ukraine.
I've read the same thing. I think this is one of the problems of being a dictator in all but name. You're surrounded by yes men all clustered round the teat afraid of being cut off the coat tails at best or succumbing a short illness at worst. They won't tell you facts they tell you what you want to hear.