• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

II(AC) Going Typhoon...And onto Lossie.....

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
I see the Kodak Kids are going Typhoon....

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-typhoon-squadron-announced

The move is part of a transformation of the RAF’s combat air capability which will see battle-proven Tornado GR4 aircraft replaced by advanced Typhoon and F-35B Lightning II fighters.

Number 2 (Army Co-operation) Squadron , based at RAF Marham, celebrated 100 years of service in 2012 and its personnel are currently training for their next tour of duty early next year flying Tornado jets in Afghanistan.

After that, the unit will begin the process of swapping its Tornados for Eurofighter Typhoons and transfer to its new base at RAF Lossiemouth .

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I wonder where these 'bound for Lossie' squadrons, and their support, will go to if & when Scotland decides to become independent ?

I wonder where these 'bound for Lossie' squadrons, and their support, will go to if & when Scotland decides to become independent ?

The Scottish Government envisages air forces will include an Air Force HQ function, establishement of Air Command and Control systems, a Quick Reaction Alert squadron, a tactical air transport squadron, flight training and establishment of airborne maritime patrol capability. This would require 3,250 regular personnel and around 300 reserve personnel.

The Scottish Government has also committed to a policy of no compuslory redundancies for service personnel during their service contract.

Air operations would be restored to Leuchars (alongside an army presence) and Lossiemouth would continue as the main operating base for fast jet aircraft and air policing.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
The Scottish Government envisages air forces will include an Air Force HQ function, establishement of Air Command and Control systems, a Quick Reaction Alert squadron, a tactical air transport squadron, flight training and establishment of airborne maritime patrol capability. This would require 3,250 regular personnel and around 300 reserve personnel.

The Scottish Government has also committed to a policy of no compuslory redundancies for service personnel during their service contract.

Air operations would be restored to Leuchars (alongside an army presence) and Lossiemouth would continue as the main operating base for fast jet aircraft and air policing.

And so are they going to buy the bases from the UK who own them?
Are they going to establish their own military law/administration/logistics infrastructure or again buy these things from other already established air forces?

My point is they will be starting completely from scratch and will have to pay for every single element of creating an armed forces from the tangible equipment and boots on the ground, to the legislation and contracts within which they will operate... Gonna use a lot of that oil money.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Lets pull everything out of Lossie and move it to Leeming! That works for me...

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
And so are they going to buy the bases from the UK who own them?
Are they going to establish their own military law/administration/logistics infrastructure or again buy these things from other already established air forces?

My point is they will be starting completely from scratch and will have to pay for every single element of creating an armed forces from the tangible equipment and boots on the ground, to the legislation and contracts within which they will operate... Gonna use a lot of that oil money.

Not quite, Scotland is a part of the UK, and therefore a part owner of the assets – therefore a proportion of the RAF’s aircraft, Army’s tanks and navy’s ships would be used as the basis for starting a defense force in an independent Scotland.

Essentially, the UK assets would have to be divided up in proportion to a formula agreed for separation.

However, the **** that is Slippery Salmond seems to want to conveniently forget that Scotland is also proportionally liable for the UK’s debts as well – i.e. it is not just about taking assets. (The SNP don’t see Scotland taking a share of these)

You also have to watch what the SNP say carefully – they love to lie and twist things. The “it is as much our Pound as your Pound” is a classic of this The pound is the currency of the UK, so long as Scotland is a part of UK it’s their currency, voting out of UK also means voting out of the currency. After all, you cannot resign from a gm and keep using the facilities – if you opt out , you opt.

The loud mouth bitch that is Sturgeon is also another liar to watch in action – nothing to say, yet spends all her time attacking , telling lies , and shouting everyone down with yah boo politics – is this the kind of person Scotland really wants to be represented by?

You should see her on her Scotland didn’t vote for this coalition angle , deliberately playing to the confusion some people have between England and UK. Scotland did vote in election for the UK Govt , it just so happens that most people in Scotland didn’t vote Tory, the same can be said for several parts of the country – and in other elections the party they did cast most votes for has won. That’s democracy, the party with most votes wins – if the party that wins didn’t win many seats in your area, it doesn’t mean you can ignore the results (unless you are a loud mouth liar who wants to mislead a people)

Personally, I absolutely agree with Scotland having a vote on independence – if the Jocks don’t want to be a part of UK , they should not have to be. But the vote should be made based on knowledge of the facts, not the lies a couple of wankers who put their ego’s and vanity projects before the interests of their nation want people to believe. It should also be a straight in / out vote.

Soapy Salmond , IMO, really wants devo max, which he won’t get – and is therefore trying to rig it so independent means devo max (keep currency, joint armed forces procurement etc etc). If Scotland wants to change the nature of its relatuionship with eh UK – that is for everyone to vote on.

However, be careful what you wish for, the polls indicate only 25-30% of Scots actually want independence , - so the split is unlikely to actually happen. However, if the rest of UK were asked to join in a vote, Scotland could well be voted out of the union!..... (although Slippery would like that).

For me, I’ll be voting to keep the Jocks as part of the UK. Also looking forward to Salmond and Sturgeon, two of the most odious individuals in politics, disappearing back into obscurity when they lose the vote..

And, relax.........

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
It really isn't as simple as they are part of the UK so part own those assets and can divide it accordingly. Sadly for Scotland and fortunately for us.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
If they do vote yes... The next day we should just invade and annex them again. Jobs a good un. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
Hmmm, with II coming north does that mean space will open up at El-Adem With Grass for XV to move down there then?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I've heard 9 to move to IIs HAS site, with 9s old site being redone for 617....where that would leave XV..? And do they even need an OCU to feed 2 squadrons? I'd put my money on a training flight embedded in 9/31.

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
For now 15 are to stay at Lossie. Once an OCU becomes an expensive luxury a training flight will move to Marhell I reckon. The RAF don't like operating more than one aircraft type per Camp if they can all be grouped together elsewhere.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I've heard 9 to move to IIs HAS site, with 9s old site being redone for 617....where that would leave XV..? And do they even need an OCU to feed 2 squadrons?
I'd put my money on a training flight embedded in 9/31.

Given the speed of RAF/ Mil contraction, that would seem a reasonable view.