• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How did you find out about E-goat

N

Notsoblunt

Like many others, via PPRUNE myself. Was great to get back to reality and away from the mutterings of the winged master race.

F

Fablon biff chit

Via ARRSE, I've watched the site grow from a tiny acorn :)

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Good mates with Sausage 2, so when I moved to Wyton and got IGS it gave me loads of free time to contribute and keep in touch with mates at Lyneham.

One of the lads who I use to work with, hadnt spoken in ages and he just left this link on MSN and bam never looked back. Spreading the word around the office, but as yet nobody has used it! keep on leaving hints around the office after nightshifts, leaving prints of different threads lying about. but hey im trying :pDT_Xtremez_08:

T

The Gimp

I was told of the site by the FOMz and POB, Now I can spend the whole day logged on, rather than doing work!

Thanks E-Goat, you have saved me from staring at the wall (my other outlet when at work).

H

HansBwix

Robust comms

Robust comms

Got told about it by one of my compadres returning from sunnier climes - happens to be the most robust comms anyone in the RAF has produced for talking to mates around the bazaars - you can even get to it from Spam systems. Definitely useful for those of us who don't wear dead moths, and has spawned chat about everything from rumour control to some pretty serious and useful stuff about the dreaded *work*. Well done to Wobbly et al for introducing a sure-fire way to look like you're busy doing something producting by thumping away at the computer in the corner.

B

Bluntend

HansBwix said:
Got told about it by one of my compadres returning from sunnier climes - happens to be the most robust comms anyone in the RAF has produced for talking to mates around the bazaars - you can even get to it from Spam systems. Definitely useful for those of us who don't wear dead moths, and has spawned chat about everything from rumour control to some pretty serious and useful stuff about the dreaded *work*. Well done to Wobbly et al for introducing a sure-fire way to look like you're busy doing something producting by thumping away at the computer in the corner.

Off Topic

Amazing isn't it?

An AVM with thousands of support staff available, a budget of a few million pounds, years to plan, support from a huge IT consultancy and what do we get? A complete goat – JPA!

A few SNCO's, a PC or two, a bit of knowledge about website design and a few quid (sorry Wobbly - I'm sure there's more to it than that), and what do you get? E-Goat - A massively successful internationally available, robust communication tool providing fast and reliable information both in theatre and at home to servicemen and their families. Bolstered by information on resettlement, training, news, current affairs, sport etc, etc.

Go figure…:pDT_Xtremez_30:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Bluntend said:
Off Topic

Amazing isn't it?

An AVM with thousands of support staff available, a budget of a few million pounds, years to plan, support from a huge IT consultancy and what do we get? A complete goat – JPA!

A few SNCO's, a PC or two, a bit of knowledge about website design and a few quid (sorry Wobbly - I'm sure there's more to it than that), and what do you get? E-Goat - A massively successful internationally available, robust communication tool providing fast and reliable information both in theatre and at home to servicemen and their families. Bolstered by information on resettlement, training, news, current affairs, sport etc, etc.

Go figure…:pDT_Xtremez_30:

You hit the nail on the head fella, what the hell is going on?

B

Buphoonery

Heard about it at work - never looked back - great site and long may it continue

B

Bluntend

I forgot to mention that e-goat is also a very effective tool for allowing servicmen/servicewomen and their loved ones, or for that matter their families (J for Joke), to keep in contact when out of area without the need for a costly email account. Wherever you are in the world, if you have access to e-goat you have access to your family - no eblues, no letters, no postage or mobile phone charges, just effective, reliable, and instant communication.

sumps

Sergeant
1. Bittburger! - Why are you askin'? are you on the pull, why didn't you just put up a sign saynig "DO YOU COME HERE OFTEN"!!!

2. I found out about this place 'cos someones wife put up a notice on PPRUNE saying something to the affect of...."psstt! look over here"...can't think who she was :pDT_Xtremez_21::pDT_Xtremez_30:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Started as a Ppruner, when I shared an office with and ex AT, through that I discovered Arrse and then the Goat. I think this is the best site for us and I am an avid user (as most of you will know) Why? Because I have an opinion about everything, rightly or wrongly and the Goat allows me to air those opinions, it gets me either support or shot down, but hey thats life!

Been away on me hols and avoided computers so now I have to catch up.

C

Crabman

Got told by one of the SNCO's I used to work with. Since he found the site his work rate dropped off dramatically and his post was disestablished soon after - not that the two things were linked of course.........

Anyway it's a great site which I usualy trawl through once a day, though I am more of a lurker than a poster!

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Read some comments on ARRSE, and been around ever since. Got to admit I am spending more time on here than working, but then with days to do before the big push to the other side of the world, Who cares?