• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hi Vis Belts For All

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Wartime elf and safety.
article-2589722-1C95F71400000578-562_306x423.jpg

miniboo

SAC
Another thing we seem to have picked up from the yanks!! Yes in the dark, yes in Afghan where there are no pavements. But on a camp that has lighting and paths and daylight....really? But it won't look silly as everyone will have one on

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Idea time........

Why not combine the Stable belt with this new Hi-Viz Belt?

It could have a special power source (Pico?) generated by the energy produced by walking etc. Luminence levels created by each user (With a date / time / Name & Number stamp) are captured by energy meters located around the unit (Monitored by someone of at least Squabbling Bleeder level who populates a speadsheet with lots of pretty conditional formatting).

So then we all look like c*nts but get our exercise quota in at the same time.....

*Slopes off to find a GEMS form.............

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Idea time........

Why not combine the Stable belt with this new Hi-Viz Belt?

It could have a special power source (Pico?) generated by the energy produced by walking etc. Luminence levels created by each user (With a date / time / Name & Number stamp) are captured by energy meters located around the unit (Monitored by someone of at least Squabbling Bleeder level who populates a speadsheet with lots of pretty conditional formatting).

So then we all look like c*nts but get our exercise quota in at the same time.....

*Slopes off to find a GEMS form.............

Wouldn't the Snec one overload from static induced from Farrah slacks?

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
One dark n dingy night many moons ago during the first gulf shopping expedition, I remember being very very grateful for my reflcto belt. Being the weapons pin biatches me and my mate were walking across a very big, dark and isolated aircraft pan, when a 'State 2' was declared. I can clearly remember the bellow of the American crash machines hammering down the pan, headlights blending in with every other panside light The crash wagons went either side of us and were well sh1ttening.

Walking from the mess to the block however doesn't seem as health and safety hazardous. Ah well, new model Air Force I suppose.

I can categorically confirm that this is true. 1200 have arrived on this soon to close unit pending personal issue. I do have reservations of how it will look when we are in our No1 HD on parade! No doubt there will be a list of exclusions in SROs of when the belt is not to be worn.

Next....we will have to wear the belt with civvy clothing when walking around camp!!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
If it is true, I give it a week before this ends up in "The Daily Heil" as yet another 'H&S Gone Mad' report.........

Sniffer

Super Moderator
I feel a freedom of information request to establish which department came up with this idea. Together with asking for the evidence that not wearing one is a major cause of RTIs

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Well from wearing one at the premier desert base for 4 months I hope they bought a shedload as the reflective band rubs off in about 4 months. I hope they enforce it more than the current SRO's that states anyone cycling around camp must wear Hi Viz. I almost left the RAF with 1 less rock ape last week, he was cycling around camp in his PCS in the fog. I have an email to collect mine from clothing stores on Wednesday. joy.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
...so, the only people truly working without advertising their presence, and apparently in secret, will be the Civvies?

Only time and a rising accident rate will govern if it is safer to wear these belts or not. Good Luck - and don't forget there's a whole airfield out there...without a dayglo stripe on it.

Elwood

SAC
I remember (swings Tilley*) when MT cars were painted green they had a yellow stripe put on so people didn't bump in to them. What's different about this? *Tilley is an old style lamp we used to use when camping.

Old John

LAC
Next....we will have to wear the belt with civvy clothing when walking around camp!!

1n 1973 I was posted to RAF Honnington but was billeted at Barnham Camp.
We were given orange armbands to wear when walking into nearby Thetford (in civvies) as a road safety precaution.
No one wore them but this is not a new idea,