• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hi Vis Belts For All

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Heard a quality rumour from the resident SWO yesterday. The Air Farce has purchased thousands of Hi Viz belts through an underspend & they will soon be issued to units. Apparently these are to be worn if you are outdoors by all personnel at all times. Whether in MTP or normal working blues the belt is to be worn on the outside of the uniform. Stand by for some major p1ss taking anyone working in a Joint environment.

Webbo

Sergeant
Here at at a secret Norfolk base, there are Hi-Viz belts being handed out to all sections, for use even if walking around camp. Not being enforced yet, but stand-by.

I look like Bruce Willis

I Suck Like George Michael
Heard a quality rumour from the resident SWO yesterday. The Air Farce has purchased thousands of Hi Viz belts through an underspend & they will soon be issued to units. Apparently these are to be worn if you are outdoors by all personnel at all times. Whether in MTP or normal working blues the belt is to be worn on the outside of the uniform. Stand by for some major p1ss taking anyone working in a Joint environment.

Health and Safety is no laughing matter. As part of the PT that secured these vital items I find you're attitude appalling.

I'm told they are mandatory at bastion, why shouldn't they be in the UK?

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
I'm sorry to have to do this guys but:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I'm sure you will look very nice too.

Mr SCJ

Odie

Sergeant
Just like the "Belt of Invincibility" that everyone had to wear in the Gulf. No belt on = no service at the BX - even in the bright desert sun.

I can understand wearing it when walking round a station in the dark, but for during the day it's another stupid idea from our intellectually challenged colleagues from over the ocean adopted by an utterly moronic management on this side. ::(:

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This could be an interesting alternative. You can even customise it with your own scrolling text... Although that might be a rather a bad idea for those who have a more direct nature - or can't spell - or both

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Just like the "Belt of Invincibility" that everyone had to wear in the Gulf. No belt on = no service at the BX - even in the bright desert sun.

I can understand wearing it when walking round a station in the dark, but for during the day it's another stupid idea from our intellectually challenged colleagues from over the ocean adopted by an utterly moronic management on this side. ::(:

Always made me laugh at the Deed, watching Brits put their belts on to walk into a lit building so they could get a beer at the bra.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Mmmmmm an underspend..... sod fixing delapidated accomodation... lets buy a sh1tload of pointless items that no one needs. I bet some zob got a promotion out of it though.

4everAD

Sergeant
What's the betting somewhere there was a conversation about how much the compo would be for someone getting knocked down/killed/seriuosly injured walking around a dark camp in uniform designed to blend in (pcs). Are 30,000 belts cheaper? Great let's buy them just in case. Well some bird got £400,000 for a sore wrist so this must have made financial sense at the time!

br9mp81

Corporal
if it stops another death,its money well spend i can rember a young liney being killed at conz in the 80s before h&s and high viz killed on a unlit part of the airfield in dark overalls.
i trust illbw will lead by example and peg anyone not wearing one.

4everAD

Sergeant
QUOTA=br9mp81;601088]if it stops another death,its money well spend i can rember a young liney being killed at conz in the 80s before h&s and high viz killed on a unlit part of the airfield in dark overalls.
i trust illbw will lead by example and peg anyone not wearing one.[/QUOTE]

Whilst I agree 1 death is too many, I haven't known/seen anyone knocked down because they weren't wearing a hi viz belt in 24 years. To me this (if it isn't a wind up) just smacks of arse covering. What's next, lessons on crossing the road?

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
If there was a bucket of spare cash floating around. I'm sure with a little bit of R&D ... a few modifications could be made here ... different colours for different trades ...

helmet.JPG