• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hey Hey Ricky!!!!!

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
After the disappointment of the world cup bid my heart was gladdened by the start Australia made in the second test!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_19: 2-3:pDT_Xtremez_19: Ponting getting a golden duck:pDT_Xtremez_19: then having some chirp with Straussy on the way off the pitch at close of play:pDT_Xtremez_19: The man's under pressure:pDT_Xtremez_19: and here's a message for him delivered in Barmy Army style :pDT_Xtremez_19:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZJRpLR4oM

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Oh so very happy to be an England cricket follower at this festive time. Lets hope the convicts sweat and toil in the feld for another day while we amass a huge total then skittle the poor lambs for around 230 thus winning by an innings and 150ish. Ricky it's time to pack it in cobber or you could stay and be remembered forever in Aussie folklore as the home skipper who lost the ashes.

TrickyTree

Sergeant
We've been waiting 23 bloody years for this and it is utterly, utterly fantastic! "Ali Cook, Ali Cook, Ali, Ali Cook...!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Couldnt agree more. I've just had my "power nap", and will be ready for another night shift with a few tinnies watching the convicts whinge and whine their way through another 7 hours of scorching heat in the field. I hope so.

Maybe KP will cut loose after lunch and push us to a 350+ lead before tea, then Strauss will take pity on them and give them another chance to bat.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We've been waiting 23 bloody years for this and it is utterly, utterly fantastic! "Ali Cook, Ali Cook, Ali, Ali Cook...!

Couldn't agree more bl00dy marvellous, this should stuff the Aussie arrogance right were the sun don't shine. Oh the joy if it all, despite the cr@p weather here the ashes could well make this the nicest winter for many a long year.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

........... then Strauss will take pity on them and give them another chance to bat.

The question was asked on 5live today should we pity the convicts. I'm not sure what the answer was as I couldn't hear above the laughter. Always keep your foot on the neck of the oppressed. Lets just politely grind them into the Aussie dust say nothing and smile.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
After the disappointment of the world cup bid my heart was gladdened by the start Australia made in the second test!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_19: 2-3:pDT_Xtremez_19: Ponting getting a golden duck:pDT_Xtremez_19: then having some chirp with Straussy on the way off the pitch at close of play:pDT_Xtremez_19: The man's under pressure:pDT_Xtremez_19: and here's a message for him delivered in Barmy Army style :pDT_Xtremez_19:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZJRpLR4oM

That is brilliant........have been out of sky coverage (visiting out laws) for the last week but looking forward to the rest of this test.......bring it on............

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Its been a long time coming, but this Australian side is pretty bloody poor when you compare it to the all-conquering side of the last decade:

Hayden (Watson)
Langer (Katich)
Ponting (an aging, under pressure Ponting)
M Waugh (Hussey)
S Waugh (North)
Clarke (A woefully out of form Clarke)
Gilchrist (Haddin)
Warne (Docherty)
Lee (Siddle)
Gillespie (Bollinger)
McGrath (Harris)

IMHO, Hussey is the only player who would have got close to a game with that squad.

Hardly has you quaking in your boots any more!

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Ironically, only an English style downpour can save the convicts now. Lets hope that doesn't happen and that our bowlers can start to replicate the great form that our batsmen seem to be in.

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Check out this superb piece of sarcastic reporting from the Sydney Herald...There is about 6 separate reporters all lining up to give their team a shoeing:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...-lucky-to-beat-bangladesh-20101207-18oct.html

Xavier Doherty managed something that was, just two weeks ago, on the ''you must be daft'' side of implausible - he forced a nation to turn its lonely eyes (back) to Nathan Hauritz. Which is a bit like a chainsaw killer making you fondly reminisce about the home intruder who merely beat you on the head with a tyre lever rather than dicing up your spleen.

and this little nugget:

Not merely because their ineptitude means the closest they will get to holding the Ashes is on a sightseeing tour at Lord's, but because they allowed the Barmy Army to complete the most chilling invasion of Australian soil since Japanese bombs rained down on Darwin. Listening to the endless choruses of Jerusalem and God Save Your Queen, you would have thought Adelaide was a small city in Shropshire, not the local home of mullets, serial killers and Christopher Pyne.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Its been a long time coming, but this Australian side is pretty bloody poor when you compare it to the all-conquering side of the last decade:

Hayden (Watson)
Langer (Katich)
Ponting (an aging, under pressure Ponting)
M Waugh (Hussey)
S Waugh (North)
Clarke (A woefully out of form Clarke)
Gilchrist (Haddin)
Warne (Docherty)
Lee (Siddle)
Gillespie (Bollinger)
McGrath (Harris)

IMHO, Hussey is the only player who would have got close to a game with that squad.

Hardly has you quaking in your boots any more!

If the former lot were playing, it would be a facsinating contest as England ain't that shabby at the moment (better than the 2005 Ashes winners IMHO)... Nah, let the Aussies rot..

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Cant wait for the 3rd Test at the WACA. If the convicts think the Barmy Army were in huge numbers for the first two tests, Perth as an Ex-pat haven will make it like a home game!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Wholesale changes to the Aussie team.

1 K. Minogue
2 D. Minogue
3 E. Everidge
4 R. Ponting (capt)
5 J. Donovan
6 L. Patterson
7 S.T. Bushkangaroo (wkt)
8 R. Harris
9 M. Johnson
10 C. Dundee
11 P. Robinson

Wholesale changes to the Aussie team.

1 K. Minogue
2 D. Minogue
3 E. Everidge
4 R. Ponting (capt)
5 J. Donovan
6 L. Patterson
7 S.T. Bushkangaroo (wkt)
8 R. Harris
9 M. Johnson
10 C. Dundee
11 P. Robinson

With P.Robertson being so injury prone i would suggest you will need to include a twelth man with this side......could i suggest Alf(flaming hell)Roberts to give it a bit of backbone?:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Third test starts in the early hours come on England. Win the toss bat get 500+ declare. Then get the Aussie openers to smell some leather on day 2. If there is a god then let true cricket justice and humiliation be visited upon the colonials and their supporters. Oh happy days.

A

amfortas

What a great position to be in.

This ancient Air Vice Marshal is an Englishman who has stood on an Aussie Town Hall stage and raised his hand to pledge 'G'Day, and lives in Tasmania. - Pontingsville.

I can cheer both sides; criticise both; rejoice with both; and be entertained by fine chaps all.

Fetch me a beer, there's a good chap. You'll find me on the beach.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Convicts 98 all out

The ground looked very empty for the final session lots of very disappointed Aussies going home early, bl00dy marvellous. Ricky no way back from this one sport.

Mother Country 150+ without loss

'ave it:pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_30: