• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harrier crash

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
You should be careful what you post on the "site" that shall not be mentioned. I stopped posting on there a couple of years ago. It's not difficult for witch hunters to find out who we are:pDT_Xtremez_26:

TW

Off TopicThe site in question was this one.. An idiot mentioned it, me, a user name and a thread.. In front of the civvy guy who was going to employ me..

I have caused waves on the other site, that have come back down the line.. Rapid delete mode engaged. Only post about things I have no connection with or gen for wanabe LAEs etc. I never post about my workplace (however that may change if things go rat sh*te, that is a distinct possiblity). Off Topic

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Off TopicThe site in question was this one.. An idiot mentioned it, me, a user name and a thread.. In front of the civvy guy who was going to employ me..

I have caused waves on the other site, that have come back down the line.. Rapid delete mode engaged. Only post about things I have no connection with or gen for wanabe LAEs etc. I never post about my workplace (however that may change if things go rat sh*te, that is a distinct possiblity). Off Topic

Sh1t lesson to learn, all should note IMO.:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Surely the reason for him to remain in it for so long was to maintain what little directional authority he could so as to avoid any of the nearby aircraft/buildings and prevent any collatoral damage.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Maybe someone had a word in DasVince's shell like?

Still, I got me a copy and burned it to DVD!!!

YAY :pDT_Xtremez_14:

TW

Webbo

Sergeant
Maybe someone had a word in DasVince's shell like?

Still, I got me a copy and burned it to DVD!!!

YAY :pDT_Xtremez_14:

TW

Remember the photo of the guy ejecting, a double spread in The Sun for which he/she alledgedly got paid £50,000.................. on a recent CCS course we had a lecture by Media Ops person and they were actively seeking the person who took the photo, f**k knows what they would give for the guy who took this video!!!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Remember the photo of the guy ejecting, a double spread in The Sun for which he/she alledgedly got paid £50,000.................. on a recent CCS course we had a lecture by Media Ops person and they were actively seeking the person who took the photo, f**k knows what they would give for the guy who took this video!!!!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

It was a journalist wasnt it?

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
A fine comment from the flight global site

Would think that if it were a declared emergency he would have dropped his load somewhere (unless it happened during the approach).

Brown growbags are there for a reason, it looked as if he was committed to riding it out until the flames covered the cockpit then had a Lauda moment

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
why did it take so long for the emergency services to arrive ?.
I hope the Pilot was ok !

Parky

Corporal
I know this is an old thread but today Airborne services (the people who make the canopies and drouges) received a framed picture from Martin baker of this specific crash accompanied by a letter from the pilot thanking them for thier part in saving his life.

My missus who works as quality control at Airborne was really chuffed at receiving this, it helps everyone at the factory see where thier hard work goes.

So if anyone knows the pilot then maybe point him to this thread.