• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Exercise Exercise Exercise

Mad Pierre

Corporal
The good old days when there was money to actually practice being at war....

Must have been the halcyon period after 1982 then, when I was regularly despatched to St Mawgan and St Eval wearing dark blue swish kit 'combats' and light blue stained 1937 pattern webbing that was designed for a hairy mary battledress jacket with epaulettes and so consequently frequently dropped into a nice off the shoulder look that effectively formed a bondage suit for the unfortunate wearer. NBC consisted of attempting to 'mask in 9' while trying to break the Mk1 NBC suit out of the plastic and not drop the hood on to the contaminated grass. The SLR that was issued as an exercise in carrying 9lbs 9oz of ballast while 'actions on' consisted of pointing at rapidly descending red devils and shouting bang.
:pDT_Xtremez_31:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
O the joy of a midwinter generation exercise, towing missiles on an open tractor at 5 MPH. Three round trips from Coningsby Bomb Dump to the dispersals and free hypothermia.

P

psycho-fluffy

THe only exercise like this I have had the "pleasure" of taking part in was playing as the enemy for a group of Royal Marine Bandsmen in Rosyth Naval Base in late 1983.

The organisers decided to recruit WRNS to smuggle firearms, bombs etc into the dockyard in our handbags. May sound too simple to work but NO bandie would look further if there was a suspender belt, pank of tampons or pair of frilly knickers in the top of the handbag.

I was responsible for "bombing" the Wardroom (Officers' Mess) an offence my boyfriend at the time was "arrested" and "questioned" about for several hours.

P-F

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Off Topic

When exercises were called, why did we all have to eat that gopping compo ration slop?

I never could get my head around that.

And anyone who likes compo sausages needs their head examining.

Off Topic

TW

G

gemarriott

Off Topic

When exercises were called, why did we all have to eat that gopping compo ration slop?

I never could get my head around that.

And anyone who likes compo sausages needs their head examining.

Off Topic

TW

apparently I am borderline psycopath! I had my head examined and I loved compo sausages:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
O the joy of a midwinter generation exercise, towing missiles on an open tractor at 5 MPH. Three round trips from Coningsby Bomb Dump to the dispersals and free hypothermia.

That was a joy at Binbrook as well.....as soon as there was snow on the ground you just knew the hooter was gonna go off......normally about 2am !

BTW compo sausages....can't beat 'em

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

MadFad

SAC

TM,

Thats the One. I knew it was "Brave Something or other"

I have just read through the posts & someone mentioned an exercise were a JAF opened the hatch and had a weapon thrust in his face...I could have been that JAFAD!! except it happened to me in the late 80s and it wasnt a hatch I opened but a full blown door , and it was an SLR directly in between my eyes...Saying I nearly crapped myself is an understatement!!!

T93 did it go something like this:-

Rat tat atat tat.... tat tat.

Hello who's there.

Dave is that you, Dave its me SteveO we've brought your Hotlocks, open the door will you its bloody freezing out here?

'Oh' right, hold on a minute

Door opens

Result:pDT_Xtremez_28:

T93

Sergeant
T93 did it go something like this:-

Rat tat atat tat.... tat tat.

Hello who's there.

Dave is that you, Dave its me SteveO we've brought your Hotlocks, open the door will you its bloody freezing out here?

'Oh' right, hold on a minute

Door opens

Result:pDT_Xtremez_28:

I have sent a PM.

Gotta say your close with the comments mate, but not the names.

Do you mean Dave C**p*r by any chance? small, squat fella. Originally from the West coast (Scotland, that is!)

MadFad

SAC

I have sent a PM.

Gotta say your close with the comments mate, but not the names.

Do you mean Dave C**p*r by any chance? small, squat fella. Originally from the West coast (Scotland, that is!)

Names were made up at the time????

If it rhymes with sh1t, but I think it my be a different Dave as the Dave I knew was from Manchester

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Same time at a secret Oxfordshire Airbase, we had to get some rather tired and emotional (****ed) aircrew out of the Zob's Mess to taxi two Pumas into WASF hangar to escape the storm. Cue absolute pandemonium as everything thas wasn't lashed down got drastically re-arranged in the hangar, because the aircrew did not comprehend the idea of "coasting into the hangar" because we had no towing kit! The Andovers had to weather the storm and with gust locks blown out, beat themselves to a pulp.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

I remember that GHS, they also dragged us lot out of the blocks to help out. Taxiing the Pumas into the hangar was funny as hell like you said......stuff everywhere.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I remember that GHS, they also dragged us lot out of the blocks to help out. Taxiing the Pumas into the hangar was funny as hell like you said......stuff everywhere.

Off Topic That'll teach you for being in the Block all night when you should've been out getting lashed up like the rest of us! Off Topic

bigred1

SAC
That was a joy at Binbrook as well.....as soon as there was snow on the ground you just knew the hooter was gonna go off......normally about 2am !

BTW compo sausages....can't beat 'em

Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

How true. Winter 85 I think.The white stuff was firm and crisp and even. Hooter goes no-one can get up the hill from the village. The tractors couldnt pull the jets out coz as soon as they got outside the door no grip and the jet's pulled them back in.
I remember one of the DI staff was a Canuck. Quote "this aint snow!. We get snow"
Tw@t

::p: