• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Books

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Right I'm of on my twice yearly jaunt to the desert in just over a week, and I need to take some books with me, cos otherwise if I'm bored I might end up in the gym, and we would not want that to happen.

So to that end I'm after some books that you can recommend for me to take.

Please try to be serious

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Right I'm of on my twice yearly jaunt to the desert in just over a week, and I need to take some books with me, cos otherwise if I'm bored I might end up in the gym, and we would not want that to happen.

So to that end I'm after some books that you can recommend for me to take.

Please try to be serious

This may be of interest, 'The history of the screwdriver' simply fascinating.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ural_History_of_the_Screwdriver_and_the_Screw

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Hustler or Readers wives.
Cut off the spine and laminate the pages and you can use them again and again !!

Hope this helps :pDT_Xtremez_28::pDT_Xtremez_31:

Last edited:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Try Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure especially if you haven't seen the telly show. It sounds not too great but you won't want to put it down.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
'Longitude' by Dervla Sobel
Almost any discworld book/s by Terry Pratchet
Vulcan 607
"The making of the Atom Bomb" by Richard Rhodes.
Almost any book by P C Doherty

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I think you are all forgetting S2's abilities.......try something from the Ladybird range....just one should keep you occupied for months.

Crack on..........................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

stacker1195

Sergeant
What about getting yourself a nintendo ds and 100 Classic Books? 100 books all on one cartridge should keep you going.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
What sort of books do you like S2 ?

I have read a few belters recently ranging from "The time travelers wife" an absolute classic book with a very unique storyline, which has great reviews (read it twice) to Jeffery Deavers serial killer books featuring Lincoln rhyme, good old mass murdering forensic books with lots of twists.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Lions, Donkeys and Dinosaurs.

All about waste and blundering within the armed forces. Focus's quite readily on its defence procurement policies.

Not that I needed it before but it doesn't half turn you into a cynical *******!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Waste of a thread, we all know the fcuker cant read otherwise he would have read his problem page thread.
Print that off and take it with you!

Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War by Robert Coram.

I found it really interesting and would recommend it as a good book for det

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Queen's Regulations for the Royal Air Force and The Manual Of AIr Force Law

Have they made the films of those yet ?
Or maybe the cartoon book ?

Hang on a mo'.
Now, not knowing the rank of S2, I wonder about it. I was told (many, many moons ago) that only senior officers were permitted knowledge of these books. So it could be that he's not entitled to know them (in detail, at least).

Last edited:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If you like your military history, anything by Antony Beevor. I'm reading his work about the fall of Crete at the moment, I've also read his books on Berlin, Stalingrad and the Battle for Paris.

Excellent books, perfectly researched and thoroughly absorbing!

You can get them in box sets I believe.