• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biscuits

Biscuits

• Biscuit

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Cake

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cat of Shadows

kit said:
Do cats like oranges?:pDT_Xtremez_34:

This cat does, and knowing a few things about biscuit making (family business, second income, large country estate and all that) I can confirm that the Jaffa is and always will be a cake!!!

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Was there not once a rival to the Jaffa cake? similar shape, size and construction, topped with white chocolate and instead of a tangy orangy filling, it had a strawberry/raspberry filling.

called Pimms or something.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Cat of Shadows said:
This cat does, and knowing a few things about biscuit making (family business, second income, large country estate and all that) I can confirm that the Jaffa is and always will be a cake!!!

Damn you cat o shads, let it be known I curse you three times, begone from this, the force of the air and take up the biscuit makers art. Get thee behind me all you satan worshipping sons of cake, for I will die knowing that truly, the combination of dark chocolate, spongy base and "that smashing orangy bit in the middle" which the overseers call cake in order to keep the workers downtrodden will always be................................................

A Biscuit

K

kit

TheHogwartsBEngO said:
Was there not once a rival to the Jaffa cake? similar shape, size and construction, topped with white chocolate and instead of a tangy orangy filling, it had a strawberry/raspberry filling.

yep bengo- they where Pimms biscuits, my sis and i used to have them when we where little , well littler then we are now:pDT_Xtremez_29:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
TheHogwartsBEngO said:

Right HB stop now. Your just trying to get this thread into the upper class bracket...:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Pimms biscuit my ar5e. There is no way such an upper class tipple would let itself be associated with a mere biscuit obviously it was a Pimms Cake. Then again they probably employed some Upper class twit Soane ranger advertising agency that thought that they could sell it to the lower class oiks by calling it a biscuit how wrong they were..lol
You'll be telling me that there's a Newky Brown Wafer next...LOL:pDT_Xtremez_31:

sumps

Sergeant
Why doesn’t some one organise a Jafa Cake v's Biscuit eating competition throughout the RAF. We can all raise lots of money for charity and just get stuffed with the whole subject??? :pDT_Xtremez_34:

ps - at the rate i eat then they are simply lots of little Voids!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

mightyhunter

Sergeant
what high-brow debateing we're having
i knew this would cause a split in the meare fabric of what is left of 'our' morale... or could this be a thinly disgused effort to boost morale? who knows? i think i'm just ranting now.....
:pDT_Xtremez_06:
one of the lads i work with has got the eating an entire 12 packet of said cakes down to 1min20secs.
the gaunlet has been laid.
can anyone beat this........?

Last edited:

mightyhunter

Sergeant
rest have risen above me said:
You'll be telling me that there's a Newky Brown Wafer next...LOL:pDT_Xtremez_31:
asda sells them. right beside the Guiness Puffs and the 'Red Death' Shortbread. wait a minute..... Short.... Bread (in a peter kay stylee).... yet they sell it in the biscuit aisle?

Stax

Flight Sergeant
POB said:
How can anyone even begin to think of them as anything else?

Try these links:

http://homepages.force9.net/swamp/jaffanet/

www.jafferygoodness.com

www.jaffaholics.co.uk/flash.html

(How bored am I? Its stupid O'clock in the morning and I am googling Jaffa Cakes!)

Edited to add a stupid question.

Is there any correlation between those fools who would have them as biscuits, and those fools that do not like Marmite?

Marmite! Marmite! It smells like 5hit, looks like 5hit and tastes like 5hit (or as I would imagine 5hit to taste) Its a good job I didn't stand in it! (stops and looks confused realising he has inserted the punchline to an old, old joke, shakes head and shuffles back to his "special" chair, mumbling to himself)

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
How about this to settle it

When the packet is opened the Jaffa Cake is soft and is therefore a CAKE. Just like a cake if its left in the open it goes stale and hard. However, once its stale and hard it is clearly transformed into A BISCUIT. Therefore it is both, just like the caterpillar and the butterfly!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
SirSaltyHelmet said:

When the packet is opened the Jaffa Cake is soft and is therefore a CAKE. Just like a cake if its left in the open it goes stale and hard. However, once its stale and hard it is clearly transformed into A BISCUIT. Therefore it is both, just like the caterpillar and the butterfly!

Right you! Dont come on this site being all nice and pointing out that both sides are right. It's people like you that cause dissent, we were all quite happy arguing about biscuits (which it is!) and cakes (which it isin't) then you come along like the village vicar trying to pour oil on troubled waters (which can actually get you a hefty fine nowadays I can tell you!) Now shut it or 'll take you outside and give you a damn good thrashing (Carruthers fetch my stick!)

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
SirSaltyHelmet said:

SSH you're talking marmite? Are you telling me that a McVities Rich tea when left out of the packet to go soft becomes a cake? I think not.... That would put stale buiscuits in there with the gods of cakedom like the battenburg or the madeira.
Never my good man can that be true...A soft buiscuit is a stale buiscuit and a hard Jaffa CAKE is a tragedy.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Would rather you didnt use SSH and marmite in the same sentance..... Would hate to be associated with that foul tasting bollox

Edited to ask... If I put butter on a stale rich tea biscuit, would that make it a cake??

Last edited:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Then stop spouting utter tripe comparing cake to biscuit transformation in entymological terms. What would have happened if Darwin had been so lax in his studiesand observations? Would we have the "Origin of Sponge Pieces"?:pDT_Xtremez_26:

PS Marmite doesn't rhyme with Sh1te for no reason..

Who? Me?

SAC
The heretics in the cake faction have even been busy causing more "cake" hits on the heavenly google site so that a googlefight between cake and biscuit shows the true biscuit faith as being wrong...

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=cake&word2=biscuit

However, whilst on the site I also couldn't help see who would win in this fight....

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=nerdy&word2=north+sea+tiger

:pDT_Xtremez_19:

edited to add : we are not alone http://biscuitorcake.tripod.com/

Last edited:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
rest have risen above me said:
Then stop spouting utter tripe comparing cake to biscuit transformation in entymological terms. What would have happened if Darwin had been so lax in his studiesand observations? Would we have the "Origin of Sponge Pieces"?:pDT_Xtremez_26:

PS Marmite doesn't rhyme with Sh1te for no reason..

Might have to move this to the fight club!! :pDT_Xtremez_32:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Not that I need to defend the cake faction as they are obviously right, Google logic says that cake will win it's easier to spell than biscuit...lol and you don't go googling for a Jaffa biscuit do you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.