• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biscuits

Biscuits

• Biscuit

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Cake

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
I like biscuits, and being a bit bored, thought I might as well find out if anyone else likes them?

mightyhunter

Sergeant
mmmm, biscuits

mmmm, biscuits

i also like biscuits. chocolate borbons are my faves. or perhaps a nice lemon puff:pDT_Xtremez_15:

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

I prefer a nice Mississippi delta cathead biscuit..................:pDT_Xtremez_14:

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
I like biscuits too. My favorite are fox's cream classics, also chocholate hob nobs are ace

S

shoutingwind

ummm biscuits! i like chocolate bourbons and mini oreos yum yum

why are bourbon biscuits call bourbon? coz they don't have bourbon in them, do they?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I'll settle for a couple of custard creams (but 2 is just never enough!)

so, which is the best biscuit for dunking? Got to be the ginger nut IMHO, they actually need to be dunked to save on broken teeth :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Digestives with a wee doad' 'o' butter and a wee piece 'o' cheese, mmmmmmm.

Who? Me?

SAC
Sorry, you're all wrong.

The Daddy of the biscuit world has to be Biscuits Brown!!

They'll knock anyone down after a few days.

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

mightyhunter

Sergeant
Stax said:
Digestives with a wee doad' 'o' butter and a wee piece 'o' cheese, mmmmmmm.
ahhh, but have you tried the ones with dark chocolate on them. mmmmmm.
here is a controvertial thing. jaffa cakes: biscuit or cake?

Who? Me?

SAC
Jaffa cakes, mmmmm I'd have to say a biscuit. 'Cause if it was a cake then I'd have to have lots of them together with ice cream and that would just be wrong.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Biscuit!, without a shadow of a doubt a biscuit! We will have no truck with those "Cake" factions. If it was a cake it would be sold individually with a fancy piece of paper around it. They come in boxes, stacked one on top of another therefore they are and shall always remain biscuits. I broach no arguerment here that is it, the gospel, don't even think of claiming cakehood, biscuit biscuit biscuit, the end!

T

The Ballerina

On dunking to quote Peter Kay The chocolate hob nob is the Marine of the biscuit world. I dont think anyone can really argue with that one.

On the Jaffa cake although i would love it to be a biscuit i do actually believe it is a cake. The first clue is in the name Jaffa CAKE. The second reason is a cake goes stale whereas a biscuit does not. In this case it is hard to identify because most jaffa cakes get consumed within minutes of being opened so never get the chance to go stale. But i did hear a rumour that the only reason for them being called cakes was so that mc vities could get away with the lower tax levels imposed on cakes.

mightyhunter

Sergeant
The Ballerina said:
On dunking to quote Peter Kay The chocolate hob nob is the Marine of the biscuit world. I dont think anyone can really argue with that one.

On the Jaffa cake although i would love it to be a biscuit i do actually believe it is a cake. The first clue is in the name Jaffa CAKE. The second reason is a cake goes stale whereas a biscuit does not. In this case it is hard to identify because most jaffa cakes get consumed within minutes of being opened so never get the chance to go stale. But i did hear a rumour that the only reason for them being called cakes was so that mc vities could get away with the lower tax levels imposed on cakes.
i have to agree with ballerina. sometimes, a box doesn't last by time i leave tescos (or other supermarket chain)

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

mightyhunter said:
here is a controvertial thing. jaffa cakes: biscuit or cake?

Neither........................full moon....half moon.....total eclipse!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_19:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Jammy

Jammy

Surely the master of the biscuit world is the Jammy Dodger....But not the NAAFI imitations that are supplied free of charge with your standard issue white butty box...:pDT_Xtremez_14:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Ballerina stated that biscuits do not go stale.

Mrs BEngO and I have been attending Fat-Fighters for a few months now so biscuits have been off-limits (for me anyway, Mrs B can't eat biscuits due to an allergy). Nonetheless, we bought a packet of plain Rich Tea for when the Grandparents visited over christmas as gran has been known to ask for 'a plain biscuit' to accompany her bed-time milk and honey (we respect our elders in chez BEngO).

now christmas is over, the rich tea packet (open) has been largely ignored.

Until today. :pDT_Xtremez_34: Biscuits go stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.