• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biscuits

Biscuits

• Biscuit

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Cake

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sumps

Sergeant
No!!! A fig roll can be a biscuit too!!! DO not discriminate :pDT_Xtremez_28:

CAKES & ROLLS ARE FRIENDS OF AND THEREFORE ARE BISCUITS!!!

But the best biscuits are the chocolate Hob-Nobs nicked of the flightdeck just before the kite goes flying :pDT_Xtremez_28:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

free biscuits are always the best biscuits...

except when the wife is trying to get you to finish off her packet of Gluten-Free custard creams

:pDT_Xtremez_34:

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
Gluten Free?
That's like drinking Diet coke, smoking Silk Cut, having a no alcohol Lager!
It should be made illegal!
What is the joy of biscuits if they aren't chock full of Gluten! It must be bad for you this Gluten stuff, otherwise why remove it?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Try: because when you have the rare skin condition demititis herpetiformis, if you eat just a crumb of gluten, your whole body gets covered in a violently itchy rash for about a week and you will be violently ill, out of both ends, for about 2 days. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

if you are ceoliac, the symptoms are more gut-related as opposed to the skin rash.

as for diet coke? doesn't rot teeth so much, doesn't fcuk up your blood sugar and insulin levels and tastes better IMHO.

But I love a good real biscuit and some nice soft farmhouse crusty bread - I just need to make sure I don't get a single crumb in the butter - or I'll be cleaning the bathroom and applying the lotions.

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
If they are freaks of nature, with feeble diseases then they don't deserve to enjoy proper food like normal people.

IMHO anyone who suffers from this type of thing should be made to live in the sewers , futerama style

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

to be honest (and not wanting to sound like a Gillian McKeith food facist) you're much better off without gluten in your diet: it bloats you up and actually causes you to develop an allergy to it. Plus the majority of foods that contain gluten are the ones that end up refined and processed - full of sugar/fat etc and stripped of the good stuff like fibre.

since living with Mrs BEngO, I have massively reduced my intake of Gluten (but not cut it out totally) and I feel much better. Less bloated and not so 'windy' :pDT_Xtremez_08:

Who? Me?

SAC
Whilst I am glad of all the advice given on how to improve my diet (and after clearing the office last Friday I definately need advice on curing my flatulence) we still haven't gotten round to the big Biscuit V's Cake fight.

General consensus in this office is BISCUIT, with the only real cake support coming from the one with bar codes on his / her shoulder (we're not quite sure which yet), and we all know how on the ball they are. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

So how about it..... shall we have an online vote for either BISCUIT or cake?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Hu Jardon said:
What about Cookies then?

I tend to delete them once Internet Explorer's performance starts to degrade along with all the temporary Internet files. Why?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
After reading this thread, when I popped into my local Tesco's earlier, I had a look. The Jaffa Cakes and the Fig Rolls were in the BISCUIT ISLE and if anyone should know, surely it should be Tesco's.

Got to be Jaffa Cakes - Its that smashing jaffa orangey bit that does it for me! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

The FOMz said:
After reading this thread, when I popped into my local Tesco's earlier, I had a look. The Jaffa Cakes and the Fig Rolls were in the BISCUIT ISLE and if anyone should know, surely it should be Tesco's.

Got to be Jaffa Cakes - Its that smashing jaffa orangey bit that does it for me! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

wow!! where is the Biscuit Isle? is it in the Bahamas or the Isles of Scilly? Must arrange my next holiday for there - although Mrs BEngO will have an allergy. Seems a long way to go for bickkies though.

I tend to just go to Tesco and find the Biscuit Aisle....

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Back on the thread....

The VATman wanted to class Jaffa cakes as biscuits as VAT is levvied on biscuits - they are a luxury item. Cakes are not subject to VAT as they are a food. McVities fought (and won) a court case in 1991 to prove that they are in fact a CAKE to prevent them being subject to VAT.

The case was won on the definition that when cakes go stale they go hard, whereas biscuits, when stale, go soft. Jaffa cakes go hard when stale.

They are cakes.

ahthangyou. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

(edited for accuracy of court case date)

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Well excuse me for making a (very) minor spelling mistake, but your right - the Biscuit Isle does sound a very 'tasty' place to go on holiday :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Caramel Digestive topped in chocolate is the daddy and it would only be better if it was DARK chock on top :pDT_Xtremez_14: or maybe if the digestive was replaced with hob nob.......McvItties reading? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

budgie said:
On Biscuit Isle, is there a Lake Tea?:pDT_Xtremez_08:

It would be fantastic! - But the with a lake of tea, surely the whole Island would go soggy? - Unless it was a ginger-nut.

Or, *with a nod to Peter Kay* a hob nob, the marine of biscuits.

I have tried the caramel chocolate digestive - found it a bit sickly. I'm sorry, no matter what fantastic all-singing,all dancing fancy biscuit the boffins come up with, you will never beat 3 custard creams and a steaming hot mug of strong (preferably yorkshire) tea.
Especially not at about 4am after a night-shift, with 13 from 13 jets still U/S and 3 hours before the day shift come in.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
TheHogwartsBEngO said:
Back on the thread....

The VATman wanted to class Jaffa cakes as biscuits as VAT is levvied on biscuits - they are a luxury item. Cakes are not subject to VAT as they are a food. McVities fought (and won) a court case in 1991 to prove that they are in fact a CAKE to prevent them being subject to VAT.

The case was won on the definition that when cakes go stale they go hard, whereas biscuits, when stale, go soft. Jaffa cakes go hard when stale.

They are cakes.

ahthangyou. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

(edited for accuracy of court case date)

Oh! I see! Now you have to introduce VAT in the biscuit/cake arguement, well I'm sorry but government decisions does not a cake make! As for cake being a food and biscuits a luxury who the ferk decided that! I'll tell you it's people like M For Mother and their upper class ways trying to stop us working class types from enjoying a biscuit by levying an extra tax and putting it out of our price range, therefore ensuring we have neither cake nor biscuit! Bah, wait for the revolution!

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Ah come the revolution the biggest grievance and cause of riots will be the VAT to stop peasants eating biscuits - damn good idea. But what shall the peasants eat that does not include a levvy on VAT I hear you say...

(can you see where I'm going with this?)

Let them eat cake!

S

shoutingwind

TheHogwartsBEngO said:
Ah come the revolution the biggest grievance and cause of riots will be the VAT to stop peasants eating biscuits - damn good idea. But what shall the peasants eat that does not include a levvy on VAT I hear you say...

(can you see where I'm going with this?)

Let them eat cake!

but only if they're Jaffa Cakes!

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
I am partial to a nice tart.
Not a big fan of oranges, me mum said they'd turn me ginger!:raf:

It's still a CAKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.