• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biscuits

Biscuits

• Biscuit

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Cake

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
ITS A BISCUIT, leave it son, its not worth it, leave it, dont touch me, gerrof now I'm OK.

Ask Johnny of 2 pints of lager fame, its a biscuit!

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Trill, you really shouldn't go there. Its a biscuit, it always will be and always has been. The "cake" is just to make the middle classes feel they are getting a high class biscuit.

BISCUIT!

B

Bluntend

General opinion in this office is:

CAKE

Its the kind of top level discussion you'd expect from the DLO...

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

most definately a Cake. It's got sponge, not biscuit base.

so begs the question - how about sponge fingers? Cake or biscuit?

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
To back up the cake argument, I've done some research on google, firstly it goes hard when it's gone off, and biscuits go soft, and secondly, it floats in your tea, and biscuits sink. Case proven I believe.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
You're all mad I tell you. Next you'll be telling me Typhoon is a great aircraft!

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
Sausage and Cakes

Sausage and Cakes

To back up the cake argument, I've done some research on google,
Knowing Sausage, I'm sure that he didn't just research on Google. He's more of a hands on man, definatley not shy of his cakes.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Its a bl00dy biscuit, god damn it!!! If it was a cake it would be up there along with Pavolva's, Battenberg, Black Forest Gateau and the likes, I don't have a problem with any of these but I don't want to be dunkin them in my tea/coffee do I. I had to inform Mrs P twice of this last night, hence why she's going to work with two black eyes this morning (j for joke). Stax your are right its a biscuit, don't be swayed into thinking otherwise by the ignorant masses.:pDT_Xtremez_33:

B

Bluntend

Plumber, don't forget I know Mrs P and for the record I think if it came to it, it would be you going to work with two black eyes. Just because you're an armourer it doen't mean you don't fight like a girl...

:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Oh, and it's still a cake.

S

shoutingwind

it does say cake on the packet. and mcvites should know- they make them! anyone else tried the new flavours of lemon and lime and blacurrent? quite yummy

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Plumber, thank you. Norman, yes you are thinking of something else. Shouty, your still cute, but leave this arguement to old gits like me.

Biscuit

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

The wikipedia definations of cake and biscuit are fairly helpful. Biscuit is defined as a hard-baked product like a small cake. Cake is a baked food, usually sweet.

The clue is that biscuits are hard-baked. Jaffa Cakes are made of a soft sponge. therefore: CAKE

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
Cake

If a biscuit is hard, and a cake soft, what does this do to my 2 yera olds favourite the fig roll?:pDT_Xtremez_35:
He'll be so miffed if it ain't no biccy.:pDT_Xtremez_09:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

hmmm, a tough one. Fig Rolls are definately a biscuit.

Maybe the joy of Jaffa Cakes is that although definately a cake, they can be enjoyed in the same way as biscuits - ie eat 3 whole ones on the trot and not feel guilty.

B

Bluntend

A Fig Roll is a roll, if it was a biscuit it would be called a Fig Biscuit.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Bluntend said:
A Fig Roll is a roll, if it was a biscuit it would be called a Fig Biscuit.

Jesus! better stop eating Hob Nobs then!

Status
Not open for further replies.