• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biscuits

Biscuits

• Biscuit

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Cake

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrs_Monobrow

Arrrrrrrrrrgh!! All this talk of jaffa cakes is making me hungry!! I may have to get a packet (my cupboard is full of them for my daughters lunch box)

Fave biscuit has got to be the caramel digestives, but, as mentioned in another post, they would be even better with a hob nob base!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Oh and er..........

CAKE

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I have just been told that an auntie of a mate used to work for McVities, she was part of the original testing team. He was told that they were originally meant to be a biscuit. The original mixture was too soft but the testers liked them.
So now we have JaffaCakes

So there, you can't beat inside info :pDT_Xtremez_30:

F

FairyGoodGuy

I likes custard creams....... And if the spams have done anything right it's double cream oreo cookies..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice:pDT_Xtremez_28:

S

student-grant

Lynx fixing CRAB b@stard said:
I likes custard creams....... And if the spams have done anything right it's double cream oreo cookies..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice:pDT_Xtremez_28:

typical fairy ......likes the old custard

jaffa cakes or bourbons mmmmmmmmmmmm

G

gemarriott

Scaley brat said:
I have just been told that an auntie of a mate used to work for McVities, she was part of the original testing team. He was told that they were originally meant to be a biscuit. The original mixture was too soft but the testers liked them.
So now we have JaffaCakes

So there, you can't beat inside info :pDT_Xtremez_30:

So they aren't cakes at all but soft biscuits

BAWBAG

LAC
Cakes

Cakes

I'll have to disagree with all of you cake lovers the TESCO VALUE COOKIE is still the best dunkable biccy.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
Great debate and some wonderful entries but its simple, if it was a biscuit it would be called a JAFFA BISCUIT.

S

student-grant

Having just eaten two packs of JAFFA CAKES I have made up my mind that they are biscuit as there is no way I could ever eat that many cakes in such a short time ...........again techie science comes up with a Definitive answer:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
student-grant said:
Having just eaten two packs of JAFFA CAKES I have made up my mind that they are biscuit as there is no way I could ever eat that many cakes in such a short time ...........again techie science comes up with a Definitive answer:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_14:
Horse sh$t. I know plenty of techies who could easily devour a biblical proportion of cakes in one sitting.
In fact I'll bet that you secretly ate whole victoria sponges (with jam and cream) and not Jaffa CAKES. Ha!

S

student-grant

NEQcounter said:
Horse sh$t. I know plenty of techies who could easily devour a biblical proportion of cakes in one sitting.
In fact I'll bet that you secretly ate whole victoria sponges (with jam and cream) and not Jaffa CAKES. Ha!

I may well of done that many moons ago ......mmmmmmmm DCS NOW THERE WAS A CAKE THAT I REMEMBER FIGHTING OVER WHEN DOING A SEE IN ON THE GOOD OLD NIMROD:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_14:

skevans

Flight Sergeant
there is a simple way to solve the jaffa cake or jaffa biscuit debate. try this experiment.

Leave a cake, a biscuit and a jaffa on the kitchen worktop.

Return several hours later and the cakes will be hard and the biscuits soft.

It has always been this way, in fact it is the eleventh commandment that cakes will go hard and biscuits will go soft.

Just to save you the hassle I will tell you that the humble jaffa is a humble cake.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
skevans said:
there is a simple way to solve the jaffa cake or jaffa biscuit debate. try this experiment.

Leave a cake, a biscuit and a jaffa on the kitchen worktop.

Return several hours later and the cakes will be hard and the biscuits soft.

It has always been this way, in fact it is the eleventh commandment that cakes will go hard and biscuits will go soft.

Just to save you the hassle I will tell you that the humble jaffa is a humble cake.

Return several SECONDS later and somebody will have scoffed the cake, biscuit and jaffa
- so this is inconclusive (you know what its like in a fire section) :pDT_Xtremez_28:

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Scaley brat said:
Why's that then, are you a Jaffa ?? :p

No, real family name McVitie, Mumsy and Daddy own the factory.

But poor uncle "Jack the hat" got shot in the "Blind beggar" because the Kray brothers insisted the were biscuits and he corrected them.

AndyZ

Sergeant
MattBombHead said:
In responce to the Poll, i think you will find the following link has ALL the answers

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/biscuits/index.php3

:pDT_Xtremez_28:
Taken from above website

Q. Are Jaffa cakes biscuits.

A. No, no the're not. Apart from being called cakes they obviously have a sponge base. Granted they appear to be some kind of luxury biscuit being chocolate covered and shipping in a box.

CAKE CAKE CAKE

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Here has to be the conclusive proof

http://www.unitedbiscuits.com/80256C1A0047922E/vWeb/pcTSTT5EPGEB

Quote:

The original recipe for McVitie's Jaffa Cakes is a closely guarded secret, the delicious combination of light sponge, dark chocolate and smashing orangey bit in the middle was first created over 60 years ago.

Back in 1991, we fought a battle with the VAT man to prove that Jaffa Cakes are cakes, not biscuits, and therefore should not attract VAT.

D

Dirk Thrust

At the end of the day they are cakes. The Inland Revenue cant be wrong. You pay VAT on biscuits but you dont on cakes. You do not pay VAT on JAFFA CAKES

Status
Not open for further replies.