• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BFG Corner

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
A funny term for a road junction in Roermond, but you all knew where it was and every direction you gave started off with "Go to bfg corner and turn........" Was there anything like this at other stations around BFG aprt from the Hareem (However its spelt) at Wilders?

Last edited:
E

Exdogfukker

Your so right about BFG corner....

Having competed in the 'Bruggen 10' for the last 3 years, I can confirm that the veg shop on BFG corner is still a thriving business.

I

ianisme

I don't think there was anything quite like it at Wilders, though everybody knew the Schnelly I suppose. mm, Jagerschnitzel mit fritten und salat (probably the only German phrase I'll remember, apart from szwei bier bitte!).

R

rockape

GUT and LAR directions....

GUT and LAR directions....

I'd agree with the BP lights at GUT.

At LAR because most went 'over the border' to shop an a Saturday then the Well border shops were a key landmark

S

sex pest

MMMMM Meat

MMMMM Meat

Do any of you BFG lot remember the Dalmatia Grill?? oooh and China Garden oooooooooooh and need i say more?? SHWARMA!!!! (hope that it is spelt right)

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Do any of you BFG lot remember the Dalmatia Grill?? oooh and China Garden oooooooooooh and need i say more?? SHWARMA!!!! (hope that it is spelt right)

Yes, they are all still here and operating well. Shoarma's in Roermond with gallons of garlic sauce, normally in Jerusalem. It's still open also.

T55

Sergeant

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

The Dalmatia was brill as was China Garten. Oh how I miss BFG!

Remember the Chinese in Roermond (AZI I think), a takeaway for 2 would last a week!

S

sex pest

Jerusalem

Jerusalem

It has to be worth a trip over there just to have a Shoarma in Jeruselams again, and i totally agree there must be lashings and lashings of garlic sauce.

However the best ribs that i have ever had were at china garden on the buffet, used to starve for a day so i could gorge on them!!!

Agreed i too miss BFG!!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
You couldn't beat the half kebabs from the Botan Grill in Weeze. I would get one of those on a Friday evening and I wouldn't need to eat again until Sunday!

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Don't want to dissappoint anyone, but Azies in Roermond (Indonesian/Chinese) has closed down. It was another great place. Had a shoarma on Saturday, it was just tremendous. Yes the ribs are still great in the China Garten.

I Scream!

I Scream!

Anyone remember the ice cream parlour in Weeze. Think it was called Alpagos? A ten Deutsch Mark variety bucket could last all week as long as you kept it away from the wife and kids. MMMMMMMMMMM!

E

exerk

Anyone remember the ice cream parlour in Weeze. Think it was called Alpagos? A ten Deutsch Mark variety bucket could last all week as long as you kept it away from the wife and kids. MMMMMMMMMMM!

Alpego's it was...the times my kids thought they were getting creme de menthe on their After 8's :pDT_Xtremez_31: oh happy days!

Will someone please bring back the Cold War :pDT_Xtremez_14:

G

goatblower

we used to use a shwarma gaf in roermond, brit bloke used to work there and we would 'exchange' fags for extra bread...its the small things in life!!!
Always remember a bloke who swore blind he could make it to Calais from Bruggen in under 2 hours.....

C

Caribbeanwind2000

"Always remember a bloke who swore blind he could make it to Calais from Bruggen in under 2 hours....."

I doubt the Bugatti Veyron was available then..... or that he could afford it even if they did military discount.

mmmmmmm...The dalmatia grill. I never did polish off a whole Balkan Platter to myself. Rumour had it that if you finished one on your own and you weren't german, you got it for free!!

As for schwalmer.....I left Bruggen in 94, I still crave for one now especially when I have had a few lagers! Those were the days, great fun and great food and a very good golf course.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

G

gemarriott

mmmmmmm...The dalmatia grill. I never did polish off a whole Balkan Platter to myself. Rumour had it that if you finished one on your own and you weren't german, you got it for free!!

Pride of thehouse between 2, finish it and get it free, well that was true, but you had to finish the lot even the half a loaf of bread that everything was piled around.

I always went with lightweights, couldn't manage their share of the bread.
:pDT_Xtremez_09:

H

HappyG

What about Jerusalems Shoarma place in Roermond. After a night on the lash in the George a maxi schotel no salad with chilli and garlic mmmmmmmmmmmm . How i miss BFG