• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BFG Corner

T

tedder13

Jerusalems

Jerusalems

I 'd heard that the above was now defunked and demolished!!
and as for the dalamation anyone for a Balkan Platter!!!!

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Am sat here now thinking back to all those Schoarma's with Garlic sauce and extra pita's mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

Oh happy days, now I know I need to return to Roermond and take the turn at BFG corner, just need a few petrol vouchers when I get there as I'd love to visit the Rhine in Flames at St Goar this year, have to start saving for a night in Roermond at the big hotel.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
BFG Corner will be no more soon. The cloggies are building a huge bypass round Roermond, and it will incorporate motorway all the way past Bruggen. They've already chopped the trees down at the top of the hill just past Landhotel Cox. No longer will you have to drive through Asenray to get to Calais in 1 hr 50 mins!!

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
I remember the Hareem at Arsbeck, but where was the PINK knocking shop in cloggy land? I seem to think there was one on the road from BFG corner up tio Venlo, but it may have been on the way home past Roermond.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
The Hareem is still there in Arsbeck. Pink is no longer there, but it looks like there's another similar establishment in it's place.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
It was on the back road from Roermond to Venlo. If you remember there were loads on the road from Roermond to Echt. I lived out near Echt on my first tour and there were literally 10-12 establishments on that little stretch of road. You may remember PigAlle as well, before it burnt down in dubious circumstances.

Last edited:

Claustie

LAC
It was on the back road from Roermond to Venlo. If you remember there were loads on the road from Roermond to Echt. I lived out near Echt on my first tour and there were literally 10-12 establishments on that little stretch of road. You may remember PigAlle as well, before it burnt down in dubious circumstances.

Club Lucky 13, Club Masbract :pDT_Xtremez_15:

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
That road from Roermond to Venlo was legendary, during the day everything looked normal and nice houses set in big gardens, come night fall how many flourescent lights could you see??? Almost every house was decked in Green/Blue/Red light and I still never pulled over and stopped.....

Now the FKK that might have been a different matter

M

maxvon

Think it was the 271? -runs all the way up to Nijmegan ish. Did anyone "stumble" across the street in Venlo opposite the Tref Center where every window had a luverly Lady sat in it...!!!!
Why did you always feel compelled to buy utter tat in the Tref center!!! and buy drinks that tasted like bleach........oooh maybe it was bleach!!!
Also top day out at the brewery at Arcen............sooo many brain cells died in the line of duty at LBH.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Yes it's the N271. Yes I remember the windows opposite the Tref centre. Numerous brewery trips, probably the best was to a former monastery in Belgium, fantastic beer. Went to the Aquavit brewery in Aalborg on rugby tour once, stuff tasted like petrol.

Fairynuff31

Corporal
RoeM

RoeM

On top of all this banter about shwarmas, Azies and The China Garden, doe anyone remember Hermans Beer Boutique in Roermond?

I remember if you drank your way through the multi page beer menu, you got a free tee shirt (oh and aqute liver failure after downing Pawel Kwak beer in that mini yard of ale glass and wooden stand)

Jog anyones memory????

Fairynuff31

D

dodgysootie

Full Mental Jackets

Full Mental Jackets

On top of all this banter about shwarmas, Azies and The China Garden, doe anyone remember Hermans Beer Boutique in Roermond?

I remember if you drank your way through the multi page beer menu, you got a free tee shirt (oh and aqute liver failure after downing Pawel Kwak beer in that mini yard of ale glass and wooden stand)

Jog anyones memory????

Fairynuff31
OOOH Yes,
Remember it well, back in the good old days (88-91) me and the boys from the mighty X1V and a few mates from 431 MU used to frequent Hermans and quaff a few kwaks and Duvels before staggering off around Roermond. Happy days. Bring back the cold war Mr Putin.....

DS

Is the barrel bar still in Gut town? Remember having some kind of stew in half a loaf of bread there. The only meal I have had when there was no washing up after you had finished!

M

maxvon

The Three Legged Mare in York sells Kwak and it comes in the "test tube"! great drink ! up there with Carlsberg Elephant Beer and EKU for blackouts and hangovers from hell the day after!

flintwich

Corporal
The Three Legged Mare in York sells Kwak and it comes in the "test tube"! great drink ! up there with Carlsberg Elephant Beer and EKU for blackouts and hangovers from hell the day after!

If you want to try Kwak, look in Morrisons, they sometimes have it on offer.

fatal

Corporal
All the fave german brews

All the fave german brews

You can get all the brews you used to adore from www.beersofeurope.co.uk

55 pages of beers including woobly and bitburger in cans!!!
they even do glasses to match

M

maxvon

Thanks for that ! Think this Chrimbo I'll be mostly drinking Wobbly!!! Good range of booze on there. This is the place near Marham is'nt it ?

B

Bilge Rat

Two places will forever remind me of Wildenrath:
Pop's n Eddies for its mushroom sauce and fine selection of Rheindahlen Kennel Club members and the Ponyhof whore house just over the fence from 92's dispersal.
Of course the Ponyhof was only frequented because they served beer 'til 6am!:pDT_Xtremez_15: