• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone from TIW on here?

S

sentia

Sounds like your IA skills Fisty, you never were too sure of anything:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Sounds like your IA skills Fisty, you never were too sure of anything:pDT_Xtremez_19:

...I may be wrong here, but didn't you fall foul of the "film glue" ploy whilst working in Coversearch? or have I got completely the wrong person?

S

sentia

Don't remember any film glue. Does this bring back a bad memory for you?
Did get my tie stuck in the laminator in A1 once though.

Feeling left out Leccie?

Rosco151

LAC
Leccie seems the jealous type. How Kryten has brought that out I don't know.

I remember hearing about the tie-in-laminator event, can't remember who it was though. Anyone want to out him?

What about the cloud-remover?

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Leccie seems the jealous type. How Kryten has brought that out I don't know.

I remember hearing about the tie-in-laminator event, can't remember who it was though. Anyone want to out him?

What about the cloud-remover?

Ahh the cloud remover....its almost up there with the II RIC ID-10-T Hall of Fame.....

smik

LAC
Hardly happens anymore, but someone was done with the ID-10-T in theatre recently. Mind you, he was a winner. Not really allowed to stitch up newbs anymore.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Hardly happens anymore, but someone was done with the ID-10-T in theatre recently. Mind you, he was a winner. Not really allowed to stitch up newbs anymore.

God, its depressing...I remember when we had new plotters trying to inflate the SA-8 outside II RIC (as was) with a foot pump - it was hilarious!!!

Joking aside, it was things like this that built up confidence, developed senses of humour (God knows people needed one) and made life not so bad....

Last edited:

smik

LAC
I think it was much better when we were in the old RIC buildings (granted, I only arrived when it was 'A' Flight). Having everyone in the HQ building has its pros and cons, but opportunities for a bit of a skive are minimal now.:pDT_Xtremez_21:
Speaking of the SA-8, can only express how glad I am that I was never around when it was time to paint it. Miss Flossy though!

I heard that Fartho has bought the SA-8 and is having it converted into a diamond encrusted Limo and he employes lapdancers with footpumps to 'pump it up' now, aparantly plotters arn't good enough for him!

All from the payout from his ad.

Flash Bast*rd!

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I think it was much better when we were in the old RIC buildings (granted, I only arrived when it was 'A' Flight). Having everyone in the HQ building has its pros and cons, but opportunities for a bit of a skive are minimal now.:pDT_Xtremez_21:
Speaking of the SA-8, can only express how glad I am that I was never around when it was time to paint it. Miss Flossy though!

Ahh yes - painting that behemoth was a critical element of a Station Exercise back in '98....in November as well....

...What happened to Flossy? Did she get a puncture / runny nose?

C

Crabbity Ann

...What happened to Flossy? Did she get a puncture / runny nose?

Um,...(*racking brain*), wasn't Flossy that disgusting perma-****ed-off spider from 13? If so, she was donated to Soapy W's cousin (a spider lover) because nobody else was/could take care of her.

Whilst we're on the topic, Pockets from 2 died a slow and pressumably painful/uncomfortable death when a power cut knocked off his heated tank for the entire christmas break.

The fish I believe were left for 2 Sqn to deal with when we moved to the domestic site. There's now no pets or kit/climbing frames to speak of :S