• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone from TIW on here?

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Off Topic
I want to see if anyone from the Tac IMINT Wing uses this site - I served there from 2002-2004 and I want to see if anythings changed, and if anyone is still keeping the Diary going.

Oh, and lets get some banter going.. I can't believe that there's no banter going with the ScrotoGs.....:pDT_Xtremez_28:

.....Samantha's going out now for an ice cream with her new Italian gentleman friend. She says she's looking forward to licking the nuts off a large Neapolitan.....

Last edited:
Would you like fries with that!!

Would you like fries with that!!

Thankfully managed to avoid Taccy Mint Wing since it's glorious inception!! Had the honour of serving on RICs mind you!! Currently languishing in the Big J where it is impossible to banter with splooshers coz there aren't any left!!
Technology marches on!!!
How McDonalds must have benefited from digital imagery manipulation and many splooshers must have got promoted (some may even be four stars now!!) :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Who?

SNCO Odds and Sods
Served my career ending tour there 02 - 06, their are a few people from TIW on here, not seen much of them for a while though.....prob been banned as it builds morale! :0

Kryten

Warrant Officer
TIW Morale Booster

TIW Morale Booster

Yeah, I keep in touch with people from TIW, as well as former colleagues from II, 13, 39 and 41 RICs, and morale suppression does seem to be in force.

Thats why we need an underground banter site - somewhere where people can blow off steam without getting into poop!

So, anyone who is serving at TIW now needs to spread the word - lets get some good banter going and see where we go!!
:pDT_Xtremez_43:

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
I was there from 04 - 07.

I only know of 'Who?' who i used to work with, other than that, i don't know of any others on here.

From what ive heard, its got a bit better with the new boss re-inventing the wheel again, but not by much. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Kryten

Warrant Officer
[quote=BillyBoy;243067]I was there from 04 - 07.

I only know of 'Who?' who i used to work with, other than that, i don't know of any others on here.

From what ive heard, its got a bit better with the new boss re-inventing the wheel again, but not by much. :pDT_Xtremez_42:[/quote]
We may have passed, like ships in the night - I left what was then 39 TIF in Aug 2004 to go to Honington....

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Ftr Pvr

Ftr Pvr

Nope - I left in Aug 2005, got hired and fired in the same instance from a company in Bristol......now working for a defence company in Frimley, Surrey - a place so grim it makes Marham look like 3 weeks in Las Vegas!

Before that I was on the mighty II (AC) Sqn RIC from 1994 -2000, home of "Pub of the Week" and the rightful home of the Bell. I also did some time on 39 TIF when it was working on the Canberra and sponsered by Stanna....oh, and I was also the first editor of the RIC Diary, which even now sits in the TIW crewroom...

:pDT_Xtremez_34:

Those were the days!!

Those were the days!!

I too was on the shiney II(AC) RIC around that time, from 95-98, then I departed to sunny RIC(NI). Unfortunately not been back to Marham since, although I have sampled the delights of Brampton (twice) and Lossiemouth.

Kryten, did I see you at the Wyton Sgts' Mess Summer Ball last year??

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I too was on the shiney II(AC) RIC around that time, from 95-98, then I departed to sunny RIC(NI). Unfortunately not been back to Marham since, although I have sampled the delights of Brampton (twice) and Lossiemouth.
Kryten, did I see you at the Wyton Sgts' Mess Summer Ball last year??

Oh yes - I was there with a fellow shiney head, although I couldnt stay for too long...

Yeah, noticed you ran away early!! Alcohol tolerance not what it used to be? Reminds me a a story involving a visit to the dentist following a night on the ****!!

Will you be attending again this year and perhaps staying a little longer? List is open.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
You must be liquidated....

You must be liquidated....

Yeah, noticed you ran away early!! Alcohol tolerance not what it used to be? Reminds me a a story involving a visit to the dentist following a night on the ****!!
Will you be attending again this year and perhaps staying a little longer? List is open.

Thats the only problem with websites like this - sooner or later you come up against someone who has all the dirt on you....Mind you, you are right about alcohol tolerances...given that it costs nearly £340 for a pint of beer in Surrey its probably understandable that I now have the drinking capability of a Junior Int O.

When is this years Summer Ball extravaganza? Will you and your lady-wife be attending?

....and where are the rest of the plotters on this website??

:pDT_Xtremez_06: ?

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Here's a question...

Here's a question...

How do I, a mere civilan mortal with hankerings for days gone by, get a copy of "The Informer", a magasine that I am told is "soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent"..?

Here's an answer - not a good one though!!

Here's an answer - not a good one though!!

Yes mate, me and the better half will be going.

Has the other follically challenged one not told you, the ball is on the 18th July and has a world cruise theme apparently (although who really cares about the theme!!!).

Tickets will be around the normal price, which is a damn site cheaper than the £340 you spend for a pint in the stockbroker belt. Hope to see you there!!

As for the Informer, it may be "soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent" but it is also very difficult to track down. Those of us still wearing the coverted blue rarely see a glimpse of this shy beast so good luck in tracking one down!! Perhaps the name is the problem, after all, remember what the IRA used to do to informers!!

:pDT_Xtremez_35:

Kryten

Warrant Officer
As for the Informer, it may be "soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent" but it is also very difficult to track down. Those of us still wearing the coverted blue rarely see a glimpse of this shy beast so good luck in tracking one down!! Perhaps the name is the problem, after all, remember what the IRA used to do to informers!!

Have you got any old examples? Understand if you can't send them to me on a civvy email address - I do have a restricted email account which you could send it to me on if you have one.....

Im a little Oryctolagus cuniculus and you're a Oryctolagus cuniculus too

Im a little Oryctolagus cuniculus and you're a Oryctolagus cuniculus too

PM me your Restricted email addy and I'll see what I can do!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

R

retiredjules

I had the 'pleasure' :pDT_Xtremez_31: of being at Marham on II, 39 and TIW for a grand total of 14 years (bar a 15 month trip to the big J, yuk!) and before that on the mighty 41 - long live the memories! :pDT_Xtremez_27:. Having recently left TIW, morale is not brilliant, but better than it was under previous 'management'. Facebook is fab for keeping/getting in touch with old mates, but this is good a good place for a bit of banter and gossip! Stirring it - any new t-shirts in production?!! As in II Flt's FTW?!

Oh long live sayings like FTRand FTW - it's all part of Service life!! Hurrah!:pDT_Xtremez_43:

Any one from TIW here?

Any one from TIW here?

All the posts on this thread are from People who have been on the RICs or TIW (or in Shiny_Rob's case going to be). Anyone currently on TIW using the Goat or are you all too busy???

Hi retiredjules, just noticed that was your first post on the Goat, welcome to the online home of Crewbar banter!!:pDT_Xtremez_30: