• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wokeful or Woeful?

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Any truth to the rumour that there were 150 peeps brought in and sat in the block on full pay with no courses for them to go on to bump the numbers up?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
And he didn't answer very well or confidently digging deep into his brain for the pre-rehearsed words. From THAT XMAS video to his wokey-ness the bloke has been an embarrassment for the RAF to be taken seriously as a military force.
Still got the rude version if anyone wants a copy. Guaranteed 30 Day Facebook Ban....ask me how I know! 🤣👍

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Any truth to the rumour that there were 150 peeps brought in and sat in the block on full pay with no courses for them to go on to bump the numbers up?
This is a rumour site such "rumours" are in the right place within the hallowed halls of the Goat.
Which camp were they sat at?
Which block or blocks were they all housed in?

Rumours like this need backing up with decent amounts of speculation, conjecture and small percentage of actual facts say 5%.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
This is a rumour site such "rumours" are in the right place within the hallowed halls of the Goat.
Which camp were they sat at?
Which block or blocks were they all housed in?

Rumours like this need backing up with decent amounts of speculation, conjecture and small percentage of actual facts say 5%.

So 8 people sitting in barrack rooms somewhere waiting for a course should do the trick.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My advice would be, and this comes from a good place, don't get involved if you still take the shilling. There's some very aggrieved and angry ppl people out there. It's not worth losing your career over it.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
My advice would be, and this comes from a good place, don't get involved if you still take the shilling. There's some very aggrieved and angry ppl people out there. It's not worth losing your career over it.
They've basically been caught and don't like the fact they have been called out on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
CAS reads the goat??

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
CAS reads the goat??
No, but his minions will. I was once summoned to a chat with OCPMS about a post I made on here which although factually correct, ruffled a few feathers in the ivory Towers of HQ Air. It was an admin FS who had seen my post, and forwarded it to his Wg Cdr who forwarded it to OC Admin. It didnt go down well with said officer when I asked him to show me what I had said that wasnt 100% true. That was the start of the end of my career though as the TG17 black spot was well and truly stuck next to my name.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No, but his minions will. I was once summoned to a chat with OCPMS about a post I made on here which although factually correct, ruffled a few feathers in the ivory Towers of HQ Air. It was an admin FS who had seen my post, and forwarded it to his Wg Cdr who forwarded it to OC Admin. It didnt go down well with said officer when I asked him to show me what I had said that wasnt 100% true. That was the start of the end of my career though as the TG17 black spot was well and truly stuck next to my name.

The previous webmaster of E-Goat had legal papers served over comments made on this site, along with knocks on the door and invitations for chats without coffee more than just a few times.

I've also had to deal with threats of legal action and have also received communications asking me to reveal the identity/identities of pseudonyms who have made comments that obviously cut deep so it does happen.

Under the terms of GDPR, site users are offered a huge amount of privacy protection and requests for user details get filed under B1N regulations. To comply with the legal actions, content was subtly removed from the site and nobody really noticed... although the users involved chose to be deleted.

In Mutty's case, I'm presuming that the pseudonym to person identity was known to other parties?

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
No, but his minions will.

Well, here's a message for the minions from someone who was proud to serve in the Royal Air Force.

Tell the CAS that he needs to stop being a toss-pot and get real- he's a bloody disgrace and needs to ditch his obsession with 'woke' ideas. In case he's overlooked the fact, the purpose of the Armed Forces is to kill the King's enemies and needs the best people available to do that job, and they need to be better than any potential adversary. The Royal Air Force is not the military wing of Stonewall or BLM - it is a fighting service. It should not matter what colour, creed, gender serving personnel are as long as they are up to the job when the chips are down.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
In Mutty's case, I'm presuming that the pseudonym to person identity was known to other parties?

At the time in question, there were around 8 TG17 SNCOs at the location. I can only imagine it was through a process of elimination, starting with the one who had an opinion and spoke up, through to the one who'd kill their granny or abandon their kids for another rung up the greasy pole. I would imagine I was No1 or 2 on their "to speak to" list. The first question I was asked was "Are you familiar with Egoat?"

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The latest story line from on high, nothing to see here, move along, move along, no discrimination, no drop in standards, etc etc move along nothing to see here.
Slight change in tone now it appears the policy may indeed have been a mistake. In other news water is wet and dogs can bark.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Slight change in tone now it appears the policy may indeed have been a mistake. In other news water is wet and dogs can bark.

A lot of us ex-serving (and I still know a good number in) believe Old Woke Wiggo knew it was wrong from the start. I wonder what was driving this then.....OBE / CBE or maybe even a spot in the House of Lords?

Whatever the case, they drill it into all who take the Oath of Allegience to serve with Integrity. It's there, inside AP1 Royal Air Force Core Values and yet he/they have only admitted fault when they had nowhere to hide.

What an example to set.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
"..... Moral courage is also about creating a culture where subordinates are empowered to challenge leaders constructively and leaders are prepared to listen"

AP1

Interesting

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Indeed they do read the goat and PPrune as well. Why many in service people don't post on them anymore. I was once in a meeting of Sqn seniors when the WO eng mentioned someone had been stirring up the shit. I was rapidly deleting posts when I got back to the office. 😙😙😙

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Indeed they do read the goat and PPrune as well. Why many in service people don't post on them anymore. I was once in a meeting of Sqn seniors when the WO eng mentioned someone had been stirring up the shit. I was rapidly deleting posts when I got back to the office. 😙😙😙
Nowadays a VPN and a proton email address gets you anonymous freedom.
We’ve all had that moment of delete immediately!