• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wokeful or Woeful?

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Head of recruiting has now resigned over the issue (apparently)

Seems 'only' a Group Captain has moved to other roles from reading through the various news reports. They'll soon find another to fill the role that is more career minded than the one whom resigned from the role.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
CAS addresses the RAF community ...

The full letter reads:
"You will be well aware of the ongoing focus on the Royal Air Force in the media and on social media, on a number of topics, over the past weeks. I am acutely conscious that the coverage affects us all – whether regular, reserve, civil servant, or contractor – as well as our families and loved ones; and there are legitimate questions being asked which I am determined we will address as a priority.

"I am hugely proud of the passion and commitment I see from you each and every day across all our operational tasks and supporting activity. We have a well-earned reputation for excellence in all that we do to protect the UK, and I, like you, cherish that reputation dearly.

"It is right that when issues are raised we take swift action to address them, and we continue to strive for an open and honest reporting culture within the service. I thank all of you for the part you play in that, our commanders and line managers especially. If you have a concern about an issue or risk that you believe contravenes the values and standards of the service or the Civil Service Code, or exposes the organisation to significant criticism or harm, I encourage you to raise it through the correct channels, your chain of command in the first instance or, if you feel unable to do so for any reason, via the MOD’s confidential helpline or the RAF Police.

"Recent news coverage has addressed our values and standards, our culture and behaviours, and our determination to meet the MOD's level of ambition for diversity. All of this will be the focus of an Air Force Board meeting on 7 September. As a leadership team, we are clear that unacceptable behaviours have no place in our service. We also remain committed to increasing our diversity and I can confirm categorically that neither our operational effectiveness, nor the quality of our new entrants has suffered as a result of our attempts to widen our recruiting from across society.

"We continue to deliver against every operational task asked of us by the government; the RAF is deployed extensively, operationally active, and is indisputably lethal, and nothing in that regard has been or ever will be compromised by our drive to attract and recruit people from the widest pool of talent in the UK workforce.

"We play a critical role in the security and defence of the UK and our allies, and that is where our primary effort must always be. I would ask that commanders and line managers at all levels continue to support your teams, and to ensure nobody feels isolated or marginalised. It is essential now more than ever that we pull together and focus on our essential purpose: global air and space power to protect our nation."

Alot of words and nowt really said about how the problems are going to be fixed.

Lifted from >> Forces.net <<

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
They'll have a meeting and decide something needs to be done, and appoint an Air Commodore, 2 Group Captains, Four Wing Commanders, a dozen Squadron Leaders to review the policy and report back in 12 months.

Box ticked and 19 additional Commissioned jobs created.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
They'll have a meeting and decide something needs to be done, and appoint an Air Commodore, 2 Group Captains, Four Wing Commanders, a dozen Squadron Leaders to review the policy and report back in 12 months.

And that's after the "comprehensive" review which involves interviewing the Gp Capts on each station. "No issues here!!".

"Thanks for that Gp Capt..just what we thought!. Baldrick...Next RAF Station...Get my MT car...."

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Awesome physic powers MWD, you don't have 6 good lottery numbers to hand do you? They are now holding an inquiry into the policy. Sadly no mention if your staffing level predictions are correct.

"Last night Chief of the Air Staff Sir Mike Wigston said the RAF had launched an inquiry into how such a controversial policy was devised and very nearly implemented."

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Remember now Gents. It's a POLICY issue.... NOT an issue of individuals failing professionally and personally. IT's a POLICY issue.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Remember now Gents. It's a POLICY issue.... NOT an issue of individuals failing professionally and personally. IT's a POLICY issue.
Policies don’t write themselves, unless there’s a new AI bit out there I’ve not heard about.

Someone with more influence than a Gp Capt was obviously under the undue influence of organisational pressures or had gone rogue in order to get a gold star.

Cat Techie

Sergeant
Licensed A/C Eng
Woke Air Farce. 99 percent of us that post on here are not in the Woke air Farce now and actually have no real idea what the fook we are moaning about. Not part of if so our opinions are worth fook all squared. I laugh at people that think their opinion is.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The latest story line from on high, nothing to see here, move along, move along, no discrimination, no drop in standards, etc etc move along nothing to see here.

"Air Chief Marshal Sir Mike Wigston, head of the RAF, who today insisted there had been 'absolutely no drop in operational standards' amid the recruitment row. 'There was no discrimination against any group, no standards were dropped, there was no discrimination against any group,'"

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
He sounded far more like any politician and answered with the party line each time. Didn't really answer any of the questions.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
He sounded far more like any politician and answered with the party line each time. Didn't really answer any of the questions.
And he didn't answer very well or confidently digging deep into his brain for the pre-rehearsed words. From THAT XMAS video to his wokey-ness the bloke has been an embarrassment for the RAF to be taken seriously as a military force.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And he didn't answer very well or confidently digging deep into his brain for the pre-rehearsed words. From THAT XMAS video to his wokey-ness the bloke has been an embarrassment for the RAF to be taken seriously as a military force.

That's what I'm hearing from serving personnel. They want to " see the RAF become a fighting force again instead of the military branch of Stonewall...and that starts with putting Wigston out to grass". (Paraphrased from a conversation with a serving Flight Sergeant)