• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wobbly

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Okay, to kick this section off I will introduce myself.

Im a Sootie/Sumpy (take a look at the goatopedia for an explanation) who has been in the mob since the mid eighties. I have worked on Andovers, F4's (BFG) Tornadoes GR2 and 4's (BFG & St Athan) and C130K and J's. I have been studying for an IT with the OU for the last 5 years and have used the knowledge gleaned from it to make this web portal.

After a long discussion about ARRSE both Bitburger and myself chatted about the possibilty of me doing a site along the same lines. The name, by the way, came from a rag mag produced at our Squadron after a wind up with Lockheed Martin when we received our new aircraft.

Anyway, after a massive decline in morale due to everything thats happened over the last 20 years meant that people were more inclined to stay quiet rather than voice their concerns. That is why the e-goat was conceived. Its main function is to provide us with a way to voice our concerns and be totally anon. However, it seems to have become a Virtual crew room with all the fun and antics, apart from setting each other on fire. :pDT_Xtremez_32:

Anyway, thats a quick "me" and what ive done.........

Last edited:

matkat

SAC
Joined up in 1976 as a sootie posted to Lossie then to XV at Laarbruch(78-81) then to Leuchars (81-82) Gutersloh (82-83) onto fitters course(APF 59) Jan-July 83 and then posted to Leuchars till PVR July 1989, got licensed and type rated B747 between 1992 and 1999 then worked Line maintenance in various locations worldwide, left the "shop floor" in 2002 and went into aircraft maintenance planning am currently employed as a QA surveyor on a major UK defence project involving converted Bombardier BD 700 business jets which are due to enter service late this year early next, still live close to Leuchars.

T

Tojo

Joined 86 as an 'old school' AmechW. Posted Coltishall Role/Gun Bay 'til '89 then bimbled over to Gutersloh to wiggle my round various sections in the Armoury until '93. Posted to Conningsby, was offered my fitters course whereupon I managed to mangle myself and my motorbike big time.

Was med discharged in '96 with dodgy hearing after healing all my bones! (nice little war pension 'cos it was sevice attributable) and now work as a graphic designer tooling about with websites mostly, living in Wiltshire.

Still think about what may hve been - constantly - but from the general 'feel' it's seems I picked my time well as 'things ain't what they was'...

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Ok. Joined in 85 as a Rigger DE (abuse to follow no doubt!). Was on 115 Andovers with Wobbly 86-88 with a nice 6 months Det on 74 F4J's in between. Then 18 Wokka's at Gutersloh till just after GW1. Back to 74 till it got binned in 92. 4 years in Base Hangar on VC10's then my 3rd sent me to AMF Kinloss in 96-99. Managed to get on to C130J's at Lyneham then for 5 years when it all began and KC started the Orbiting Goat. Nice 14 months in Cyprus followed till 05 then my CT promotion sent me to Wyton! Trying like mad to get back to Lyneham or Brize but no Fcuking luck! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

T

The Masked Geek

Joined up Feb 92 as a DE L Tech/TC.

JT by Aug 93 and 8 years on TCW followed where I learned Data-comms, Sat-comms, beer drinking, smoking and how to disguise myself as a tree.

Moved to North Yorkshire with my tapes back-end of 01, after my eyes had over-adjusted to the green uniform, and built the IT network that they had before some fat-boy ****** took over and trashed it. All that work. :'(

4 years later and I'm a TG4 CIS-TECH.

I'm currently sitting in Lancashire in a pretty sharp suit, bringing new aircraft IT support systems into service, building web-enabled applications from scratch and generally having a bloody good time.

T

thegobbiecabbie

Joined Jun '84 as an MTD

Been stationed as per the following:

St Mawgan 84 - 89
431 MU Bruggen 89 - 94
Uxbridge 94 - 95
St Athan 95 - 00
Bruggen 00 - 02
Odiham 02 - 06

Studied IT with the OU for 4 years like Wobbly and jointly own a Web Design company in Hampshire with over 300 clients. (Give me a shout if you need any help Wobbly).

Been a Website Developer/Designer for the last 6 years and due to out after 22 years next year, just biding my time really.

Active member of the Open Source community providing XHTML/CSS templates.

That's me,

Cheers.

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Class of '75
Ground Radios -
Leuchars 75 -76 - off to sunny Weston super sludge for my FT course...
Finningley 77 - 79
Bruggen 79 - 82
Marham 82 - 85
Gutersloh 85 - 89
Staxton Wold 89 - 91 (with Mt Kent in between...)
North Luffenham 91 - 98 (GRSC)
Sealand (Jeez...) 98
Waddington - they let me play with aeroplanes there! 98 - 99
Halton (TDSU) 99 - 00
Civvy St 00 - forever!
Now working for one of the largest IT companies in Europe

S

Squashed

OK then, here goes.....

Joined in 86 as a radar DE
87 - 92, MCS bay at Wattisham
92 - 93, Laser bay at Honington
93 - 01, II(AC) at Marham (assimilated to Eng Tech Av in 94)
01 - now, Typhoon project at Warton (probably will be assimilated to a Lecky soon!)

The only job I didn't really enjoy was the bay thing at Honington. II(AC) at Marham was excellent, as is my current post working with Industry. I guess I've been fairly lucky really.

dantura

Geeky Fuelly Type
Joined in '88 Stacker of HM's finest duvet's.
Marham '88-'93
Bruggen '93-'96
Brize '96-'96
TSW Stafford '96-'02
Brize '02 - present (training guy's to stack Avtur now)

OOA's & dets
2 x FI's, 2 x Norway, 2 x Saudi, 5 x Bosnia, Oman, Lots of NI's, Goose, States, France, Belgium, Deci, Cyprus, lots and lots of Ex's all over mainly with TSW...never been to Gib???

best time ever - Bruggen

Did crap at school but made up in mob by doing 3 A lvls, HNC in IT and HND in software engineering (Java 1.3 and VB6... outdated now)
currently following in wifes footsteps and doing a law degree....Use your allowance and day release chaps, Aunty Betty actually gives you money and time off!!!

Definately leaving at my 22.

D

Last edited:
T

Tigger

Might as well add my tuppence worth.
Joined in 89 as an A mech, went straight to Kinloss (Nimrod Line Sqn), then did a bit attached to AMF. From there went to 230sqn at Aldergrove working on Pumas and Chinooks. Some eejit decided I should do a fitters course, so off I went to Cosford, then from there to PASF at RAF Benson, managed to escape onto 33sqn. Then applied and got onto 28 (AC) Sqn on the Merlin.
Decided enough was enough, didn't fancy promotion into the same job I was doin and jumped ship after 15 years, commuted my pension and joined the police. Hoping to get into firearms or traffic after stint on the crime investigation team.

(Beware anyone from MT I catch commiting driving offences, not that I'm bitter !....Long story ) :pDT_Xtremez_25:

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Joined March 85 as sootie mech, first posting 55 at Marham, hence Avatar. EROS at Saints 90-93, 14 at Bruggen 93-96, Coningsby-Woodhall Spa 96-97,14 at Bruggen 97-2000, Aldergrove 2001-2004, Odiham 2004.

Marham, sh*t camp, great Sqn.
Saints, sh*ite camp, sh*te section. Very defenition of the word sh*te taken to new level by both camp and section. Wobbly joined the party a few weeks after me!
Bruggen, Quality what more can I say.
Coningsby, should have been better than it was (rocket Ron ran the engine bay like his personal unit!) at least you could get draught Wobbly at the Bluebell.
Bruggen, see previous, took up swish-fcuk.
Aldergrove, good time had Northern Ireland I can highly recommend, but impending changes meant I left at probably a good time,but it's an area I would revisit as a civvy.
Odiham, camp and area not as bad as previously informed but amount of pointless change and manner of execution means I'm glad I'm out soon!!!

M

monobrow

Obviously the smally.

Joined march 2000
Left trade training Jul 2001
Joined 9 sqn at Marham Jul 2001 - present.

Last edited:
G

GTFPDQ

Joined 78, LMechAR, posted Lossie in the bay, then fitters course in 83. Then to F4-Ks at Leuchars. Posted to Wildenrath in 85 on F4Ms last posting as I PVRd in 89. Left far to early, loved it, the crack and the guys I worked with. After leaving in 89 it was sh1tsville UK, couldnt settle down. Ended up working in defence anyway, moved to Canada in 97 and havent looked back...... other than joining E-Goat.

Thats it in a nutshell...... see you in the forums.

T

tedder13

Joined 83,Harrier Force,Collyweston Bomb Dump,
87,Fitters Course,
88-55 Sqn,hence i know The ladF!
89-95 14 sqn,
95-96 Tac Arm Sqn,
96-99 9 Sqn,
99-2004 Tac Arm Sqn
2004-2006 5131 (BD)
Sqn.:pDT_Xtremez_28: Remember IYAAYAS!!!

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Joined up in November 88 as an AMechW. Posted to Coltishall til 98 doing the rounds in the gun/role bay, bomb dump and then AMF. Did a short spell at Kinloss March-Octber 98 and then posted to Marham ( for some reason lost in the depths of time it was voluntary). Spent a couple of years in the bays til 04 when on promotion I was posted in to the NVQ cell at Marham (still don't know who I ****ed off that much to deserve it). But there is light at the end of the tunnel (and its not a train), PVR'd earlier this year (when there were no redundancies for plumbers in tranche 3)and get out at the end of this year. When I will be packing my bags and going to live the dream in New Zealand. Its a little daunting but exciting at the same time and I'm really looking forward to it. Somewhere in the middle of all that did GW1, Gioia x3 and Afganistan.

p.s. No need for people to carry any bags I already have a small army of volunteers.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited:
B

Bluntend

Plumber said:
...when I will be packing my bags and going to live the dream in New Zealand.

Well, Plumber me old mucker, you and Mrs P will have to pop round for a pint and a barbie when me and Mrs Bluntend arrive in NZ. I take it you too are part of the mass exodus as well?

Right then... (Bluntend steps up to the parapet and sticks head over the top)

...I'm an EngO who was born when most of you guys were joining up. Done a few good tours here and there. Like Hogwarts BEngO, I was one of the unlucky ones who didn't get a PC so effectively told to sling my hook by PMA later this year. Fortunately, the RNZAF have made me an offer too good to refuse so me the missus, the dog and 20 cubic meters of our treasured possessions will be shipping out for a new life down under later this year (along with many others).

During my short yet rewarding career, I have always found the people that I have worked with (and often for) are what makes the job as satisfying as it is. I've had some great times with orrificer and oik alike and although sad that soon I'll be handing in this uniform, I'm happy with the way things are heading. This time next year I'll still be the same rank, still in a similar shade of blue, but in a part of the world that I'd never expected to end up (in a good way!!).

So anyway, if there is anyone else out there jetting off to serve in HM Kiwi Air Force, feel free to get in touch.

Cheers all,

Bluntend.

Penguins Suck

Snap yous spine
1000+ Posts
Right then Yous lot listen in

I was born in 71 and joined the raf in 90, cos i was to c lewver for the army, I'm from peth in scotland, and I fycukinmg hate yous english twe@ts cos yous think you football team is the best. some of yous teccy cnut give me grif becase I'm guinger, and got a raf tach, but I knows I look better than them fat cnut.

1990 Joned the RAF and after doing recruit trainiung at Swinderby and Basic Gunner Training at the RAF Regiment depot in Caterick, was posted to II Squadron RAF Regiment, RAF Hullavington, Wiltshire.)

1993 Posted to 33 Squadron RAF, a Support Helicopter Squadron based at RAF Odiham, Hampshire. Where first began to hate teccies cos they all thought thety was better than me. i used to bbeast them on exersizes and even made one of the lazy tw@ts cry

1995 Deployed with the Support Helicopter Force to Ploce dock in croata as part of the UN Rapid Reaction Force to the Former Yugoslavia. I was one of the bravest in the corps, and took no sh!t from any of the locals

1996 posted to 3 Sqn at Aldergrove in Northern Ireland..

2000 posted to The queens Colour squadron / No 63 Squadron Royal Air Force Regiment, at RAF Uxbridge. Thats why ihate all yous scrufy lazy tossers cos yous coulnd look as smart as what i did

2002 went to promotion course at the RAF Regiment depot and was prommoted to corprol

Not telling yous lot where i am now, so that yous will be wary when yous are doing CCS.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Rigga.

Rigga.

Old Git.
Joined in 1975 age 17.5
Swinderby for walking in lines, firing guns & sniffin' stuff.
Halton, Mech's Course HAMA 1/75
Tern Hill, 75-76. Whirlwinds 1st Line
Shawbury, 76-79. Whirlwinds, 1st & 2nd Line
Fitters Course, 79-80. (Halton, AAF 42)
Honington, 80. Bucc & Hunter ASF, 2nd Line
208, 80-81. Bucc & Hunter, 1st Line
Laarbruch, 81-83. Bucc ASF 2nd Line
Bruggen, 83-84. 431MU, 4th Line
Odiham, 84-89 MESF, Xmsn Bay & FI (When I got my first CAA Licences) 1st & 2nd Line
Guetersloh, 89-93 Chinooks 18 & PCSF & Saudi/Kuwait & FI, 1st & 2nd Line
Laarbruch, 93-94 Chinooks PCMF, 2nd Line
Coningsby, 94-96 F3 Mods, 3rd Line
Laarbruch, 69-99 Harrier Pipe Audit & MEAS SLQA, 2nd Line
PVR'd.
KLM UK Engineering, QA Surveyor, 99-2004. (737 Rated)
Now an Airworthiness Surveyor for a rather large charter airline.

G

gemma

Well reading everybody else's makes me sound very dull...
Sep-Nov 98 Basic Training Halton
Nov 98-Jan 99 Held at DERA Boscombe Down waiting to start trade training (and got done for underage drinking, not a good start to my career!)
Jan-Mar 99 Trade Training as an AATC at Shawbury
Mar 99-Dec 02 Station Ops at Brize (loved that job)
Jan 03-Dec 04 Got promoted to Cpl and went to Cottesmore tower (hated that job)
Got selected for JATCC Dec 04-Jun 05, (thank god I passed)
Jun 05-present Lossie ATC (still making my mind up)
And no, I'm not a fast tracker (for anyone who cares about the weird and wonderful workings of TG9)

See, told you it was dull......

Tino

LAC
Joined Jul 79 as armourer, finished at Cosford round May Jun (ish) 1980

First real posting was to Honnington on 216 Sqn (Buccaneer) Was there for 3 weeks before moving up to Lossie as part of the advance for the Buccs moving up north....3 weeks being the total time spent posted to a camp in England in my whole career. The Buccs were grounded at the time, so when not unloading waggons full of kit we spent time working on the Hunters on 2 TWU, or the odd Hunter that popped up from Honnington.

Rest of the Sqn arrived as did the Buccs, not enough frames remained to keep two Maritime Attack Sqns on the go, so an airship arrived and told us all we were now 12(B) Sqn. Had 4 brilliant years working 1st line Buccs, proper armourers jet, left Feb 84 after returning from Op Pulsator (Buccaneers flew through Beirut, not over)

Spent about 8 months in the Armoury at Lossie (CBLS Bay)

Oct 84 got tapes and moved accross to the Bomb Dump.

Jul 86 Posted to 43(F) Sqn Leuchars, stayed there for 6 years, enjoyed working on the mighty Toomb and QRA. Sqn got Tornado F3's round 89ish sad to see the Phantom go.

Jul 92 AGSE Bruggen, fun time.

Jun 95 - Jun 96 Back to Leuchars, this time on 111 Sqn. Gen app for Germany quickly submitted.

Jul 96 - Jul 99 Missile Launcher Bay Bruggen, without doubt the best 2nd Line tour I ever did, good set of lads and family loved the MQ Site at Wildenrath.

Jul99 - Apr 06 Got 3rd and posted to Lossie on 12(B) Sqn, now with Tornado GR1B/4, but still one of the best FJ Sqns in the RAF and a great place to end my time in the mob.