• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What the flip is this all about?

TrickyTree

Sergeant
The week before last, just as I passed through the main gate on my way to work, I was glared at by a female copper. The reason she glared at me was because she could hear, through my still wound down window, that I had burst out laughing as I caught sight of her. Why did I do that? Because this young lady was, at a quarter to 8 in the morning on an RAF camp, walking to work whilst wearing a flippin' stab vest!

A couple of hours ago I was (on my day off, what a good little airman I am!) on camp again, in the gym. As I was on the cross-trainer I spied, through the window, a male copper this time, again wearing a stab vest.

What the flip is going on? I'm sorry, but rightly or wrongly the rest of the RAF has a low opinion of out white-capped colleagues anyway, without them dressing up in such clown attire? Where the flip do they think they are - down-town "Tott'nam" in the height of the riots? It's flippin' ridiculous!

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe RAF camps are nowhere near as secure as I've been led to believe for the last quarter of a century and maybe they are in fact flippin' dangerous, full of low-life and criminal gangs. In that case - they're dangerous for ALL of us, not just coppers. So can I have a stab vest, too - I mean, I don't want to get hurt either!

It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen or heard of. And I'm afraid to say that while I do not condone (though nor do I condemn) the ridicule RAFP get - flippin' hell, you don't half deserve it sometimes!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Almost as funny as the AES dog fiddlers who've taken to wearing black combats....******

Stand by for a boring spiel from the filth about how its PPE or something...;)

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Started seeing that sort of 'attire' down MPA when they were usually found raiding our common rooms to make sure we weren't boozing. :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Mind you, at one point one of the Ghurkas did go a little Chicken Oriental with his knife one night in an argument over a young lady he had desires for.......

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Started seeing that sort of 'attire' down MPA when they were usually found raiding our common rooms to make sure we weren't boozing. :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Mind you, at one point one of the Ghurkas did go a little Chicken Oriental with his knife one night in an argument over a young lady he had desires for.......

Ghurkha with a Kukri versus copper in a stab vest.......no contest.

Dragoon

Sergeant
I saw this a week or two ago whilst at a summer ball.

I'd had a few drinks, and as other people were filtering in the venue, two RAF coppers amble in with the stab vests, and loads of kit strapped to their utility belts.

I've only been out the mob eight months, and I'd not seen them wearing that kit before. I thought something was kicking off big style, or that the base was on Red Alert! (or whatever it's called, where gate guard have to don helmets and CBA!)

Does seem a little excessive, but then don't most CivPol wear the stab vests now as standard, so RAFPol are just following suit?

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Come on resident scuffers! Let us know the gen or are you a tad embarrassed at being told to wear it etc?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Have you lot been asleep?

The first occasion I can think of when I saw a RAF copper in a stab vest as standard must been 8 or 9 years ago at STM.

It was a rotund one too, had all the pouches stuffed with mars bars!

L

Little Tronk

If they just copy real scuffers, how long till we see bike patrols................forget that, they're too feckin lazy!

Stab vests, whatever next? Shinies with computer skills?

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Have you lot been asleep?

The first occasion I can think of when I saw a RAF copper in a stab vest as standard must been 8 or 9 years ago at STM.

It was a rotund one too, had all the pouches stuffed with mars bars!
Probably related to the Honington 'Kit Kat Kids'.

Fu Fu Valve

Sergeant
I've seen them doing bike patrols at ISK..... nice blue bikes with yellow refective tape and POLICE on them.... Not long ago the liney's would have had one of them away!

Northern Monkey

Corporal
Does this mean as a techie I should be walking about permanently with ear-defs on, toe-tectors on etc?
Its all a bit quiet on the scuffer front at present!! Wait out!:pDT_Xtremez_34:

squipper

Corporal
Whilst Grd Cdr at a certain training base a few years ago I refused to attend a punch up in the JR Club and called the Civ Police. I was summoned to the Stn Cdrs office to explain the following morning. I stated that I was there for security and the RAFP were trained in public order, oh and they had all the stab vests, cuffs etc. I asked who was more likely to be stabbed or glassed, us attending a drunken punch up or the RAFP whilst they were in bed?
I was thanked for my input and sent to bed!! The Orders were changed after that, but they still wear the vests!!!

shettie

Flight Sergeant
I've seen them doing bike patrols at ISK..... nice blue bikes with yellow refective tape and POLICE on them.... Not long ago the liney's would have had one of them away!

I can do a lot better that THAT! mid-70's the plod doing container checks used to do them on a RAF Treader - kept him fit - the bike must have weighed 2cwt!