• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Boots With MTP?

D

dozyscopie1

At my super-secret location we were given on by the JFACC rep that came a visiting

It was JFACC that I first saw with them on about 4 weeks ago. We got our pretty ones off the support team at Northolt.

N

NotAnIDOYet

It was JFACC that I first saw with them on about 4 weeks ago. We got our pretty ones off the support team at Northolt.

They do love a badge at JFACC! Not too sure that they will go with a brown boot though!

KingGuin

Sergeant
Folks I'm in NATOLAND and I dont have access to APs etc. Internet only had AP1358 is AL 14, no sign of the DIN. Can anyone send me a linky thing the AL 15 and/or the DIN? My understanding is tucked in sleeves down unless its hot!
Cheers. KG

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I'm just up the road from you and all the zobs here are sleeves down, tucked in and brown boots....

LilStill

Sergeant
Folks I'm in NATOLAND and I dont have access to APs etc. Internet only had AP1358 is AL 14, no sign of the DIN. Can anyone send me a linky thing the AL 15 and/or the DIN? My understanding is tucked in sleeves down unless its hot!Cheers. KG
Have ripped out the text from both for you, but you need to delete some PM's before I can send... typical clerk inbox! ;)

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Tucked in when in normal peacetime locations ie pouncing around stations when you should be wearing blues or you're a gunner.

Untucked when on combat ops or undertaking operational training - ie when there is actually a point to wearing the stuff.

Sleeves generally warn down; however, can be rolled up at the discretion of the individual dependent on weather and/or activity.

KingGuin

Sergeant
Tucked in when in normal peacetime locations ie pouncing around stations when you should be wearing blues or you're a gunner.

Untucked when on combat ops or undertaking operational training - ie when there is actually a point to wearing the stuff.

Sleeves generally warn down; however, can be rolled up at the discretion of the individual dependent on weather and/or activity.

Or in direct support to Ops which, in my secret location, apparently means when one is in a VTC with an Ops area!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
In the UK can you wear the MTP rank tab's or do you have to wear the blue ones ?

I think you need to ask yourself which style is more likely to get you laid - and if none of them influence that happy occurrence, then it really doesn't matter.

Thanks for the referance, some people seem to think they can wear what they want with MTP, but I reckon we should be proud to show we are RAF and display it as much as possable..

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Ok managed to google AP 1358 and no mention in there of what colour rank tab's and it's up to AL16, so does that mean you can wear MTP rank slides and get away with it ?

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafiles/0F19E065_5056_A318_A83C614494292B03.pdf

2012 DIN 01-157 details then RAF's rules on PCS(CU) in advance of an update to the AP.

Rules are blue rank when at home (ie peacetime).

MTP when on combat ops, op tag etc although local commander may authorise blue rank to be worn. (HERRICK dress regs permit RAF personnel on MOBs to wear blue rank)

The Falkands in not an Op but an Permanent Joint Operating Base manned by people on detachment (Op CORPORATE finished 30 years ago) hence, probably, why blue is the colour.

That DIN is not available on or has been removed from Airspace, and I can not find it in the MOD site
I wonder then if it's still current ? and AP 1358 is up to Al 16 so they have had lots of time to amend it, and no mention of Blue rank slide's. How strange that you can not referance dress req's for MTP ?

Last edited: