• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Boots With MTP?

D

dozyscopie1

Many generations of our predecessors seem to have managed pretty well in blues or - in places like Malaysia - KD.

Anyway, you would have noted that my comment referred to duties at home - or are you constantly on exercise (which - AT aside - is training for ops).

Fair play. Exercises is training for ops.
I still won't agree with you that I should be wearing blues when I work on my kit. We are a deployable section, it is in the title of my role and section before you ask, so I would prefer to do my day to day work in the stuff I deploy in. When not working on it and sat around the office i will wear my blues,no problem there as that's not often.
I will be interested to see if JAPPLE and 1ACC are going to be wearing blues come the end of August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Fair play. Exercises is training for ops.
I still won't agree with you that I should be wearing blues when I work on my kit. We are a deployable section, it is in the title of my role and section before you ask, so I would prefer to do my day to day work in the stuff I deploy in. When not working on it and sat around the office i will wear my blues,no problem there as that's not often.
I will be interested to see if JAPPLE and 1ACC are going to be wearing blues come the end of August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would depend if they get/have RAF 2 star approval to wear RAF No3 dress. An option that is open to your unit should your chain of command wish to pursue it.

Not tempted to try blue-grey PCS as it would appear to both meet your requirement for a practical uniform and meet the Service's desire to be predominately blue?

ScoobTech

Sergeant
Surely if you are on training deployment / Mil skills PDT then PCS is what you should be wearing. Sat in home base prepping kit for ops blues with coveralls.

I think your ability to follow this and other such trivial requests to the letter [or not] is directly proportional to the amount of time you will continue to be in the RAF...If this sort of thing gets your computer monitor covered in vitriol powered spittle then whether you realise it yet or not your time is coming to an end...If you can shrug it off and whistle a tuneless dit as you stroll off to your duties you are staying in for the duration.

The following is a massive bite:

I'm quite capable of following orders. I think my CS95 should be untucked, but I tuck the jacket in and crack on because that's what I'm told to do. Funnily enough, out in the real world I'm quite good at doing as I'm told.

BUT! That doesn't mean that I can't express an opinion here, anonymously and as a way of letting off steam.

The attitude of 'just follow trivial requests to the letter' is why we loose wars like Iraq and Afghanistan. The peace time, non-thinking types are the only ones left.

Or do you not see a problem with the fact that the Canadian or Australian approach is "how can we equip our troops to fight and win wars?" while ours is "how can we look different from the army?"

I resent the 'I'm better than you' tone of your post, but will conceed that yes, I'm probably an auggie rather than a regular for those reasons. I joined up to fight wars, not get ****ed about and look pretty for the CAS.

In summary: I will shrug it off and go about my duties out there on planet earth, but that doesn't mean I can't come on the internet and point out just how chuffing stupid it is.

CHOMP!

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The following is a massive bite:

I'm quite capable of following orders. I think my CS95 should be untucked, but I tuck the jacket in and crack on because that's what I'm told to do. Funnily enough, out in the real world I'm quite good at doing as I'm told.

BUT! That doesn't mean that I can't express an opinion here, anonymously and as a way of letting off steam.

The attitude of 'just follow trivial requests to the letter' is why we lose wars like Iraq and Afghanistan. The peace time, non-thinking types are the only ones left.

Or do you not see a problem with the fact that the Canadian or Australian approach is "how can we equip our troops to fight and win wars?" while ours is "how can we look different from the army?"

I resent the 'I'm better than you' tone of your post, but will conceed that yes, I'm probably an auggie rather than a regular for those reasons. I joined up to fight wars, not get ****ed about and look pretty for the CAS.

In summary: I will shrug it off and go about my duties out there on planet earth, but that doesn't mean I can't come on the internet and point out just how chuffing stupid it is.

CHOMP!

Off Topic Sorry, corrected that for you.

D

dozyscopie1

Not tempted to try blue-grey PCS as it would appear to both meet your requirement for a practical uniform and meet the Service's desire to be predominately blue?

I would give them a go. One of my mates said he saw a couple of lads in it down here.

miniboo

SAC
A DIN has come out saying all RAF are to where it tucked in and also with blue rank tabs and a new replacement RAF badge to replace the TRF.

Hopefully it will be Royal Air Force mudguards, that would upset a few people

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
A DIN has come out saying all RAF are to where it tucked in and also with blue rank tabs and a new replacement RAF badge to replace the TRF.

Hopefully it will be Royal Air Force mudguards, that would upset a few people

I hope that it won't be mudguards as - IIRC - there is not a tradition of such badges.

How about using the Eagle (as in No1 dress) on the shoulders of FSs and below (either blue or black on MTP)? It is historic (it was good enough for our predecessors in WWII) and they don't look like anything the Army wears.

D

dozyscopie1

The badge is a tan colour with Royal Air Force and the roundel on it. Seen some people with that and the lovely pink Olympic one on already.

D

dozyscopie1

To make him look like a c*ck?

Guess I will be looking like a c*ck on Thursday then when I get given mine and told to replace my present patch with that new Olympic one until it is over. Coming to think of it I bet there are loads of c*cks at Northolt and around the Olympics just now with that lovely pink patch on.......

D

dozyscopie1

The way understand it the Olympic patch is for venue security staff only. (i.e. The unlucky 3500)

There are loads of us at Northolt with it on. I have been told to wear it as we are working in direct support to the bollox that is the Olympics.

Off Topic Sorry, corrected that for you.

You know...I even saw it and was too busy being ranty and childish to correct it myself. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Cheers. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

The badge is a tan colour with Royal Air Force and the roundel on it. Seen some people with that and the lovely pink Olympic one on already.

Like the Air Cadets one?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Well, it looks like we'll be getting a nice brown set of boots to wear with MTP, and are being rolled out 'later this year'...

Just seen it in the MOD home page thingy that pops up when you log on to DII...

N

NotAnIDOYet

There are loads of us at Northolt with it on. I have been told to wear it as we are working in direct support to the bollox that is the Olympics.

At my super-secret location we were given on by the JFACC rep that came a visiting