• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Boots With MTP?

S

Swifty245

Wondering if anyone can help with this one.

What boots should be worn with MTP whilst in the UK? I have seen guys wearing both black and desert issue and I couldn't find anything written down anywhere?

Personally I think desert looks better but would rather stay on the right side of the SWO :pDT_Xtremez_26:

Cheers.

I've seen the Army wear black boots with MTP if away from their respective units when visiting a secret ISTAR base. If still in somewhat doubt, get your SNCO to give old SWO a call.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Wear your black ones then no one can moan at you. Easy. I saw a Squabbling Bleeder wearing his desert ones the other week and I must admit, he looked a right chod.

Last edited:
D

dozyscopie1

I wear black with mine, was told off for wearing desert ones. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

B

bluetonic

Black is the correct boot to be worn in the UK (at the moment, new type boots are coming!)

E

enginesuck

MTP looks ****e full stop. The first MTP iteration was alright but unless on ops - it look crap. I know it will save money in the long run having one combat uniform but to be honest i just think it looks wrong

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
PCS CU is not designed to be smart it is designed to be functional in the field.

No2 Service Dress (RAF) and Barrack Dress (Army) is designed to be a 'smarter' uniform for working dress.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
It is black boots in the UK and Desert boots in the ...... Erm.......Desert. Really the clue is in the name.

That together with the fact that not everyone will own a pair of desert boots but we will all have black combat boots.

I believe in time we will get a "one boot colour for all situations" in the form of brown boots.

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
MTP looks ****e full stop. The first MTP iteration was alright but unless on ops - it look crap. I know it will save money in the long run having one combat uniform but to be honest i just think it looks wrong

Good job it's not a fashion parade then.

ERT

Corporal
Its only a problem if you get caught..

Anyhows, desert boots aint too good in the rain.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
At Sleaford Tech i have seen people in MTP with desert or black boots. I am also on a course soon and the JI stated with MTP black boots or desert boots are acceptable!

Nice to have a choice!!