• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top Gear back

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So Top Gear is back on the tv tonight. Anybody going to be watching? I used to be a fan but I fear they'll be flogging the same old dead horse this series and may not bother....

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Yeah, I will be. It's either TG or Call The Bloody Midwife.

To an extent, TG is getting a bit dog-eared round the edges and could do with a bit of a revamp. However, it's the presenters who make the show and the chemistry is always as strong as ever, despite reports and opinions to the contrary. Three guys who genuinely are friends and keep the banter and laughs going. It's a winning formula and I just can't see the Beeb fiddling with their flagship primetime show just yet - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. For now at least.

I admit, I miss some of the challenges that they used to do - cars v flying/sailing/rail travel, etc, or throwing themselves round some of the world's great driving roads. More of that wouldn't go amiss, after all I've used the show as an inspiration of where to go on my hols, especially in Europe and have tried some of the roads they've used on several occasions.

G

grumpyoldb

I've been watching some of the old series on iplayer and I must admit that some of the stunts are now getting a bit OTT. I'll watch the new series with an open mind mainly because there isn't much competition at the moment.

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
Yeah, II admit, I miss some of the challenges that they used to do - cars v flying/sailing/rail travel, etc, or throwing themselves round some of the world's great driving roads. More of that wouldn't go amiss, after all I've used the show as an inspiration of where to go on my hols, especially in Europe and have tried some of the roads they've used on several occasions.

Did you write to uncle Jeremy?

According to this plenty of outrages stunts in America and Africa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ier-new-series--beat-years-viewer-record.html

article-2268907-172FE3BC000005DC-165_634x714.jpg

article-2268907-172FA122000005DC-380_634x417.jpg

article-2268907-172FA07D000005DC-391_634x463.jpg

View attachment 12828

Attachments

• article-2268907-172FA417000005DC-40_634x419.jpg
    article-2268907-172FA417000005DC-40_634x419.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 0

steve_k243

Sergeant
TG may have it's faults, but it beats hands down the "talent celebrity factor celebrity on ice celebrity dance" sh1te.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
What is a VPN?

I know of the Virtual Private Network in computing but have never heard of VPN in a tv sense.

T

The Masked Geek

What is a VPN?

I know of the Virtual Private Network in computing but have never heard of VPN in a tv sense.

It's a Virtual Private Network...... Giving me a fast UK IP address from which to stream video that requires a UK IP address....

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So on the Top Gear thread views on the first show. The rallying Bentley good, interesting and unexpected thing to do with something that big and heavy. Dacia Sendaro on sale in UK a long running gag continues which is nice, Pagani have a new unaffordable car Top gear staple fare so fine. Star in a car snowy, slushy, spinny fun article apart from him being ginga obviously. Sir Jeremy's P45 car bit an utter dross article which spoilt the show and took up to much time.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
So on the Top Gear thread views on the first show. The rallying Bentley good, interesting and unexpected thing to do with something that big and heavy. Dacia Sendaro on sale in UK a long running gag continues which is nice, Pagani have a new unaffordable car Top gear staple fare so fine. Star in a car snowy, slushy, spinny fun article apart from him being ginga obviously. Sir Jeremy's P45 car bit an utter dross article which spoilt the show and took up to much time.

Agree about the P45, very drawn out and not very funny and never really like the star in a Ce'ed.

They've only got 7 shows to fill so I hope they have more of the first half of tonights show and a lot less of the rest, although the grannies in a car clip suggests not.

Now, where is my local Dacia dealer?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
The P45 was,as others have said,predictable,drawn out & got boring,even more predictable with the dragons Den link ending,the Bentley was pretty good & as to that car at the start...that was awesome.
My problem with it is they don't cater much to the normal motorist like Fifth Gear does,they do (or did the last time I saw it) driver reports on the new Ford or Peugeot for example.Like to see more of that stuff.

Incubus

LAC
My problem with it is they don't cater much to the normal motorist like Fifth Gear does,they do (or did the last time I saw it) driver reports on the new Ford or Peugeot for example.Like to see more of that stuff.
So watch Fifth Gear, TG isn't that sort of show :)

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
It was so good it put me to sleep. But then again I had just finished a 12 hour shift. So it must have been boring as it would normally keep me awake.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Must admit I'm bored ****less with them fekkin around in cars I can't afford and taking the **** out of those I can, added to which I have had the misfortune of meeting Captain Slow a couple of times through work lately and he is a complete tool. I managed 20 minutes then read fekkin book about Afghanistan instead - how ducked up is that