• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Time for action?

4everAD

Sergeant
It's about time we blew ISIL off the face of the earth:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29195872
I appreciate this is probably what they want, that is to provoke a Muslim/Christian conflict that they can use as a rallying call for all disaffected Muslim men but we have to do something. It is only a matter of time until this hits British streets, it's not often that I have a real sense of pride serving these days but being part of an effort to kill these mothers would put a smile on my face when going to work.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Blew who off the face of the Earth? As with Al Qaeda and Taliban they are an invisible enemy who can just slip back into society until they are ready for the next hit. We might smash their troops in Iraq and Syria but I fear its just the start of another long drawn out war we can't win outright.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
In a word 'no'.

I want to see an Arab fronted and equipped force dealing with their own detritus...and we'll see who wants in and who doesn't.

We need to sort out our Jihadist breeding grounds as an urgent requirement...laws must be introduced to punish those in our country who preach, train and support others who fight for IS including the seizure of all their funds to ensure they can't afford a stamp no matter a network of hate!

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
We need to sort out our Jihadist breeding grounds as an urgent requirement...laws must be introduced to punish those in our country who preach, train and support others who fight for IS including the seizure of all their funds to ensure they can't afford a stamp no matter a network of hate!

Quite. And if these people are immigrants, cancel visa/citizenship/passport as appropriate and boot the burgers out back where they came from FAST before the lawyers are awake. If they have offspring who are old enough to say they are proud of being British citizens (I know lots of those), let them stay as long as they behave. They might even be able to encourage their parents to leave their protracted adolescence and grow up!

firestorm

Warrant Officer
How do you "blast" an ideology off the face of the earth? I think we've dabbled quite enough in the Arab world. We keep making it worse.

Obi Wan

Sergeant
There will be a lot of "Liberal" hand-wringing unless some sort of Immediate action is taken. By the time there have been committees & Sub-committees another Lee Rigby will have met a horrendous murder. are we as a nation just going to turn the other cheek?

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A British/US sponsored war with ISIS is the best recruiting cry they could wish for.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
There will be a lot of "Liberal" hand-wringing unless some sort of Immediate action is taken. By the time there have been committees & Sub-committees another Lee Rigby will have met a horrendous murder. are we as a nation just going to turn the other cheek?

Completely agree....we have no idea how many ISIL supporters are back in the UK, and the moment we start dropping bombs will be the moment we get a new breed of homegrown terrorism. And how do you fight that? What do you do when radicalised Muslims from Birmingham or Bolton start beheading people in the street? Do you deport them? Imprison them?

I don't want to sound too right wing here, but IMHO very soon we will start to pay the price for too lax an immigration policy....

G

Gord

Enoch Powell was right in his thought pattern, his only mistakes were that he was off by a few decades and he had the wrong race of people in mind.

I see the US is now taliking arresting those who manage come back to the US after going over to fight for ISIS, rescinding the passports of those who decide to leave the country for that part of the world and doing the same for those who have already gone, making it impossible for them to return to the US. I reckon the latter is a good move that the UK should follow but I figure they should allow anyone who wants to join ISIS freedom to leave the country for sandy parts before rescinding their passports.