• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thinking of getting a bike license?

Claustie

LAC
Done my bike license during the fuel crisis of 2000. The test was suposed to be 35 minutes long, i ended up being out for 1 hour and 30 mins because 'there was nothing on the road to be tested against'!!!!

Stiil the best thing i have ever done. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Took my bike out today for the first blast of 2008. I rang it's neck just to blow the cobwebs away!!:pDT_Xtremez_28: It's a Kawasaki ZX636R 53 Plate and it's fast as fook! :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Regards

Claustie

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
I know a couple of lads who passed it in the Falklands recently. Much quicker and easier, MTMS (Or whatever they're called) have got a bike that you can buy into and take the test in Stanley. Helps if you are actually going to be detached to MPA.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I know a couple of lads who passed it in the Falklands recently. Much quicker and easier, MTMS (Or whatever they're called) have got a bike that you can buy into and take the test in Stanley. Helps if you are actually going to be detached to MPA.

Do the FI's use the same license as us or do they convert it when they return?

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
From what I remember, you get a pass certificate and send it off to DVLA when you get back. Your licence then comes back with mo'bikes on it.

Meathead

LAC
Im going to sound like someones granny here, just hope that its taken as its meant...................

Ive had two mates in motorbike accidents this year, one fatal

Maybe some of you may remember Jacqui the physio from BZN who was killed last year. Apparently she hit the car so hard her heart burst

That put me off, not got on since

...and then just recently, a squipper at my office, due to leave the RAF end of Nov 07, missus literally just had baby...wallop - bike accident...left him in a coma, thankfully on the mend now but still in hospital now..... it was looking like another day in No1s at the time

I know that you cant avoid everything in life, but if you must ride a bike, make sure that you get the very best training....not sure that you'll get that in MPA??

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Tests a test

Tests a test

It does not matter where you take the test, what matters is that you ride within your own personal limits and always expect the worse from other road users.

Tests are false environments and do not reflect the majority of recreational riding, get your test done then get some track days and other such training to improve your own abilities, but keep watching out for the car pulling out.

I have had a couple of friends killed on bikes, before I took it up, but life without a little bit of risk would be a very dull place in deed.

ovloV

LAC
Just passed my test back in early October last year, best thing i've done for a while.
Have to say though that it was the wifes idea to get my it done, she was a biker but have a smash before i met her.
I've got a wee honda CB500 that will be keeping me busy this year getting the miles done.

tourettes

Corporal
Do it & do it soon you won't regret it.
Done my test over a year ago and instantly regretted not doing it sooner. Had my first run out of the year on Thursday and have been a much happier bunny since then!

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Did mine last year in May, not looked back since and it's all good, have to admit that it's the other road users who you have to look out for...

Suzuki Bandit 650 on a 55 plate

Attachments

• DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 0

JonnyB

LAC
Do it! You wont look back for a second! At least if the weather gets any better that is!

This is my baby, a K4 gixxer 600

Attachments

• DSC00165.jpg
    DSC00165.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0

GunnerP

SAC
Go for it!!

Thankfully I took my test when once round the block without hitting anything or falling off constituted a pass:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Dont want to appear rude, but those two Suzukis must have the largest cans known to man:eek: :eek: (And its so 1990's having them on the side ;) ;))

You'll be telling me you still use those oily chains and sprockets next:pDT_Xtremez_26:

mnb.jpg

P

tourettes

Corporal
Ok GunnerP, no need to rub it in because you have a nice shiny Buell. I'm happy with my oily chained Kwak complete with side mounted motad exhaust.

M

Mohammed The Bear

DO IT AND DO IT NOW, MY XL1000 IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND GIVES OODLES OF FREEDOM FOR LONG TOURS AWAY FROM THE RAT RACE

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT IT HAVE A LOOK AT THIS MORE EU SH1TE RESTRICTING BIKERS

IT'LL SAVE YOU A FORTUNE IF YOU DO A DIRECT ACCESS COURSE BEFORE THEY BRING THIS KAK IN.

Odie

Sergeant
Do it, Downsizer, beat the madness of the new regulations. ****** If I were you, I'd go for one of those 5 day intensive courses - ideally Direct Access so you can go to the bigger engined bikes straight away. :D

johnleeson-SmallBigRedBus.jpg
johnleeson-SmallArmchair.jpg

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Do it, Downsizer, beat the madness of the new regulations. ****** If I were you, I'd go for one of those 5 day intensive courses - ideally Direct Access so you can go to the bigger engined bikes straight away. :D

johnleeson-SmallBigRedBus.jpg
johnleeson-SmallArmchair.jpg

I've already got mine mate, just pointing it out for others...

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Interesting. I bet the reason they are tightening up the test is because of more accidents. But as the article says tests are up 28% because of congestion, parking, time and fuel economy. Ergo more bikers on the road so more prangs. I`d like to see the percentage of car accidents to total drivers.
Then ask why they aren`t toughening up the car test ?
And what about ruling out the bike no fault crashes you know "sorry I didn`t see you m8" makes my pi55 boil. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :pDT_Xtremez_25:
Glad I passed in 84