• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thieving Fire Fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M_for_Mother

I found out, this afternoon, that one of my Cpls is probably going to lose his weekend because he has been brought to 24 hrs readiness to move for Op Fresco.

Having had first hand experience of the Fire Strikes in '03, I am absolutely furious that we are going through the motions with these guys again.

Is there no end to what these greedy plastic heroes want from the taxpayer and how can it be fair that the military is expected to pick up the tab once again? I understand that MACP is a key defence mission, but it doesn't seem right to think that underpaid, overworked Cpl X or SAC Y is being subjected to extra hassle because Fireman Sam wants more money to improve his Volleyball.

Am I alone, or does anyone else think civilian Firefighters are a bunch of kn0bs?

Ex-Rigger

LAC
I completley agree with you fella.
I too was roped into Fresco in '03,and what a ball ache that was.
Having put out some fires,and drank coffee all day i can honestly say that firefighting isnt rocket science, and with some training most able bodied people could do it well.
(This equally applies to been a window cleaner on your 4 days off).

If the tossers dont like they're contract they could always resign.
If a firemans life is so poor how come they're job applications are over-subscribed 10 to 1??

What really gets my goat is that these knobbers seem to have the public fooled into thinking they are badly done too.
Over paid, underworked attention seeking knobs,the lot of them.
The forces grown ups should be making the public aware of how hard most of the forces are working at the moment in difficult conditions with out dated kit, and spending months and months a year OOA.

If i have to spend anymore time in a GG,then i'm going to be really grumpy.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Yes, I too agree, so lets stoke that fire to the max

Lets start off with wages shall we.

Firefighters' Pay

What are Firefighters paid?

The basic annual salaries for Firefighters in the UK from November 2003 are as follows:

£18,522 per annum (Firefighter aged 19+ in the first six months of service)
£29,523 per annum (Station Officer in the first six months of service)
£44,385 per annum (Senior Divisional Officer in the first year of service)

This breaks down to an hourly rate of £6.81, £13.47 and £20.26, respectively.

Firefighters' pay is a highly political issue because of a series of national on-off strikes by firefighters during 2002 and 2003, demanding substantial pay rises.

Some 50,000 firefighters nationwide are represented by the Fire Brigades Union (FBU), which led the dispute.

Airmans' Pay

What are Airmen Paid?

The basic annual salaries for Airmen (Non Aircrew) in the UK from April 2005 are as follows:

Leading/Senior Air Craftsmen SAC (Tech) & Junior Technician

Level 1 £13,866 And this man can be deployed anywhere in the world on this pay.

Level 9 £25,043 after 9 years in the job

Level 1 = year 1
Level 9 = year 9

Other interesting facts

The firemen only work shifts of 12 hours, we are on 24 hour duty.

Firemen night shifts are a sleeping duty, ours are not.

Firemen do not have to be deployed into every troublespot in the world.

Firemen do not have to do gate guard.

Firefighter manning is presently at 50000+, the RAF is on its way down from 48000 to 42000 (These are rough figures) so why the hell are we doing all these pillocks jobs as well as doing our own when we have less men than them?

Maybe old uncle Tony should take a look at this, and give the armed forces a payrise for being his arse saver everytime something goes wrong.

references :

http://www.politics.co.uk/issues/firefighters-pay-$2158217.htm

M

M_for_Mother

I wouldn't be so ticked off if our relationship with the Fire Service wasn't so one-sided. I'm off to the sandbox next year (again), and I'm quite prepared to offer up my post, on an exchange basis, to any Firefighters who fancy a go.

Don't worry though, there will be a one-day orientation course held at MOD Donington and real soldiers will be on standby, in theatre, to offer advice and guidance in the event of an ambush/mortar attack/suicide bombing.

I don't know how best to sell this to you guys...the pay is sh*t, but there's plenty of time to work on your pecs.

MFM

D

dolphinops

Wobbly
You forgot to compare the representation of the FBU with what we have :rolleyes:

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Great just in time for christmas, lets face we're at a loose end at the moment. I'm really looking forward to covering someone else's job over the holidays. Fooking W@nk3ers. :mad:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Yep, Lost one of my JNCO's at the weekend UFN. He is currently downgraded but is able to deploy to a control room. I can't get my head around what these feckers are on. When was the last time you saw a fireman killed in a major incident, it just doesn't happen nowadays. Our guys manage to fight fires with Green Goddess', so it can't be rocket science. The best one I heard was we weren't allowed to use the fire services equipment during the last national strike due to the fact it was "too complicated and technical". Ferk me what do they think it's like driving a challenger tank or repairing a multi million pound weapons platform. Get a grip you volleyball playing nancy boys!

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Whislt I dont agree with our Armed forces being used to cover for Firefighters whilst they go on strike for more pay I do think you should have read the small print in your terms of service.
Unfortunately the MOD have a duty to provide Aid to the Civil Community to maintain services such as these. All the info can be found on the MOD website.

Of course the Airman on £13000 could always leave and become a firefighter so getting a £5000 pay rise and free Volleyball lessons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

A CLING NERD SHRON said:
Of course the Airman on £13000 could always leave and become a firefighter so getting a £5000 pay rise and free Volleyball lessons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only that were true!

Many Volunteer (Retained) Fire Fighters have been desperately trying to join the Regular Fire Service for nearly 28 years (hmm, that would be the winter of 77/78 then) but they never get recruited despite their vast experience on the job.

Why? The FBU hierachy is a hot-bed of far left unionism and retained fire-fighters assisted the Armed Forces in what the FBU would term strike-breaking in 77/78 (and again in 02/03). Therefore retained fire-fighters face discrimination when attempting to join full-time.

Do you honestly think that the FBU would be particularly happy about ex-forces 'scabs' joining their ranks?

(only my opinion but I did spend far too many long night shifts in a police control room in Norfolk talking to senior (non-union) Fire Brigade Officers during OP DENY XMAS winter 2002 :mad: )

Tanktops

LAC
A CLING NERD SHRON said:
...Unfortunately the MOD have a duty to provide Aid to the Civil Community to maintain services such as these. QUOTE]

Yep, and we've done it...

I thought the Fire Service had a duty too?

I think most of the resentment is because (same as us), they knew what pay rate, terms and conditions they were signing up for before they joined.

T

Twonston Pickle

Excuse my ignorance but is this nationwide or confined to a small county/city?

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

well said Magnum PI, however I would actually like to know where the strikes are threatened too!

C

CrabAirsoles

wobbly said:
Firemen do not have to do gate guard.

Stag on, losers!

There are plenty of firefighters who are ex-forces and we know that the RAF are the most idle bunch of fukks imaginable.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
A careful, well reasoned and sensible argument there...

Must be on his four days off, and sick from his second job! COCK JOCKEY

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
CrabAirsoles said:
There are plenty of firefighters who are ex-forces and we know that the RAF are the most idle bunch of fukks imaginable.

How can a firefighter call anyone idle? Fu*k me a trained monkey could play volleyball and pool all day.

It can't be hard if we only have a couple of days training to learn their job, and do it just as well as they do!!

C

CrabAirsoles

Unfortunately your application to become a Wholetime Firefighter failed - because you're much too thick.

Now you must stag on in the nether regions of the world, while your Mrs back home flashes her tits to fire appliances when she's out on the pull. Get over it. :p

T

trumpton basher

All Firemen are W***ers

All Firemen are W***ers

Some hard facts about the scum in the yellow Hats.

This overpaid underworked bunch of neandethols are the scourge of society. Every one of then earn an absolute Fortune as Firemen....£67,000pa for a 6 hour shift followed by 7 days off to do their other jobs. They earn 14 times as much as an Air Chief Marshall, 663.4 times as much as a Nurse, 273 times as much as a Teacher and £14.62 more than a London Policeman.

They all have second jobs.... the Taxi Driver who overcharges you...He's a Fireman, The Plumber who charged your Granny £5000 to unblock her sink...He's a Fireman...The Guy who took your life savings for a plot of land in the Algarve, then promptly disappeared...He's a Fireman. Evary one of them lives in 7 bedroomed Mansions... on the same Luxury Housing developments as Premiership Footballers...but the nicer ones that the likes of Beckham & Rooney can't afford.

Did you know, that there are more luxury car owners among Fireman as an occupational group than there are among Lawyers, Bankers, Advertising Executives and Stocjbrokers.

They all have criminal records...you know all the Chav kids who are running this Once great nation into the ground, they are the vermin offspring of Firemen. They are prolific Drug abusers, rapists thieves and murderers. They are not just normal people like you and me...they are wired different. There is no way any one of us could have chosen to be a Fireman and being doing their job is there? There is no way any of them could ever of Joined the Armed Forces surely? No, they are not normal people...they belong in the pits of hell.

All Firemen are Terrorists. All of those with Ginger and Blonde Hair are Irish Catholic Bombers, the remainder are all Muslim jihad sympathisers.

On 7th of July, no London Firemen turned in for work. Some came to london to give the Bombers directions and advice on where to go to cause the most damage. The Emergency response on that day was from concerned commuters who broke into empty London Fire Stations, took uniforms and the Fire Engines and carrried out Rescue Operations. Amazingly, they found once they got on the fire Engines they were able to understand an whole host of technical information about the equipment had a full knowledge of Fire science, Urban Search & Rescue, First Aid, CBRN Counter Measures, Operational Procedures...etc...etc...

Did you know that the evil of the World were all once Firemen?
Saddam Hussein; Fireman
Hitler; Fireman
Peter Sutcliffe; Fireman
Myra Hindley; Fire Control Officer
Osama Bin Laden; Fireman
Tomas de Torquemada; Fireman
Pol Pot; Fireman
Nicolae Ceausescu; Fire Station Cook

Theere is an evil myth. In the past year for instance 5 Firemen have died in the UK on active Service. Rubbish!!!!! 4 of those were vagrants found within the ruins of the burnt Buildings, dressed in Firemans clothes by the evil communist FBU 'Secret Police' The 5th was in fact a Fireman who was so Drunk he fell asleep in the burning Buiulding and was roasted on the spot. If you see stories in the papers....(normally 3 lines at the bottom of page 18, several pages after the double page spread detailing the latest tragic loss of a Celebrities cat)...you are to completely disregard them as propaganda by the FBU.

The amount of Rescues carried out by this Nations Firemen (from fires alone) has reportedly increased by 42% in the past decade...the figures are true. But all rescues were carried out by Police Officers or Paramedics who saw the fire whilst the lazy watersquirting pr*cks were sound asleep in their craftmatic adjustables....once again, they either found the uniforms and fire engines conveniently at the side of the road (as you do) or broke into the local Station.

According to FBU data, 14.7% of the UK Fire Service (December 2002) were ex Foreces Personnel. That is a blatant lie. The Military did not dishonourably discharge over 6000 from its ranks who them all became Fireman. Any Fireman (or ex Firemen) who claims to be a former serviceman... especially those who claim to have seen action in WW2, The Suez, Aden, Falklands, Gulf War, Northern Ireland & by Christ even vets fo the second Gulf War should be shot for treason. There is no way any former member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces would ever lower themselves to join the Fire Service when they come out onto Civvy Street.

The Parents of Firemen are all scum and should be burned for Witchcraft. The wives of Fireman are all two bit whores and any members of their families should also be exterminated to prevent this evil from spreading.

All Firemen are p1ss heads and junkies.... in fact, they only turn up at Fire Stations to go into the Bars (because as we all know every Fire Station has a fully stocked and staffed Bar just like they get free 4 course silver service meals 6 times per shift the fat poofs. They get well lubricated in the first hours of their shifts before they fall into their beds until it's time to drive their Bently's, Porshes & Mercedes home.

If any Fireman ever claims that their children are entitled to free school meals...refer them to my first paragraph... we all know that you have to be earning less than £20,000 and have to pay to keep a roof over your head and pay all of your billls before kids eat for free at school...anyway, their venemous offspring don't even go to school!!!!

That clip on Sky News during Op Fresco...where the squaddie showed his payslip...£1,200 for one month....about £100 more than a Fireman earnt back then...it didn't happen. It was a trick of the camera...or something, but it did not happen OK!!!!

If any of the thick pr1cks claim there striking to stop Fire Engines being cut back or whatever...again it is bullsh*t. The Government caved into them and is pouring Millions of pounds into the Service... there are more new Fire Stations going up than there are Starbucks Coffee shops, I passed 74 of them today didn't you? There are no Fire Stations being closed and from 2008 there will be 4 Fire Engines for evey household in the UK. Despite an amazing lack of detailed facts...take it from me...they are striking for £100k this time...and like last time they will get every penny of it...without strings.

The 900,000 calls and 400,000 fires in the UK last year did not happen. The figures on the website of the Office of National Statistics were put there by some bird in IT who is shagging a Fireman. In fact there were only 39 fires in the UK last year..and they were all put out by the neighbours....with even more of those Fire Engines and uniforms that are left by the side of the road... I think I saw some today...in fact, I borrowed one of the coats because it was a bit chilly. I tried to drop it back at the Fire Station this evening, but they were all to p1ssed to come to the door.

How do I know all of this? Well, I met a Fireman in the pub the other day...he had popped in their to sober up after work, before his chauffeur dropped him back at the Airpost to get on his Private ket back to Monaco. :eek: ...Becuase you can believe every word you are told and everything you read can't you?

Stay Safe and take care.
:D ;)

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
You forgot to mention that they're all self serving to55er5, who can blow sunshine out of they're own arse and vastly over rate themselves in doing a job that the vast majority of armed forces personnel can manage to do with two days training going up and down a ladder. They are all self serving, money grabbing pr1cks who don't understand what it is to do a job in the service of they're country and its people. If they don't like what they've got, leave and let someone else do the job (who no doubt would be grateful for the opportunity). :p :mad:

T

trumpton basher

More Desperate Fire Brigade lies!!!!!

More Desperate Fire Brigade lies!!!!!

The deeper you dig, the more you find out!!!!

These dirty disloyal pussies are really getting my goat now. I have been researching their lies all night!!!!

They are even hacking Police websites and changing the salaries of Police Officers to match their own... like my good friend wobbly pointed out....

£18,522 per annum (Firefighter aged 19+ in the first six months of service)
£29,523 per annum (Station Officer in the first six months of service)
£44,385 per annum (Senior Divisional Officer in the first year of service)

Now if we take the Police equivalent of those ranks....

£22107 per annum)Police Constable on entry ( up to £31,092 after 11 years)
£43212 per annum Police Inspector, equiv to Station Officer
£66,951 per annum Chief Superintendant (equiv to Senior Divisional Officer)
from 09/2003

They have obviously got on there and inflated the Police salaries to justify their own greed.

They also want us to believe that they have to carry out 5 months initial training on a range of technical and practical subjects.... then <GET THIS> the lying b'stards are claiming that it then takes 3 years to become a qualified Firefighter!!!! That is the time taken to prove competency in all areas of the role. :eek: We all know that a couple of days playing with ladders and being shown a Fire Pump is all it takes to become a Fireman and provide and fully efficient National Fire Service!!!! 50% of their calls that don't involve Firefighting....technical rescue, hazmats, terrorism and whatever else no other fcuker can be bothered with....then all of that other stuff like training and equipment maintneance, inspections of complex Buildings....we'd pick that upo in a day or so wouldn't we gang?

More lies...

They claim to have a number of ex military associations... such as the well known London Fire Brigade ex para rgt association. These are all just cowards who were on the dole and then bought some red berets after joining the LFB and pretended to be ex paras. They also claim to send contingents to march at Ypres every year and to many local memorial services. Thnakfully the scum are not allowed anywhere near the cenotaph...despite claiming that in WW2 they suffered the highest number of civilian service losses and the highest losses for any service as a ratio of numbers served vs numbers killed.

As we heard 14% of the Fire Service are ex Military.... the liars at the FBU and that bloke down the pub said that all of them went on strike!!!! See, they couldn't have been ex forces, because we all know that despite having no choice in conditions of service in the Military, anyone who goes out onto Civvy Street would steadfastly refuse to strike no matter what they went on to do after their Military Service.

None of us would ever grow up, leave the Military, forget our roots and then find ourselves in the Fire Brigade where thouroughly p1ssed off with being shat upon for the second career we chose, but this time we were trying to pay a mortgage and all of our bills and feed our families for little more than we were earning here. Finding that this time we worked in an industry that is legally represented by a trade union, who despite being a bunch of commy w@nkers sometimes forget about the plight of some minority group in outer mongolia and get on and represent their workforce. And despite agonising over it withdraw our labour for the first time in 25 years in a LEGAL strike to try to better our conditions of service.

And by the way, I didn't do 4 years in the mob when I was a youngster.... I only dreamt it.

All this talk of the Fire-Scum made me have another strange dream last night... I dreamt that 23 years ago... after missing the structure and discipline of Navy life, I joined the Fire Service.... I dreamt that I worked my way up through the ranks where I now work a 72 hour week on the Senior Officer Flexi-Duty system (look it up) as an Assistant Divisional officer end for those hours and direct responsibility for 53 staff and an Operational responsibility for up to 70 staff and 8 Fire Engines I earn £55,000 including car allowance...about 10 grand light of my opposite number in the Police (Chief Inspector) who puts in around 40 hours per week. In my dream I dreamt that I knew what I signed up for but saw my earnings go down in real terms since the beginning of the 1990's making it NOTHING LIKE WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR!!!!

I then dreamt that I got shafted 3 years ago by an incompetent union who did not keep their eye on the ball when our salaries were falling behind and shafted by a Goverment who once again did not appreciate the job I did and got shafted by a Press that ignored all the facts and printed the lies spun to them by the goverment...the same lies that were being spouted to naive squaddies who weren't even born when I was in the mob, but saw fit to abuse me when I stood next to my subordinates in their fight for a living wage.

The dream then went on to tell me that my Wife's boss is 13 years younger than me and earns £107,000 for managing 7 people in an accountancy department of a Government Quango.

The dream also told me to believe everything I was told by my superiors and everything I heard in the media.... Firemen all all lazy good for nothings...all Troops are POW abusers. I of course can't work out the truth from the headline grabbing spin. I believe every word of it.

I'll get my coat now. Good luck, look after yourselves and I'll see you on the outside when you are a bit older!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.