• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The snow is taking up a lot of processor

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Right you all knowing geeks help please. I have only quoted busby to highlight a point, the above means absolutley nothing to me I understand none of it, it's complete gobblyboll0x. So how do I find out what core processor device have I got fitted to my computer. Starting point, computer has fired up and I have the normal screen of wallpaper and my shortcuts displayed. Now what do I do to find out which intel wotsit I have.

This is a genuine request and not a p!ss take. Before you ask yes I am the worlds biggest IT biff.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Any particular reason why you want to know? Have you got a problem?

If you're just curious,

Click on 'Start' Then 'Control Panel'

Look for 'Performance and Maintenance' and click on that.

Click on 'System' or 'see basic information about your computer' and voila.

If you select the 'Hardware' tab and click on 'Device Manager' you can have a bit more of a detailed nose about.

For even more in-depth information and in case you ever need to know about your 'Hardware Abstraction Layer' (??);

Click on 'Start', 'All Programs', Accessories', 'System Tools' and click on 'System Information'.

This does take you in to Geek territory, be careful.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Any particular reason why you want to know? Have you got a problem? If you're just curious,

No particular reason and nothing is wrong just curiousity. Thanks for the info TB

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
No snow here but was wondering why on 23rd Jan we still have the xmas banners all over the place ?

Was sure they had gone a while back so just wondering if this getting ready for next xmas ?

Crack on......................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

M

monobrow

They dissapeared ages ago! Clear your temporary internet files and refresh and all should be well.

Or better than that, download ccleaner and let that do it for you. http://www.ccleaner.com/

Last edited:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
They dissapeared ages ago! Clear your temporary internet files and refresh and all should be well.

Or better than that, download ccleaner and let that do it for you. http://www.ccleaner.com/

Well I thought I hadn't seen them for a while........realised it was my laptop that it is my laptop that I only use when away..........will have to clean them out laters.....

Cheers mono.......must be time for a beer, I obviously can't handle being sober !

Crack on.....................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
It's the browser of choice by young people. Join in.

Thats the problem......I can now admit I am not young anymore !

Hower that being said I do actually have Explorer, Firefox and Chrome on my laptop/netbook...........I do prefer explorer but sometimes onboard some sites won't access through it thats when i revert to the others.

Crack on.....................:pDT_Xtremez_09: