• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'new' JATCC graduate....

H

HilstonPols

Perhaps someone was hoping to prove a point? More than likely it was last in gets shafted:(

Must have been a tough time for the poor bugger. This is what I have been trying to say about looking after people who are suddenly in positions of authority because the system says so. It is hardly thier fault that they are inexperienced.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Yep, Det1 - it is true. He was used to release the person who was meant to be on Guard Commander, to work on shift over the Christmas / New Year Grant in their own section, because of manpower shortages.

I know this to be true - because I was the one he replaced!!!!!! :D

Before anyone says anything, I was quite looking forward to a spot of guard commander, just to get me out of work for a month!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Donald Rumsfeld

Reference to the youngster on Gd Cdr over Xmas period, I bet it was tough on him. He may have had the oppurtunity to read the views expressesd on this forum concerning such things as the JATCC graduate, I bet he got a real warm feeling over them. No doubt the individual did a good job and all credit to him, one wonders what he thinks when he reads some of the rubbish aired on these pages, by his allegedley more senior and mature colleaques.

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Don't lose sight of the original thrust of this thread:
Are CATCS / ARTS Instructors doing their jobs properly or not?
I'm sure that the CATCS staff would say that a lot of the points being raised now are outside of their control.

If we know that a 'youngster' is about to do his/her first GC then I'm sure that all of those compatriots who were so worried about him/her being eaten alive would have given the benefit of their experience! Or possibly not. Everybody has to face this situation at some point in their career. If they have received the correct training (for the task) and are 'of the right stuff', they should be able to cope. If they can't, then I refer you, gentle reader, to my previous point - they are obviously lacking in the qualities department and should not have been given the rank in the first place!
Do YOU work with any body who fits that description, and if so, has anything been done about it?