• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 'new' JATCC graduate....

R

Retard Retard

The FOMz- As I knew your chequered history before JATCC I managed to bag quite a lot of money out of your Meet n Greet sweepstake!;)

R

Retard Retard

FOMz- I'll send you some out of my Gratuity!:D

I'm still bored by the way............there has been no answer to 'does CATCS produce a good product?'

We appear to still be floundering in FT and aptitude testing and whose fault it is who gets to do the damn course.:mad:

Apart from 'Hmmmm' is there any chance of some comments from live controllers?

Y

You Can Call Me Al

I'm still bored by the way............there has been no answer to 'does CATCS produce a good product?'

We appear to still be floundering in FT and aptitude testing and whose fault it is who gets to do the damn course.

The two are inextricably linked. Given that some of the material that arrives at the School would be well named with Chaka's nom de plume, the end result is pretty good. But then that's no different from time immemorial. The task of CATCS would undoubtedly be made easier if the aptitude testing etc was more efficient. Hilston's point about who assesses individuals, and the ripostes are too general - some FOMS may be sufficiently well-equipped (!) to make the judgement, others not. What IS for sure is that the instructional staff at CATCS could make an accurate assessment of potential after a day. Can't agree entirely with Sir Salty - the RN fail rate was quite alarming until recently. Unfortunately their sample group is so small that it's very difficult to come-up with any meaningful stats.

T

The Controller

Hey....I'm dead from the neck up and the waist down.....DOH!

It's great to see YouCanCallMeAL back on line after a brief 'technical' absence...the season of goodwill and cheer can now come to an end!:p

InsideInfoMan...
Mmmmm, ok, in a tower.....making sure that the controllers are doing their jobs
Though we'd all agreed that you weren't qualified to do that!!!:D :D :D

R

Retard Retard

Chaka is...................still bored.

YCCMA is back? Great, another individual who needs to spend some time in the school.

It's great to see YouCanCallMeAL back on line after a brief 'technical' absence

Technical abscence?

Woz it his pacemaker or colostomy or too much excitement in the trouser dept over the Xmas break? Do tell!!!:D

Hmmmm

SAC
I work at the largest single military ATC unit. Throwing a small stone into the pond I would say that, in general, our straight through JATCC then ARTS trainees (including our Belgian exchange officer and our first fast tracker) do better than a significant number of our 'experienced' controllers.

Another way to look at things, should we try to ascertain how many 1st tourists fail to endorse post-JATCC? I think we would find that the percentage is extremely low.

I

insideinfoman

Sorry you're right, many apologies on that front, forgot we're not qual'd to assess controllers. :rolleyes: :eek:

What I meant to say was making sure that the controllers are sitting in front of their radar tubes watching the blips or drinking tea/coffee in the crew room.

Sorry was in a rush as we were off to be trained as B___ D_____!!!!!!! :p

R

Retard Retard

Hmmmm.

Cheers for an honest and the only reply from a 'live' controller.

Therefore, I declare CATCS is doing a splendid job and chop the people who are crap!

Great, job done.:)

H

HilstonPols

Blankity Blank!!

Blankity Blank!!

B________ D_______:

Brain Dead

Blind Drunk

Bolshie Delinquents

?

lets have some other guesses!:D

I

insideinfoman

Hey Controller

Don't blame us we only doing as we are told!!

If it was up to us, we wouldn't be doing it at all, sorry but most of us feel that it shouldn't be something that we should have to do.

Sims for the day should be cancelled or element of it, depending on how many people won't be in!!

You have our support :D

General Slim

Minor - Under16
Good to see its the same old baloney from the bitter and twisted brigade, if you failed JATCC, or washed out at your first unit - get over it !. Only a controller should assess a person to be fit for controlling duties, its a simple matter of credibility for heavens sake. Comparisons and examples of North East footballers are to say the least trite and nonsensical.
My thought for the new year- split this trade group soonest, perhaps it could be seen as long term therapy for those struggling to come to terms with the fact that they will never stare down a radar tube.

I

insideinfoman

Here Here, because believe me failed or chopped at unit level, in the end the best thing that ever happened to me was NOT controlling.

I have met many fine and great controllers BUT I also have to say that I have met and had to work with many many more complete and utter Bankers!!!!! And if they were the type of people I would have to sit along side for, for the rest of my career then pass me the rope now PLEASE!

No offence to any of the controllers that I know because if I'm still speaking to you, then you're in the good controller catergory and I'd work with you anytime.

Having to study every year to make sure that that I was operating safely and knowing that the chances of the RAF being at my side and supporting me if I did anything wrong was minute then "Thank the Lord" that I'm a FOM!!!!!!!!!

As for a Trade Split? Don't think IMHO that it'll ever happen, unfortunatly the trade of ATC/Ops is joined at the middle by the guys n gurls that run Ops Rooms/Sqn Ops and Towers, namely the Assistants.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Jesus why does every thread end up the same way??

Sick of hearing about splitting the trade, sick of hearing about fast trackers, sick of hearing about bitter and twisted FOMs etc We are one pretty fooked up branch / trade...

I

insideinfoman

SSH - I totally agree, we have been for years. You know you try and sit on the fence sometimes and no matter what you say people always turn to their own advantage.

Personally I love most Air Traffickers and Ops People. I have met and worked with good and bad on both sides (OK maybe more bad on the ATC side but who's counting)

Sreriously you are right SSH, we really need to look at ourselves as a trade. It's been bad since the early 80's and no doubt people will say before that.

Lets all get together and give ourselves a big hug? :D :D